Preston - 6/1

Derby - 7/1

Coventry - 8/1

Watford - 12/1

Doncaster - 12/1

Barnsley - 12/1

Crystal Palace - 16/1

S****horpe - 20/1

Its far to early in the transfer market to really judge these odds, however, again the bookies always seem to not take notice, despite the fact of Coppells appointment. Some people may say it will take time for us to really make a threat for promotion and that this is a fair prediction. However, i believe strongly that we have the foundations there, and the players, we just need to replace the deadwood and players that have been there a while and not done much, with some good signings - and with Coppell we can really attract some signficantly high quality strikers/midfielders and most importantly this summer DEFENDERS!

Just goes to show how far we have come to see us at them odds with clubs around us such as Leeds, Portsmouth and Sheffield United and seeing clubs below like Derby, Watford, Coventry and Norwich!!

But as you say, too early to call the market already!

Don't think Burnley will be that high come the end of the season, and I don't think Hull will be that low. I think Crystal Palace will turn things around and that Leeds OR Norwich will have a big first season in the Championship, not both.

As for us, we HAVE to be aiming for a Play-off push, and if not this year, next year at a minimum to be Play-Off certs. I'm not expect Mr Coppell to do magic first year, but I expect a better season than last!

Ridiculous odds. Four teams at 7/2 in a league of 46 games where no club is head and shoulders above everyone else. The shortest odds should a minumum of 5/1.

Hardly any club has strengthened yet so how they get such short odds is a mystery.

8th - 10th favourites seems quite high before any club has made a signing, considering that we finished 10th last season and were largely reliant on the goals of one player. I think they've taken notice of us. Swansea and Doncaster have more of an argument to feel aggrieved. One finished above us and the other produced some really good football.

(Edit - Deleted quote)

Ridiculous odds. Four teams at 7/2 in a league of 46 games where no club is head and shoulders above everyone else. The shortest odds should a minumum of 5/1.

Hardly any club has strengthened yet so how they get such short odds is a mystery.

Totally agree.

Ridiculous odds designed to cash in on impulse bets up north on the back of Leeds gaining promotion last week.

Wait until august to see a better spread of prices.

Ipswich?!

Probably because after the first 15 games they did a lot better than many and showed signs of improvement. Add Roy Keane to that and the bookies are again excited.

Personally, I wouldn't bother trying to guess much until teams have done their signings etc but Burnley should be strong even with Brian Laws.

Archived