IGNORED

How To Lose £1m In Two Years

Rudolf Hucker

Crystal Palace midfielder Nick Carle to join Sydney FC

Crystal Palace midfielder Nick Carle has agreed to join A-League champions Sydney FC on a three-year contract. The 28-year-old joined Palace for £1m from Bristol City in July 2008 and went on to make 69 appearances for them but is allowed to leave on a free transfer.

He is seen by Sydney as a replacement for former Wolves and Walsall midfielder Steve Corica who retired after their A-League title win.

Carle was cut from Australia's provisional World Cup squad on Tuesday.

Crystal Palace midfielder Nick Carle to join Sydney FC

Crystal Palace midfielder Nick Carle has agreed to join A-League champions Sydney FC on a three-year contract. The 28-year-old joined Palace for £1m from Bristol City in July 2008 and went on to make 69 appearances for them but is allowed to leave on a free transfer.

He is seen by Sydney as a replacement for former Wolves and Walsall midfielder Steve Corica who retired after their A-League title win.

Carle was cut from Australia's provisional World Cup squad on Tuesday.

I wonder why they let him leave of a free AND he missed the Oz squad..............................oh yeah its cos he's pretty rubbish.

Quite a few fans on here had a love-in with this guy when he left. Time shows who is correct.

I wonder why they let him leave of a free AND he missed the Oz squad..............................oh yeah its cos he's pretty rubbish.

Quite a few fans on here had a love-in with this guy when he left. Time shows who is correct.

perhaps you should actually read up then on what's going on with OZ and Palace, rather than jumping to an incorrect conclusion

with Austrialia, alot of their fans are unhappy with Pim that both Carle and Scott McDonald haev been chopped from the squad over lesser players, you also have Tim Cahill publically saying that Carle should not only be in the squad but in the starting line up with him in midfield and rates him as good a player as Mikel Arteta at Everton.

as for Palace, their fans aren't happy either, the simple fact is that Palace are SKINT and everyone is available, with Carle and many of their higher earners, they simply need as many players off the wage bill as possible so any club willing to take a player can have them.

Quality player (another mismanged by Johnson) who showed it for Palace after Colin left and got rid of his neck ache from all the long ball.

The best news in all of this is however is that it's just ANOTHER sign that Palace are totally and utterly skint!!! GOOD

Personally I'd be giving them a call for Darren Ambrose no doubt avaialbe for a BARGAIN!!!

perhaps you should actually read up then on what's going on with OZ and Palace, rather than jumping to an incorrect conclusion

with Austrialia, alot of their fans are unhappy with Pim that both Carle and Scott McDonald haev been chopped from the squad over lesser players, you also have Tim Cahill publically saying that Carle should not only be in the squad but in the starting line up with him in midfield and rates him as good a player as Mikel Arteta at Everton.

as for Palace, their fans aren't happy either, the simple fact is that Palace are SKINT and everyone is available, with Carle and many of their higher earners, they simply need as many players off the wage bill as possible so any club willing to take a player can have them.

Quality player (another mismanged by Johnson) who showed it for Palace after Colin left and got rid of his neck ache from all the long ball.

The best news in all of this is however is that it's just ANOTHER sign that Palace are totally and utterly skint!!! GOOD

Personally I'd be giving them a call for Darren Ambrose no doubt avaialbe for a BARGAIN!!!

I thought he was on the bench for Palace a fair bit and they only just avoided relegation.

Australia fans dont get to see him play every week and nor does Cahill.

He's been moved on quickly by pretty much every club he's been at. Draw your own conclusions.

Haha! You're one of the Carle blinkered fans eh.

Suggest YOU learn more before blindly backing him! Tim Cahill and Nick Carle are best mates - what do you expect Cahill to say when asked his opinion? And show me where he said he was as good as Arteta. I'd love to read that but I wont as it was never said. Cahill has said he doesnt know why Carle hasnt become more of a success.

Carle has failed everywhere he has been so now he's gone back to Oz to play in the A League (his natural level).

Bye Nicky - thanks for the half a million pounds. Great bit of quick business by Johnson. Must have laughed long and hard when that deal went through. No point in keeping someone who isnt good enough.

Wow, Cahill is as thick as he looks then. If that is true I find that truly stunning. Wasn't one of Carle's fans, and regardless of what Cahill says and how skint Palace are the guy just isn't good enough. Only my opinion though

Nick Carle was originally bought as a winger by GJ on the recomendation of his scouts (I am advised that the signing was largely driven by Peter Johnson)

It was clear Nick Carle was not a winger from day one and as such Mr. Carle was moved in field as a combative midfielder.

