IGNORED

Bellamy To Cardiff?!?!?

156mat

I know it's only a rumour in the mirror but i would have him at city!!! I also thought Cardiff were in a bad way and their future was a bit fuzzy??? Will be interesting to see if this rumour is true and wonder if were going for anyone from the prem

My goodness me. Are we (and the press) taking leave of our senses?

Craig Bellamy must be on tens of thousands a week (Maybe £60+k?), and plays in front of 50,000 week in week out in the Prem.

What on God's earth would he want with a move to Cardiff?

Seen no evidence yet that their Malaysian owners want to pour their money into a black hole.

I stand to be corrected in due course.

I think the Guardian summed this up well this morning.

Moyes is also keeping a beady eye on Craig Bellamy but, should he decide to sign him, will have to fight off competition from Cardiff City. Or maybe he won't, since, in fairness, that's really not very strong competition.

I believe man city are paying bellamy £90,000 a week. Linked with cardiff. Unreal.

The only realistic chance of this happening is if he were to join them on loan with Man City paying most of his wages. Now why would Man City want to do that when they can just sell him (unless he is out of contract?) to another Prem club, make a few quid and offload him and his wages. I know Man City have money to burn, but even the rich owners cant be THAT stupid can they????

......all this because he said he would like to come back to Cardiff one day and he has a house in Peterstone, down the road from Dave Jones, it's bull crap of the highest order.

Exactly! Loads of players and managers have houses in their home towns or places they have lived for a long time but it doesnt mean they will be joining the club in that city.

For example, Joe Jordan still has a house in Bristol but it doesnt mean he will be coming to City....

Exactly! Loads of players and managers have houses in their home towns or places they have lived for a long time but it doesnt mean they will be joining the club in that city.

For example, Joe Jordan still has a house in Bristol but it doesnt mean he will be coming to City....

Curbishley has a few....... apparently........tumbleweed.gif

whistle.gifshutup.gif

Maybe not...

...but Alan Curbishly has a house in Clifton...

I think the Guardian summed this up well this morning.

Moyes is also keeping a beady eye on Craig Bellamy but, should he decide to sign him, will have to fight off competition from Cardiff City. Or maybe he won't, since, in fairness, that's really not very strong competition.

brilliant

I guess that would depend on you having a club to sign him for?!?!

but thats a topic for another thread! :innocent06:

Erm, what the hell are you on about?

The investment is in place and we look to move on next season. Here's a post I made elsewhere

. We are not going into admin, in fact we are already preparing for next season. There has been gross mis-management of our finances and we are spending stupid money on things and people we don't really need. What hasn't been mentioned is that if the club hadn't moved stadiums and the excess cash that was spent on the same, the club would have pretty much broken even this season just gone. The problem we have is the historic debt and over-spending at Ninian Park.

Neither is there going to be a fire-sale as has undoubtedly been mentioned!! We may sell a player or two, who in normal circumstances we wouldve kept and there will be cuts... these cuts will predominately come from back room staff/ridsdales mates who are employed at the club as well as the removal of a lot of the dead wood at the club who are on excessive wages. Tony Capaldi, Peter Enckleman, Warren Feeney. Probably in the region of £25k a week there on them 3 alone!!

Following talks between the parties, Dave Jones would have been a goner if he hadnt be given certain assurances in terms of players who will remain and what figures he will have to work with to get new blood into the team. He's moaned like hell about the lack of recourses he has had in the past and I think he was probably ready to walk away. Something is keeping him here and the obvious cause would be the promise of funds to strengthen.

These Malaysian's would not get involved in this club unless they could turn it into a successful business. They have HUGE HUGE companies over in Malaysia, this is chicken feed to them. They have no reason to get involved if they didnt want to take us forward. I get the impression that they want to make tidy up the mess that is there and then look to push us on to the next level, where they know they could tap into the Malaysian market. If as is becoming more and more apparent that Vincent Tan becomes involved then he demands success, his CV shows that. He is not going to stand for something mediocre. He has the cash to do whatever he wants.

