IGNORED

No 10% Discount

woodford42

Did anyone notice when renewing there season ticket,if the website stated a 10% discount in the megastore,i'm sure it did when i renewed.When did it change?,not happy effectively a 10% increase in price for season ticket holders.

Unless you were going to spend £300+ in the store i doubt it accounts for a 10% increase in season ticket prices, unless you are talking about a child season ticket. And if you were in a position to spend that sort of money in the store it would appear that £30 is not much to quibble over.

why moan,lansdown has pumped a good chunck of money to this club, as a fan let pay him back and not moan aboy 4 quid.

I agree, there are always going to be people that say something is wrongly priced for there particular scenario (if that's the case then they shouldn't buy it) but we all have to remember that without the SL money we would all be paying a hell of a lot more just to watch our club play football in the league that were in, if we were in the league that we are now in. Football is now a bloody expensive game and I think we have 3 options as i see it, we can not spend money and go backwards, spend a little beyond our means to stay where we are or spend a lot beyond our means (i.e. Cardiff) and have a chance at progressing.

I don't believe that we are so different to Cardiff and Palace except that we have a rich sugar daddy that is currently bankrolling us. So if a push for promotion costs me more money for my season ticket or I have to pay more for my shirt then I think it's probably worth it and I'm willing to do my bit to help my club progress. Saying all that I personally think SL is pissing into the wind trying to get us promoted because I see no evidence that we will ever have the support to sustain ourselves in the perm in any way (I hope to be proved wrong).

With all this in mind you can probably ignore me because I'm not going to buy a shirt this year anyway as we alway lose every time I wear any BCFC memorabilia so seems like bad luck to me.

Apparently as the adidas gear costs a bit more to buy/produce than the puma stuff there will no longer be the 10% discount for season card holders. It was stated on the site a couple of weeks ago that this would account for the freeze in shirt prices once more.

So technically a stealth price hike? Must admit I didnt see the piece on the removal of the 10% discount but although qualifying for it via season tickets / foundation I have never used it, not because I am loaded just thought it was to much hassle for a small return?

The point as far as I am personally concerned are we are being told that the removal of the 10% discount is to cover the cost of a better quality shirt and (presumably) becausi it has Adi Dasslers name on it rather than his brothers trade monocle?

Well 24 hours down the line after I thought the new shirt just "might" grow on me, my thoughts are still the same? All we have got is a cheap Adidas off the shelf T shirt with our badge on it (And they cannot even put the badge and the Adidas logo level - what the F). Sorry to appear to be a party pooper but I think Adidas have done one on us and no I wont be buying even when the new T shirts are £10 BOGOF at the end of the season.

RANT CLOSED.

I remember reading about another club who made a deal with Adidas, they just takeover for very little return.

Just look at the pictures of the shop, looks more like a Adidas shop than a Bristol City shop.

We are just a little fish in a big pond to Adidas.

fish.gif

Bollocks, Football shirts cost pennies to produce.

Bare in mind that the volume of shirts we sell is far from substancial and Adidas need to make a acceptable level of profit to justify supplying to us, while BCFC needs to make a good profit on top of that so shirt sales can be utilised as a key source of income.

So technically a stealth price hike? Must admit I didnt see the piece on the removal of the 10% discount but although qualifying for it via season tickets / foundation I have never used it, not because I am loaded just thought it was to much hassle for a small return?

The point as far as I am personally concerned are we are being told that the removal of the 10% discount is to cover the cost of a better quality shirt and (presumably) becausi it has Adi Dasslers name on it rather than his brothers trade monocle?

Well 24 hours down the line after I thought the new shirt just "might" grow on me, my thoughts are still the same? All we have got is a cheap Adidas off the shelf T shirt with our badge on it (And they cannot even put the badge and the Adidas logo level - what the F). Sorry to appear to be a party pooper but I think Adidas have done one on us and no I wont be buying even when the new T shirts are £10 BOGOF at the end of the season.

RANT CLOSED.

Shirts are not sold with the purpose to fulfill fans desires to have one. Shirts are sold to make the club profit. Look at it like how the Ronaldo deal was structured, they offered £80m(?) and they claim to have now recouped that money through shirt sales. Shirts are a source of income and therefore need to have substancial margins. If they were £30 it would not be worth the logistical hassle to sell them, and once again Lansdown would have to pump more money in on your behalf (NOT FAIR). The club needs to make a money somewhere. If you want to moan about a few extra quid feel free, but if you'd rather have a cheaper shirt and see the likes of maynard leave, so be it. Shirt sales are part of our revenue source, and while they don't on their own allow us to buy and keep players, their revenue plays a key part in keepin this club turning over.

