IGNORED

Possible Target Missed?

'Orns

this has got me thinking. if wolves offered 3mil + iwelumo for maynard would you take it???

No! Iwelumo at 31 cant have a value any higher than 1mill IMO. That would be like accepting £4m for Nicky, not gonna happen.

this has got me thinking. if wolves offered 3mil + iwelumo for maynard would you take it???

No chance, if Maynard has another 20+ goal season then his value will shoot up by another 2 million at least. Iwelumo is coming into the twilight of his career and could only give City 2 more decent seasons at the most.

Not a chance.

Maynard surely has to be worth between 6 and 7 million. Iwelumo, while i liked his contribution, is the wrong side of 30 and worth no more than 200k.

Thought Iwelumo wanted to be close to his midlands home & family, Burnley is much further away from his home than Bristol.....

Excuses?....

BCAGFC

Couple of things, Burnley is a grand total of 18 miles further from Wolverhampton than Bristol is, so that's hardly "much further", is it?

Secondly I thought Iwelumo's biggest reason for returning was to try to break into Wolves' first team after getting himself match fit with us and although he was a regular on the bench for them after going back, he didn't manage to do so.

He is now apparently surplus to requirement at Wolves and I can fully understand why he would be prepared to move to the only financially stable club that got relegated from the Prem last season particularly if it means he'll get to play every week.

Some people look for conspiracy theories in everything............

Couple of things, Burnley is a grand total of 18 miles further from Wolverhampton than Bristol is, so that's hardly "much further", is it?

Secondly I thought Iwelumo's biggest reason for returning was to try to break into Wolves' first team after getting himself match fit with us and although he was a regular on the bench for them after going back, he didn't manage to do so.

He is now apparently surplus to requirement at Wolves and I can fully understand why he would be prepared to move to the only financially stable club that got relegated from the Prem last season particularly if it means he'll get to play every week.

Some people look for conspiracy theories in everything............

18 miles, is 18 miles............still further away from his beloved family that he was so keen to return to.

Or was there another reason for him not wanting to stay at/be connected with BCFC?.

BCAGFC

Not a chance.

Maynard surely has to be worth between 6 and 7 million. Iwelumo, while i liked his contribution, is the wrong side of 30 and worth no more than 200k.

Maynard is not worth the figures currently being quoted. 6-7 million ? For a lad who's only had one season in the championship thats a lot of poke. I appreciate gaolscorers are hard to come by, but thats a bit much. If he notches another 20 next year, as stated previously, his stock will rise by another couple of million, taking it to around 6 million.

Steve Fletcher is rated at 7 million for burnley and Maynard hasnt had that seasons experience in the Premier League.

Maynard is not worth the figures currently being quoted. 6-7 million ? For a lad who's only had one season in the championship thats a lot of poke. I appreciate gaolscorers are hard to come by, but thats a bit much. If he notches another 20 next year, as stated previously, his stock will rise by another couple of million, taking it to around 6 million.

Steve Fletcher is rated at 7 million for burnley and Maynard hasnt had that seasons experience in the Premier League.

There is no set of rules here and our opinion of what a player is "worth" is not relevant. Nicky is "worth" whatever we can afford to turn down so to speak and SL says we can turn down any offer however big. That's what determines his price. Gary Hooper is an equivalent goalscorer but since Scunny could not turn down the bids we could he is "worth" less. Anybody who wants Nikcy will have to pay a premium price.

No chance.

I think perhaps we underestimate Maynard's potential value. He's one of the most promising young English strikers around, already settling in to be one of the highest scoring Championship strikers after only 2 seasons.

When you think that the vast majority of Premier League strikers are non-English, and many of those who qualify for England are nearing veteran stage, there really is every chance he will go on to play for England.

There will be a number of International retirements whatever happens in South Africa and then it may only take a couple of injuries, e.g. Defoe, before an on-form Maynard, (scoring well publicised goals such as at QPR) could suddenly be thrust forward as a genuine England contender.

When you think Nugent was sold for 6-7m and went on to play for England, absolutely anything is possible because Maynard is a far better player.

BCFC have got a real gem in Nicky Maynard - if we ever sell him it must only be for a fee that recognises his huge potential to be a key figure in England's future.

My valuation would be not less than 8m if we reluctantly sold him tomorrow ( PLUS lots of add ons) rising to 10m+ in 12 months time if he can prove last season was no fluke and he can match or better this term's goal tally.

First job for SC should be to ensure Maynard's on a long contract. yes.gif

No chance.

I think perhaps we underestimate Maynard's potential value. He's one of the most promising young English strikers around, already settling in to be one of the highest scoring Championship strikers after only 2 seasons.

When you think that the vast majority of Premier League strikers are non-English, and many of those who qualify for England are nearing veteran stage, there really is every chance he will go on to play for England.

There will be a number of International retirements whatever happens in South Africa and then it may only take a couple of injuries, e.g. Defoe, before an on-form Maynard, (scoring well publicised goals such as at QPR) could suddenly be thrust forward as a genuine England contender.

When you think Nugent was sold for 6-7m and went on to play for England, absolutely anything is possible because Maynard is a far better player.

BCFC have got a real gem in Nicky Maynard - if we ever sell him it must only be for a fee that recognises his huge potential to be a key figure in England's future.

My valuation would be not less than 8m if we reluctantly sold him tomorrow ( PLUS lots of add ons) rising to 10m+ in 12 months time if he can prove last season was no fluke and he can match or better this term's goal tally.

First job for SC should be to ensure Maynard's on a long contract. yes.gif

Top post, summed up my thoughts exactly!

Archived