IGNORED

City 'til You Die?

paulie walnuts

Hand on heart I would support City even if we dropped out the league and had Keynsham Town on a tuesday night.

The only way i'd stop supporting City, is if they changed the name or merged with somebody else. I love physically going to games every Saturday so i'd probably start supporting Bath City. But then again, i'm a Bristolian so going to Bath seems a bit silly.

What would cause you to stop supporting City, and who would you support instead?

As i've mentioned before on other similar threads it's not all about the 90 mins on the pitch, if we want to see a team win every single week then we will need to start supporting Chelsea or Man Ure. It's a ritual, meeting up at the same time with the same old places, drinking too much, debating who will be playing, who wont be.

I'd support the team/buy my season ticket regardless of division or signings, the love is unconditional.

As i've mentioned before on other similar threads it's not all about the 90 mins on the pitch, if we want to see a team win every single week then we will need to start supporting Chelsea or Man Ure. It's a ritual, meeting up at the same time with the same old places, drinking too much, debating who will be playing, who wont be.

I'd support the team/buy my season ticket regardless of division or signings, the love is unconditional.

Same here!

But what if they changed the name to AC Bristol (for example) and the shirt became black & red stripes?

Same here!

But what if they changed the name to AC Bristol (for example) and the shirt became black & red stripes?

Thats a good point, remember asking a few Mk Dons in the wetherspoons near the old hockey stadium who they'd supported 4 years ago and they just looked blankly at me.

Don't think it's a question i could answer unless it really happened.

I could just mever feel this way about another club. The only thing that would stop my support would be liquiditation, something I would not be able to control, and should that happen I'd probably watch Mangotsfield every week, as they're a local team. I've never understood how people can claim to 'support' United and Chelsea and the like when they live miles away and do not attend game, I mean how would you get into it?! They will never have the same passion and joy that is felt by following your local team through thick and thin.

C.T.I.D! It's been nearly 30 years, so I'm not likely to jack it in. There's been lots of good and bad in that time, but if I did turn my back on them then all the money I have paid to watch crap down there would indeed be in vain! Long live the dream - it's due. :englandsmile4wf:

Born in Hinton House on Granby Hill and can remember my mommy holding me up in the top floor window so I could watch Pappa & Grandpappa wave a white hanky above their head as they crossed the newly opened flyover with thousands of others on a matchday - all I ever wanted was to go with them to the game...........got my chance when I was 10

My parents were married on xmas eve 1949 and right after the wedding all the women went back to the house to make sarnies (rationing still on) while all the males went to watch City at AG.......thats what I call a reception

Named my son Ashton when he was born in Aug 1995 and within 3hrs of his birth I was at AG Signing him up as a junior red before a home friendly with Chelsea

Took him to his first game when he was 3yrs...........Wigan away (JJB)

He has now had a ST for 4 seasons

I Have had ST now for 15 or so consecutive seasons - there were more but stopped ST for a couple of years in the 80's and went POD!

I think there can be only one for me..........dancing2.gif

I could just mever feel this way about another club. The only thing that would stop my support would be liquiditation, something I would not be able to control, and should that happen I'd probably watch Mangotsfield every week, as they're a local team. I've never understood how people can claim to 'support' United and Chelsea and the like when they live miles away and do not attend game, I mean how would you get into it?! They will never have the same passion and joy that is felt by following your local team through thick and thin.

I have supported City since 1970, saw the team in preseason tour in Germany. Iam living in Sweden but for me is only team in my heart. Its been ups and downs but know I see hope in the future. Lets make it. Bristol City till I die.

Hand on heart I would support City even if we dropped out the league and had Keynsham Town on a tuesday night.

The only way i'd stop supporting City, is if they changed the name or merged with somebody else. I love physically going to games every Saturday so i'd probably start supporting Bath City. But then again, i'm a Bristolian so going to Bath seems a bit silly.

What would cause you to stop supporting City, and who would you support instead?

If city went bust or ceased to exist, than i would have to support rovers.............

Ha ha ha ha, rather cut my left bollock off with a blunt butter knife. I was born supporting city and I will die supporting them.. silly question.

I'm only 13, so I've got years left, but yes.

I shall biggrin.gif

I'me only 67 and I dont have years left, but no !

In a life/death situation its never about a football team, your mother etc. Its about your comrades and survival

As a veteran I have been there in war and football is far from your thoughts where the metal meets the meat.

Perhaps a little sombre, however its a perspective, but football is a tribal following, it is certainly not a life/death situation.

I have supported City since my first visit to AG in 1947, I will not or can never concieve the thought of supporting another team.

I do however watch the results of Cheltenham and my Dads team Tottenham H.

I'me only 67 and I dont have years left, but no !

In a life/death situation its never about a football team, your mother etc. Its about your comrades and survival

As a veteran I have been there in war and football is far from your thoughts where the metal meets the meat.

Perhaps a little sombre, however its a perspective, but football is a tribal following, it is certainly not a life/death situation.

I have supported City since my first visit to AG in 1947, I will not or can never concieve the thought of supporting another team.

I do however watch the results of Cheltenham and my Dads team Tottenham H.

I don't think the question is would you die for City, but will you support them until death no matter what!

Can show a passing interest in most teams thats it the Robins have been a regular 40 years worth of heartbreaking lows and some amazing highs, i can't see how you can swap teams just for glory i would rather talk to gasheads or my Preston North End mate about football than any big club followers.Was in Swindon last Sunday in an ex-players pub it was so obvious what defeat mean't to true supporters as to those on a day out,they were really impressed with City appointing Steve Coppell but then that is one of the highs for me its BCFC or no one.

I don't think anything would cause me to stop supporting the club.

I have a mate who is as much Woking as I am City and a few years back he stopped going because of discontent over the way John McGovern was running the club etc but he never stopped loving the club.

Takes a lot for people to stop going, I'd struggle to not follow us.

When I was at Uni up in Birmingham, I lived pretty close to Villa Park and went along to a couple of midweek games.

As enjoyable as watching Villa v Liverpool was, it still felt like I would when I watched the same fixture on the TV. I sit there (having previous weekend seen City v Oldham) and am impressed by the ball retention, the speed in which they attack, the movement off the ball of both strikers, the use of wingers etc etc BUT I still couldn't really care less who won.

I can watch a game of football anywhere and be impressed. I cannot though go to a game and care as much as I do when I watch us play.

Archived