IGNORED

Old Stands

The Hippo

yeh cheers guys! some top pics there!! wish i could have seen the gate while the williams still had terracing at the front.

We used to stand at the back of the enclosure, right behind the subs bench at the back wall........... until it was made all seating.... then the atmosphere started to go..... then they made it 'sponsors only seating' where we had been standing and sitting for years.... we had to move to..... the Ateo stand!:tumbleweed:

My thoughts exactly :bounce:

May be a slightly naff thought, but I would love for some material from the Gate to make it to the new stadium somehow....bricks from the stands taken over to build a wall outside the stadium, perhaps...anything....would just seem to be nice to take a part of our sacred home with us is all.....oh....and I want some of it when we leave too!!!!

We used to stand at the back of the enclosure, right behind the subs bench at the back wall........... until it was made all seating.... then the atmosphere started to go..... then they made it 'sponsors only seating' where we had been standing and sitting for years.... we had to move to..... the Ateo stand!:tumbleweed:

Me too.. only i was toward the left side of the Enclosure nearer the Atyeo.. always a great banter in there. Used to stand in there for many years and was always a handy place to be to nip to the WC and tuck shop just before half time. Not much of a queue in them days.

Nice pictures there chaps, thanks to all for posting. Happy memories.

Archived