IGNORED

Skuse Going Forward

internetjef

Elliot and Skuse are obviously two of our best players but perhaps especially if Coppel plays a 442 we might struggle to get them both in without being a bit too defensive.

Elliot is a quality ball winner as good as anyone at this level but he is pretty limited apart from that abilitywise.

Does anyone reckon there would be scope for training SKuse into a attacking centre mid? He seems to have a decent amount of ability on the ball and on occasion can pick a good pass and strike a good ball.

It might not work but if it did it would solve the issue of how to get them both in the side, and save us having to stump up big bucks for a quality central attacking midfielder.

Elliot and Skuse are obviously two of our best players but perhaps especially if Coppel plays a 442 we might struggle to get them both in without being a bit too defensive.

Elliot is a quality ball winner as good as anyone at this level but he is pretty limited apart from that abilitywise.

Does anyone reckon there would be scope for training SKuse into a attacking centre mid? He seems to have a decent amount of ability on the ball and on occasion can pick a good pass and strike a good ball.

It might not work but if it did it would solve the issue of how to get them both in the side, and save us having to stump up big bucks for a quality central attacking midfielder.

Competition is what we need.

I have thought about Skuse and Elliot in the same team myself a few times, however it seems that Mr. Copell wants to play 442 as the standard and adapt when necessary.

I'm not sure who is on the shopping list of our club and to be fair other clubs but it seems at this time we have LJ GW PH ME and CS all competing for two places in central midfield. If I were SC I would be thinking of bringing in one of my own and listening to offers of any of those five as they will all comand a fee!

I would suggest that Cole Skuse is our best player and is currently player of the season rightly so, but I would also suggest he would command the biggest fee and I would not be suprized if he and or Elliot were not in the sights of a Premier League Club such as Newcastle WBA BLACKPOOL among others....So my response to you would be sit back relax and worry about it after the World Cup as anything could happen and adjusting the game of a player to fit into a team is probably not yet in anyone's mind

Competition is what we need.

I have thought about Skuse and Elliot in the same team myself a few times, however it seems that Mr. Copell wants to play 442 as the standard and adapt when necessary.

I'm not sure who is on the shopping list of our club and to be fair other clubs but it seems at this time we have LJ GW PH ME and CS all competing for two places in central midfield. If I were SC I would be thinking of bringing in one of my own and listening to offers of any of those five as they will all comand a fee!

I would suggest that Cole Skuse is our best player and is currently player of the season rightly so, but I would also suggest he would command the biggest fee and I would not be suprized if he and or Elliot were not in the sights of a Premier League Club such as Newcastle WBA BLACKPOOL among others....So my response to you would be sit back relax and worry about it after the World Cup as anything could happen and adjusting the game of a player to fit into a team is probably not yet in anyone's mind

See, I was under the impression that so long as we played four at the back, we'd play any other formation in front of the back four to suit the opposition. I can't remember Steve Coppell mentioning that 4-4-2 would be the standard?

None of them are good enough going forward if we are supposed to challenge for the prem. Fact.

They can do the defensive job but nothing more.

We need a really good playmaker.

None of them are good enough going forward if we are supposed to challenge for the prem. Fact.

They can do the defensive job but nothing more.

We need a really good playmaker.

Completely agree (im sure most on here do!) has been an issue for several seasons now!

if we played Elliot and skuse in the middle i'd prefer to see Skuse bursting forward more of the two although.. if coppell also likes out and out wingers could see maybe these two not always going forward at every occasion what with wingers?

Wouldn't it be better to have Elliot going forward?

Elliot is brilliant defensively but his attacking play is poor, his distrubution is very poor and imo we would need a better attacking midfielder than elliot if we are going to challenge for the premier league

See, I was under the impression that so long as we played four at the back, we'd play any other formation in front of the back four to suit the opposition. I can't remember Steve Coppell mentioning that 4-4-2 would be the standard?

Wasnt there an interview with Coppell or something Milly said that Coppell has already stated his intentions for a 4-4-2 formation generally from next year and hence why we were playing that (mainly anyway) towards the end of the season?

Wasnt there an interview with Coppell or something Milly said that Coppell has already stated his intentions for a 4-4-2 formation generally from next year and hence why we were playing that (mainly anyway) towards the end of the season?

I was under the impression that Milllen said Coppell wants a back four played and didn't mind how the rest of the team was laid out. I can't recall any mention of 4-4-2 being the forthcoming standard.*

* That's not to say it won't be!

Archived