IGNORED

Coppell Looking To Bring In 4 Or 5 Players

Josh93

i was speakin to keith millen down david lloyds last week and he said i cant tell you to much

but were lookin to bring in 4 or 5 players and then he said was off to a meeting now regarding a player

just thought id let my fellow fans know

Look this winds me up. If you speaks to player etc do the decent thing and keep what they say to you in confindance. I know and have known one or two players socially and I have worked in a couple of players and ec managers houses and I would not ever come on this forum and print what they have said over a cup of tea or a beer.

Look this winds me up. If you speaks to player etc do the decent thing and keep what they say to you in confindance. I know and have known one or two players socially and I have worked in a couple of players and ec managers houses and I would not ever come on this forum and print what they have said over a cup of tea or a beer.

to be fair to the poster he hasnt really named any potential targets and millen obviously didnt tell him anyway. so no harm done really. its all pretty generic so i cant see the problem.

I still stand by comments , I wonder what Milien thinks about this . If he wanted this to be public knowledge why didn't he tell the press.

Look the poster have not broken any laws or rules but shouldn't we have more respect for our team, just because we know things should we print them. If we continue to go down this road you end up with the Mail on Sunday situation.

I still stand by comments , I wonder what Milien thinks about this . If he wanted this to be public knowledge why didn't he tell the press.

Look the poster have not broken any laws or rules but shouldn't we have more respect for our team, just because we know things should we print them. If we continue to go down this road you end up with the Mail on Sunday situation.

i know where your coming from. but surely millen wouldnt say anything (to someone who he doesnt know) that he would be bothered about being put on a public forum or discussed in the local boozer?

album-Weird-Al-Yankovic-Off-the-Deep-End.jpg

i was speakin to keith millen down david lloyds last week and he said i cant tell you to much

but were lookin to bring in 4 or 5 players and then he said was off to a meeting now regarding a player

just thought id let my fellow fans know

Of course you were rolleyes.gif

Of course you were rolleyes.gif

In original posters defence, Keith does frequent the David Lloyd facilities and I have seen him chatting happily away with (to him) a "complete stranger" on more than 1 occassion, therefore I see no reason to accuse the poster of ?lying? just because you havn't had that pleasure,

As many have already stated - although none of us would wish for confidential information to be thrown around willy nilly for fear of greater consequences (prime example, mail on sunday [again as mentioned above]) there is absoulutely no harm in what the poster has said especially when you consider that Sir Steve Coppell himself said something along the lines of "4 or 5" (or 3 or 4 can't remember exactly!) would be about right for strengthening our current squad in one of his early interviews unless I am mistaken...

We are all city fans and as we all no we all have different opinions on different matters (as is natural!) but I see no need to make such an issue just due to pass the time untill an exciting thread arrives?!!

Marginal rant over :dancing6:

:city:

I an sorry but this just cobblers.

Sc has publicily said that he has no plans to sign anybody before pre season.

Plus is the assistant manager who needs to work hard to keep his new boss happy, really going to start gossiping with fans

I an sorry but this just cobblers.

Sc has publicily said that he has no plans to sign anybody before pre season.

Plus is the assistant manager who needs to work hard to keep his new boss happy, really going to start gossiping with fans

While he said that he doubted that anyone would be brought in before pre season, if a bargain came up he'd be mad to miss out.

Millen may have a meeting with pete johnson about a player for all you know. It's hardly gossip to say he's going to a meeting.

So why dismiss what to me sound a perfectly plausable conversation between a fan who clearly asked questions and an assistant manager who vaguely answered them?

This is a forum right? Forums are meant to gossip right? So give the original poster some credit. He hasn't done nothing wrong, He though he would share is knowledge with other city fans, If it was me i'm sure i would of done the same!

BS3 get off your high horse! :laugh:

I suspect this is entirely made up personally, but i don't know what everyone is getting wound up; its fairly obvious we need 4 or 5 players and i have a feeling Coppell may even have said as much

However, presuming it is true i can't see why the OP is getting so much grief. If it was a secret then KM wouldn't have told some random bloke he met at the gym and if its supposed to be a secret and he told someone, then he deserves a b0ll0cking for his loose tongue

Forum is about opinions is not about putting into print private conversations I think there are major issues here that go far beyond otib but how will deal with this new technology and how it will and has changed society.

If you spoke to a player 15 years ago you could have laugh with him he might tell you a few funny stories now all these players must be so garded in what they say and r

that is why in part priemier leauge players have become so disconnected from their fans.

Forum is about opinions is not about putting into print private conversations I think there are major issues here that go far beyond otib but how will deal with this new technology and how it will and has changed society.

If you spoke to a player 15 years ago you could have laugh with him he might tell you a few funny stories now all these players must be so garded in what they say and r

that is why in part priemier leauge players have become so disconnected from their fans.

that is a great point. the media saturation of football and internet forums in particular have created such uneccessary hype. we are all part of it and it can be great at times, not so great at others. it must make players think twice before chatting to fans.

Just to let the original poster know this is not just aimed at him but I wanted to broaden the debate on this topic so it's not just about this original post but I want to make a more general point about the Internet.

The mail on Sunday defence was that the tresman story was already on the internet so therefore in the public domain so I feel we all should think hard before we post and use a level of self censoreship when apporiate.

we all should think hard before we post and use a level of self censorship when appropriate.

Yes I think this is a valid request but it won't happen.

Postings are anonymous / non-attributable, too many people are involved, there is no sanction when it happens, and the indiscreet know that when they post they will get a gratifying reaction. The prospect of the player himself getting into trouble won't be a deciding factor either. "He shouldn't have told me, then" will be the standard defence.

It also takes a level of maturity and self-awareness to resist leaking some juicy rumour that could make the poster feel and be recognised as someone with a more elevated status than "the rest". After all, Knowledge is Power!

It is this level of maturity and self awareness that is sadly lacking within most sports discussion forums.

Archived