IGNORED

What Happens If?!?!

James

...Either Palarse, Pompey (or both) do go into liquidation, hence out of existance??!! before the start of the new season.

Would 1 (or 2) teams stay up from the championship (ie. wednesday and plymuff) 1 (or 2) come up from league 1... etc etc

Either way there is going to be a 1 (or 2) team defecit in one of the leagues..?? meaning possibly only 22 teams in the championship and so on and so forth.

Would the football league have to keep 1 team up/promote an extra club from every division in the football league to make up the numbers?!!

Been trying to get my head round this for a while, wondered if anyone could shed some light?!

:city::city::city:

The league that the side was in would play one light, though if Pompey and Palace both folded, two light, presumably meaning just one down and three up in The Championship next season.

It isn't going to happen, though, is it?

I believe relegated clubs stay up, all the way down the food chain.

That would be my view on things aswell. You look at the BSP has happened on a number of occasions over last few seasons and its always the relegated team that holds there place. I expect Forest Green to hold there place in light of Salisbury's demise.

The rule:

12.2 Cessation of membership. If any Club ceases to be a member of The League for any

reason (including, without limitation, pursuant to Article 4 of the Articles of Association or

by way of relegation or expulsion for disciplinary reasons):-

12.2.1 during any Normal Playing Season, its playing record shall be expunged and the

number of relegation places from the relevant Division for that Season shall be

reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be members;

12.2.2 during the period between the end of the Normal Playing Season and the

conclusion of the last Play Off Match for that Season, its playing record shall not be

expunged but the number of relegation places from the relevant Division for that

Season shall be reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be members; or

12.2.3 during the period between the conclusion of the last Play Off Match and the start of

the following Season, its playing record shall not be expunged but the number of

relegation places from the Division in which a Club would have played but for its

cessation of membership, shall be reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be

members and, during that Season, the relevant Division shall operate with a

reduced number of Clubs.

The rule:

12.2 Cessation of membership. If any Club ceases to be a member of The League for any

reason (including, without limitation, pursuant to Article 4 of the Articles of Association or

by way of relegation or expulsion for disciplinary reasons):-

12.2.1 during any Normal Playing Season, its playing record shall be expunged and the

number of relegation places from the relevant Division for that Season shall be

reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be members;

12.2.2 during the period between the end of the Normal Playing Season and the

conclusion of the last Play Off Match for that Season, its playing record shall not be

expunged but the number of relegation places from the relevant Division for that

Season shall be reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be members; or

12.2.3 during the period between the conclusion of the last Play Off Match and the start of

the following Season, its playing record shall not be expunged but the number of

relegation places from the Division in which a Club would have played but for its

cessation of membership, shall be reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be

members and, during that Season, the relevant Division shall operate with a

reduced number of Clubs.

Thanks for clearing that up!

What do we reckon the possibility of either/both of these clubs folding is then is the next question?! A lot of threads now open on this topic however so maybe a merge would be in order? In order to make this information available on those threads also.

Assuming we start next season with 23 teams instead of the usual 24, do we recieve a 'discount' on our season tickets(Becasue we play a home game less)? :cool2:

I would dare to say probably not.....

I expect we'd see a statement along the lines of - "although there will be one home game less than previously expected at the Gate this season, the club feels that the prices previously advertised represtented such good value for money (AS LITTLE AS £4.35 A GAME!*) that a reduction will not be neccessary" :innocent06::innocent06:

*U16's only :tounge:

What should happen is every ccc team gets to play 4 games less and 6 points each off the two clubs going bust as default,

clubs like sheff weds and swindon should stay where they are, they failed, harsh but fair.

Agree!

I saw a statement from the footbal league on SSN late last night confirming that if Palace (or any other club) were to go into liquidation between now and the start of the season the Championship would run a team (or 2) light next season..

Not sure how this would affect the league set up in seasons to come though?! Surely the Championship would remain a team light??!!

Agree!

I saw a statement from the footbal league on SSN late last night confirming that if Palace (or any other club) were to go into liquidation between now and the start of the season the Championship would run a team (or 2) light next season..

Not sure how this would affect the league set up in seasons to come though?! Surely the Championship would remain a team light??!!

I'd guess they'd send one less team down next year. How have they worked it with Chester? Or (being the blues square league, therefore not the football league) is it completely different? blink.gif

I'd guess they'd send one less team down next year. How have they worked it with Chester? Or (being the blues square league, therefore not the football league) is it completely different? blink.gif

:dunno: Its a tricky one, i'm suprised that it hasnt been speculated about/discussed further in the media spotlight. It is a rather pressing and "interesting" issue after all..

Agree!

If just one team goes bust before the start of the season leaving an odd number in the league, everyone would still play each other but one week teams would take turns not having a game that saturday they were due to play the team that went bust, but you get the 3 points.

If teams go bust halway through or near the end of the season and you played that team and lost the 3 points get awarded back to you and the rest of league balanced out to take back points lost to that team going bust.

With last season sheff weds would still be relegated behind scunthorpe even with points awarded back to them with palace going.

ah you answered your own question there owen, it's different rules for different leagues.

the lower the league, the less the FA care about them.

And there was me thinking Swindon could be promoted by default. Oh well. Instead, it guess it means there'll be one fewer relegation and L1 teams 1-3 going straight up with 4-7 doing the playoff rounds.

And presumably the same goes for league 2 and the equivelent in the conference leagues?!!

This is where it gets complicated ha!

How far do they go?!

And there was me thinking Swindon could be promoted by default. Oh well. Instead, it guess it means there'll be one fewer relegation and L1 teams 1-3 going straight up with 4-7 doing the playoff rounds.

what would even it out is for one season extra teams get promoted from the leagues below but the same

amount of promotions to the prem, extra teams making it from the conference up to league 2 and so on, give teams the chance to earn it.

what would even it out is for one season extra teams get promoted from the leagues below but the same

amount of promotions to the prem, extra teams making it from the conference up to league 2 and so on, give teams the chance to earn it.

I would agree with that! would make for a very interesting season indeed!

Archived