RANT CLOSED

Did anyone notice when renewing there season ticket,if the website stated a 10% discount in the megastore,i'm sure it did when i renewed.When did it change?,not happy effectively a 10% increase in price for season ticket holders.

unfortunately the club has a habit of doing things like this

it's ok for people to say it's just 3 quid or whatever but the point is the principle and trust - if you buy something and the conditions are changed after you have bought it people are within their rights to be upset

there was recently a similar thread re bill bailey tickets

proirity for ST's changes like the wind - a thread ages ago covered my argument about ST holder priority being put behind members however this season it has changed back to ST's are the life blood - but probably only till they fancy changing it again

anyone in the dolman will know that they used to pay for x amount of room but with the new seat get y amount of room

the club needs to start getting consistent with its decisions

Now season ticket holders pay the same price for a top as non season ticket members do. I believe that is wrong. And when is it likely that you will spend over £100 in the shop in one go. Only if it is a special occasion like a childs birthday.

Now season ticket holders pay the same price for a top as non season ticket members do. I believe that is wrong. And when is it likely that you will spend over £100 in the shop in one go. Only if it is a special occasion like a childs birthday.

so say 5000 people were in the same postion as you, and spent £100 and didn't get a 10% discount, thats £50000 extra towards the club contributing to a nice chunk of the years wages of maynard (even thought this could only be 15% of his annual wage(i have no idea his wage im specualting)). If you don't make that money up....who does?The club take our more debt?Or would you prefer Lansdown to give ANOTHER £50k because you don't want to pay a tenner.Yes, ideally the shirts would be cheap, but if you want a football club that doesn't scrape together the pennies then all us fans have to contribute a bit more than we do now.

so say 5000 people were in the same postion as you, and spent £100 and didn't get a 10% discount, thats £50000 extra towards the club contributing to a nice chunk of the years wages of maynard (even thought this could only be 15% of his annual wage(i have no idea his wage im specualting)). If you don't make that money up....who does?The club take our more debt?Or would you prefer Lansdown to give ANOTHER £50k because you don't want to pay a tenner.Yes, ideally the shirts would be cheap, but if you want a football club that doesn't scrape together the pennies then all us fans have to contribute a bit more than we do now.

For this season my parents have brought a family season ticket and a student season ticket which obviously costs alot of money. So you would of thought that people that pay those sort of prices don't have to pay the same price in the club shop as people that could just go to one or two games and don't give the club the same amount of income.

Exactly!

There should be some difference in price for season ticket holders as in the past. I believe although 10% (£4 on a shirt) does not seem a huge amount what it does show is that the club is recognising the loyalty of its fans, if the lowest price they can afford to offer is £40 (which i very much doubt) then the shirts standard price should be £44 with the shirts being available to season ticket holders at £40....

I'm guessing no one has ever purchased a season ticket because they thought they might get a 10% discount in the shop, so from the club's financial point of view, the 10% discount was an unnecessary offer.

If you buy a season ticket, you get a discount on the cost of watching home games. I don't see why the club need to offer any extra discounts that will cause them to lose money. Surely no one will refuse to buy a shirt because they have to pay £4 more?

Ok sop not a season ticket holder but a shirt buyer for the past 13 seasons so all this malarky about 10% is rubbish as has been said before. Just because you pay to watch all the games in advance you get a discount on that alone so the cost per ticket is around 13 quid now if i go to 13 games this season i will have paid the same to watch half as many games as someone that has bought a season ticket. As i dont have the luxury of a season ticket or the opportunity to buy one (and yes i know about 0% finanace) surely i should get a discount on my purchases from the megastore as i pay more than the season tickect fans just your money is in the till and mine is not so how is it fair that so called "loyal" season tickect holders should get a discount on what the rest of us have to pay full price. Season tickets dont always denote loyalty as such just good acumen financially

See, this arguments completely watertight up to the point that you remember that SL isn't able to decide whether I buy a shirt, luckily it still remains a decision that's mine to make , based on style , price and apparently in some peoples view reward for their loyalty to the club. Therefore if those ST holders feel let down by this decision they've every right to their opinion and may decide not to buy. Selling it as some kind of charitable donation to SL in gratitude for everything he's done for us unfortunately doesn't work for me.

Anyway think it looks crap so fairly irrelevant I guess.

Funny how fans bay for a manager to buy this player and that player, shake their heads at Palace for getting in a financial mess and then start kicking up a fuss because they don't get 4 quid off a replica shirt.

What do you want him to buy players with? buttons?

Funny how fans bay for a manager to buy this player and that player, shake their heads at Palace for getting in a financial mess and then start kicking up a fuss because they don't get 4 quid off a replica shirt.

What do you want him to buy players with? buttons?

Chocolate buttons? mmmm.. I could be swayed. :yawn:

I've never questioned the price of my City shirts, why? What really would be the point.

See, this arguments completely watertight up to the point that you remember that SL isn't able to decide whether I buy a shirt, luckily it still remains a decision that's mine to make , based on style , price and apparently in some peoples view reward for their loyalty to the club. Therefore if those ST holders feel let down by this decision they've every right to their opinion and may decide not to buy. Selling it as some kind of charitable donation to SL in gratitude for everything he's done for us unfortunately doesn't work for me.

Anyway think it looks crap so fairly irrelevant I guess.

yup if SL asked me tommorow for 50 quid for fresh air id say yes. and thanks mr SL for what you have given us. Time we were bit more gratefull and not be the spoilt little brats some of us have been acting like.

Archived