I'm rambling, but this link shows what the deal is all about and what they are looking for - http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/5/23/nation/6321766&sec=nation

If we had gone up our problems were solved, we never and it's a bitter blow. But it certainly doesn't mean that we are going anywhere near admin, we will come back as strong as ever and ready to fight for next season. 17,000 season tickets sold and I guarantee you now we'll be pushing the top teams all the way.

must admit i almost p*ssed myself laughing when i saw the original bellamy/cardiff link

shows what i know

Imagine if they sign him, he would be the best player to play in the championship EVER!!!

surely he must be on some kind of silly cash at man city though, and even if he is willing to take a substantial drop to be close to his family wouldnt that still be the kind of monstrous wage that almost crippled them in first place

Is bellamy out of contract? would there be a fee involved?

The investment is in place and we look to move on next season. Here's a post I made elsewhere

. We are not going into admin, in fact we are already preparing for next season. There has been gross mis-management of our finances and we are spending stupid money on things and people we don't really need. What hasn't been mentioned is that if the club hadn't moved stadiums and the excess cash that was spent on the same, the club would have pretty much broken even this season just gone. The problem we have is the historic debt and over-spending at Ninian Park.

Neither is there going to be a fire-sale as has undoubtedly been mentioned!! We may sell a player or two, who in normal circumstances we wouldve kept and there will be cuts... these cuts will predominately come from back room staff/ridsdales mates who are employed at the club as well as the removal of a lot of the dead wood at the club who are on excessive wages. Tony Capaldi, Peter Enckleman, Warren Feeney. Probably in the region of £25k a week there on them 3 alone!!

Following talks between the parties, Dave Jones would have been a goner if he hadnt be given certain assurances in terms of players who will remain and what figures he will have to work with to get new blood into the team. He's moaned like hell about the lack of recourses he has had in the past and I think he was probably ready to walk away. Something is keeping him here and the obvious cause would be the promise of funds to strengthen.

These Malaysian's would not get involved in this club unless they could turn it into a successful business. They have HUGE HUGE companies over in Malaysia, this is chicken feed to them. They have no reason to get involved if they didnt want to take us forward. I get the impression that they want to make tidy up the mess that is there and then look to push us on to the next level, where they know they could tap into the Malaysian market. If as is becoming more and more apparent that Vincent Tan becomes involved then he demands success, his CV shows that. He is not going to stand for something mediocre. He has the cash to do whatever he wants.

I'm rambling, but this link shows what the deal is all about and what they are looking for - http://thestar.com.m...1766&sec=nation

If we had gone up our problems were solved, we never and it's a bitter blow. But it certainly doesn't mean that we are going anywhere near admin, we will come back as strong as ever and ready to fight for next season. 17,000 season tickets sold and I guarantee you now we'll be pushing the top teams all the way.

How many "new dawns" have you had now?

I'm rambling, but this link shows what the deal is all about and what they are looking for - http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/5/23/nation/6321766&sec=nation

Do you have sort of inside line at Cardiff then?! If so then I would get on the phone to BBC Sports/SSN etc... as this info has gotta be worth a few quid :rofl2br:

However the fact that you have linked us to an article from THE STAR! makes me think you may have just got a bit carried away after gawping at a page 3 model :innocent06:

One final thing.... Do YOU think it is FAIR that teams like Portsmouth, Palace etc should be made an example of due to almost identical circumstances whilst your "club" recieves extension after extension?!

The BBC seems to be misquoting its own interview. In an extract from an interview for the World Service played on 5 Live this am Bellamy categorically denied that he was leaving Man City and sounded pissed off at the rumours.

The BBC seems to be misquoting its own interview. In an extract from an interview for the World Service played on 5 Live this am Bellamy categorically denied that he was leaving Man City and sounded pissed off at the rumours.

When doesn't he sound/look pissed off?! Ha :dunno:

Perfect match, deserve each other, over rated, whinging, cheating, slime balls one and all!

I agree with you apart from being over-rated.

I dont like the bloke, but he is a fantastic player. I shit my pants at the thought of coming up against him next season!

Well Bellamy has now come out and said hed consider a move to cardiff this summer, so there maybe something to this rumour.

According to one forum member Cardiff would be gone this summer, so where on earth would they find the funds to sign Man Citys best player last season (barring possibly Tevez) who is on £90,000 a week?

He's off to spurs to play champions league football not off to the gypsies to play championship football.

I believe this story originated before the play off final when every single arrogant Cardiff fan was planning their caravan trips to Old Trafford and White Hart Lane, it's testament to their continued arrogance that they still think it will happen.

Vile club.

Archived