In that position it was clear that Nick Carle was decent without being outstanding and despite having a relatively good engine a 1m offer for the guy was a gift horse and BCFC were not going to look it in the mouth.

Good Luck to the lad I hope he does well in Sydney, but lets ALL be honest its not a step up is it, which should tell us something...! (Well perhaps from Crystal Palace it isinnocent06.gif )

Nick Carle was originally bought as a winger by GJ on the recomendation of his scouts (I am advised that the signing was largely driven by Peter Johnson)

It was clear Nick Carle was not a winger from day one and as such Mr. Carle was moved in field as a combative midfielder.

In that position it was clear that Nick Carle was decent without being outstanding and despite having a relatively good engine a 1m offer for the guy was a gift horse and BCFC were not going to look it in the mouth.

Good Luck to the lad I hope he does well in Sydney, but lets ALL be honest its not a step up is it, which should tell us something...! (Well perhaps from Crystal Palace it isinnocent06.gif )

It's really surprising how so many of the commentators in these parts really rate Nick Carle still, saying that his Championship managers did not employ him so that he could show his true abilities, and that his omission from the international squad is a genuine tragedy.

Perhaps they were dazzled by the undoubted talent he exhibited with the Newcastle Jets.

I was too, come to that, and exalted when CITY signed Carle.

Its a great shame:- I hope that he will be happier back here.

It's really surprising how so many of the commentators in these parts really rate Nick Carle still, saying that his Championship managers did not employ him so that he could show his true abilities, and that his omission from the international squad is a genuine tragedy.

Perhaps they were dazzled by the undoubted talent he exhibited with the Newcastle Jets.

I was too, come to that, and exalted when CITY signed Carle.

Its a great shame:- I hope that he will be happier back here.

I wouldnt bet on it. Carle would though.

Sure he wasn't a striker/full-back schizophrenic, like that other PJ recommendation Mr Styvar?

He was undoubtedly talented, but unfortunately didn't really suit the English game - he held on to the ball for too long.

When Hart was first appointed at Palace, he came into the side, and put in a MOTM performance vs Sheff Utd, we started playing it on the deck a bit more, he played the next few and looked good, but then got injured and never really made it back into the side.

I just don't think Carle + English football was a good match. Good luck to him.

Gutted we lost him on a free, but there's worse things - 29 non-playing staff made redundant today.

He was undoubtedly talented, but unfortunately didn't really suit the English game - he held on to the ball for too long.

When Hart was first appointed at Palace, he came into the side, and put in a MOTM performance vs Sheff Utd, we started playing it on the deck a bit more, he played the next few and looked good, but then got injured and never really made it back into the side.

I just don't think Carle + English football was a good match. Good luck to him.

Gutted we lost him on a free, but there's worse things - 29 non-playing staff made redundant today.

He must have enjoyed playing against Sheff Utd because he was outstanding for us at Bramall Lane a couple of years ago (despite the fact we lost).

I think NC was a bit of a show pony - he wanted more time on the ball then he was allowed in the Championship. But good luck to him. I hope that he settles happily back into life in Sydney.

Bad news about the loss of jobs for non-playing staff at Palace. It's always sad to hear of people losing their jobs because of the ineptitude of others.

Carle would tear up league 2, the Aussie league is about that level, he'll do well. Half time doobies ftw!

I liked Carle as a player, when he joined we all had hope for him, but he didn't get games under GJ after a point. I'm not sure his attitude is that great, certainly not a GJ type player it turned out.

Yeah I would not have expected Cahill to say anytig but praise for him, when your GF says "does my bum look big in this?" There is only ever one answer. You allways support those close to you, regardless.

Anyway, the whole McIndoe incident did it for me, all the boys bailing out of the changing rooms to sort him out, legends.

Ummm not quite.

How Can Australia Justify selecting him when he doesnt get in the starting line up of a mediocre championship club? Also Mcdonald is a Striker, yet he has failed to score a single goal for Australia, so to me, that is hardly surprising either.

Haha! You're one of the Carle blinkered fans eh.

Suggest YOU learn more before blindly backing him! Tim Cahill and Nick Carle are best mates - what do you expect Cahill to say when asked his opinion? And show me where he said he was as good as Arteta. I'd love to read that but I wont as it was never said. Cahill has said he doesnt know why Carle hasnt become more of a success.

Carle has failed everywhere he has been so now he's gone back to Oz to play in the A League (his natural level).

Bye Nicky - thanks for the half a million pounds. Great bit of quick business by Johnson. Must have laughed long and hard when that deal went through. No point in keeping someone who isnt good enough.

thanks for the half a million pounds,i thought they still owe us 250k

Archived