IGNORED

Gloating Over Palace

chinapig

Palace may be the club we seem to love to hate but there is a human side. Palace does not equal Jordan and Colin, detestable as they are, but ordinary people losing their jobs:

http://news.bbc.co.u...ace/8712143.stm

Palace fans seem increasingly worried the end is nigh. Colin jumped ship and no doubt the Tango Tart will be fine and players will just move on. So nothing to celebrate as far as I can see:

http://www.holmesdal...d=106&tid=99109

Ron Noades will step in and buy the club and the ground when the price hits the floor. It won't disappear.

Simon Jordan has lost a fortune, I doubt he's ok with that.

But his professed love for the club does not yet extend to agreeing to a deal to save them it seems, despite his mismanagement bringing them to this position in the first place. Hard to have sympathy with him as people lose their jobs.

I don't hold much hope at the moment.

The only thing that is keeping me going is the fact that there were constant stories about Southampton being on the verge of disappearing before they were saved at the last second.

I'm not expecting a billionaire to come in, I just hope this consortium pull it off. They were going to fund the club over summer before Jordan decided to say he wouldn't be supporting their CVA proposal so they decided against it (they're actual, sensible businessmen rather than flash in the pan-type people, i.e. Jordan). As a result, 29 people (that Jordan essentially hired) have now lost their jobs, and that is the worst thing about the whole situation. We'd been in administration for about 6 months without anyone having to be made redundant :( I suppose it was inevitable though.

The only thing that is keeping me going is the fact that there were constant stories about Southampton being on the verge of disappearing before they were saved at the last second.

I'm not expecting a billionaire to come in, I just hope this consortium pull it off. They were going to fund the club over summer before Jordan decided to say he wouldn't be supporting their CVA proposal so they decided against it (they're actual, sensible businessmen rather than flash in the pan-type people, i.e. Jordan). As a result, 29 people (that Jordan essentially hired) have now lost their jobs, and that is the worst thing about the whole situation. We'd been in administration for about 6 months without anyone having to be made redundant :( I suppose it was inevitable though.

So Jordan has gone from hero to zero, an entirely predictable result. I make no apology for detesting him and Warnock as obnoxious individuals but they are not Palace. I hope you get taken over by boring sensible people who are not seeking publicity for themselves and go back to being a football club not a vanity project. Someone as dull and dignified as Steve Lansdown would do nicely.:innocent06:

So Jordan has gone from hero to zero, an entirely predictable result. I make no apology for detesting him and Warnock as obnoxious individuals but they are not Palace. I hope you get taken over by boring sensible people who are not seeking publicity for themselves and go back to being a football club not a vanity project. Someone as dull and dignified as Steve Lansdown would do nicely.:innocent06:

Believe me, that sentiment is shared.

The guys trying to take over know how to run a business well, and hate publicity. If we have to drop a league (I am expecting relegation next season) to rebuild then so be it - I'd rather that than no club at all.

Edit - that's providing we make it through the summer.

Yes I do feel for those who have lost their jobs at the "club" but over the last year or so this has become a daily occurance countrywide due to the "recession" and I don't feel any worse for these empoloyees than I do for all those hundreds of thousands that have been let go out of the public eye.

My stance on Palarse as a club has not changed and I would happily see them slip out of existance or rot in the lower leagues without a second thought.

I agree the hype without Colin and tangoman may not live up to previous exchanges when/IF! we meet this season but I'm sure it will still be a spirited exchange to say the least!

Yes I do feel for those who have lost their jobs at the "club" but over the last year or so this has become a daily occurance countrywide due to the "recession" and I don't feel any worse for these empoloyees than I do for all those hundreds of thousands that have been let go out of the public eye.

My stance on Palarse as a club has not changed and I would happily see them slip out of existance or rot in the lower leagues without a second thought.

I agree the hype without Colin and tangoman may not live up to previous exchanges when/IF! we meet this season but I'm sure it will still be a spirited exchange to say the least!

Of course and I wouldn't suggest otherwise. Indeed it was kind of my point that is the ordinary employees that suffer in football as in other businesses. As with the banks the already well off continue to prosper and it's the poor bloody infantry who pay the price. Lions led by donkeys as ever.

I am sure there are decent supporters there but they must be a rarity, quite honestly they need a reality check, they may be a London Club, they have been in the Prem, and they even had Sir Steve as a manager, but that is long gone, they are, if they survive, are at best a League 2 outfit, and will probably start next season with further points deducted and all their good players gonefingerscrossed.gif

I think you are being hard on Palace fans, just like us they have their fair share of "Keyboard Warriors" but in the main the most noise comes from the small minority and if you had a genuine cross section of Palace fans you would notice most are normal decent football fans. I hope Palace's situation can be resolved by whatever means after all we've been in the same position but that was before the 10 point deduction came in. Having gone through the crisis of 1982 I feel immense sympathy for any clubs supporters who find themselves in this mess, although I do agree with the feelings towards Tango and Colin. Let's hope common sense returns to football and clubs learn lessons fom the likes of Palace, Pompey et al and return to living within their means.

its probably all our fault though :disapointed2se:

Exactly. Their club, their chariman their manager and their fans labelled us as cheats. Show me one of them who defended us and said we did nothing wrong.

They were happy to drag us through the mud and make people believe we are a cheating club. If they want sympathy they can go elsewhere. Theyll get none from me with their pity poor us attitude now the reality of it all has hit home.

A nsaty spiteful club from top to bottom. If you want people to be nice to you on the way down dont shit on them on the way up.

Ron Noades will step in and buy the club and the ground when the price hits the floor. It won't disappear.

Simon Jordan has lost a fortune, I doubt he's ok with that.

Just when Tango man thought he might finally be free and unencumbered and be able to do a real tan in warmer climes he finds he will once again have to go under the torch. You gotta feel for him no? !!

No gloating from me.

Palace (unlike Cardiff) have played by the rules and went into administration when others have blatantly cheated to avoid it.

Clearly I wouldn't want them to finish above us next season but I do hope they find a way out of their mess.

Cardiff on the other hand, I sincerely hope that they fold.

Exactly. Their club, their chariman their manager and their fans labelled us as cheats. Show me one of them who defended us and said we did nothing wrong.

They were happy to drag us through the mud and make people believe we are a cheating club. If they want sympathy they can go elsewhere. Theyll get none from me with their pity poor us attitude now the reality of it all has hit home.

A nsaty spiteful club from top to bottom. If you want people to be nice to you on the way down dont shit on them on the way up.

Correct, and I believe that Palace, for as long as they may or may not exist, will always hold this grudge against us. I'm not saying all of their fans are ***** or *******, as me and my mate had a good laugh with one of their fans on the train on the way there. And we even touched on "that goal" and had a bit of a laugh about it, however he still believed we cheated.

If you really still believe that, and will forever hold that grudge, I hope CPFC drops a few leagues, then they can stop worrying about us...

:englandsmile4wf: Hope it turns out well its not the fans fault Most city fans would not wish this on you, hope we see you next year at the gate. if you were cardif you would be let off. :englandsmile4wf:

Archived