IGNORED

Vuvuzelas

Red Rag

It's getting right on my tits. All the media are so desperate to be as polite as they can to the 'rainbow nation', why can't they just say they're ******* annoying and nobody likes them. Whata the point in them?? Do people honestly get pleasure from blowing indiscriminate notes for 2 hours? I've had a ******* enough after only 2 days.

this buzzing noise from them ******* whistle things is getting right on my tits cant hardly here the boys singing just bbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiz shocking

No but having sh1t had beens and players who can't get into thier clubs side is doing my head in

Different manager but same old shite is doing my head in.

Imagine sum ar5e up behind you blowing on one of them the whole match tho, would you have to have words or would you be blowing doubly-hard and moaning about the part time fans :laugh:.

Yes, meet the new boss same as the old boss (lampard/gerrard..heskey ffs), Messi was rather tasty even tho they just killed the game off, Rooney was pretty non-existant.. ...

Yes, meet the new boss same as the old boss (lampard/gerrard..heskey ffs), Messi was rather tasty even tho they just killed the game off, Rooney was pretty non-existant.. ...

I think there just comes a time when you have to face facts that we just don't have the quality up front that other countries are blessed with.

Argentina had Messi and Tevez up front.

We get to pick from Crouch and Heskey.

Now I said a few years back that the influx of foreigners into our game will weaken the English side.

Look at Arsenal - rarely even feature an English player now. As a result we now have sides in the Premier League with 100% foreign strikers.

Should we really wonder why we are left picking a guy who can't get in his own club side?

I know Platini is an anti-English **** and this is driving his own country quota he wants to implement but it gets my vote and it would help the national team.

I would truly love to see Arsenal forced to field 5 English players in their team. At the moment they regularly turn out with ELEVEN foreigners.

It's wrong and we're not starting to see the rewards from it.

Spot on Cynic. The Manager was shocking last night taking off Milnium after half hour and bring on Sh1t wright Phillips, where was Joe Cole.

Our defence was awful Terry was crap King was not fit and was replaced with the truly pathtic carrraghar. Where was Dawson. Last night was like watching mike basset.

Bottom line is that the world cup is in S.Africa and the annoying fart bugles are part of the football scene there so we have to put up with it - it won't catch on anywhere else.

There now follows a party political broadcast for the kneejerk party (but it makes me feel better);

England has not moved on from any previous world cup/euro championship - there is no change, we've learned nothing and we are not improving.

Our so-called big "world class" players become anonymous in tournaments, and the simple truth is that we don't have any world class players as none of them can perform on the big stage and they never have done. They perform in their comfort zone which is the Premier League - that is nowhere near the intensity of a world cup or Euro championship.

I wouldn't mind being a millionaire loser - and that's exactly what they are, we should be beating teams like the USA.

As for the manager, all the above is his responsibility and he has just showed me that he is no better than any other manager we've had following the whole build up and the shite performance. He played a centre back who is crocked and we're now down 2 centre backs for the tournament, he played a system that was naive in the extreme in the first half, and he paid the USA far too much respect in doing so. I've lost all the respect I had for him which was built up during qualifying.

We'll probably scrape past Algeria and Slovenia, but that is not a given by any stretch as the players will be even more "precious" after tonight, but if we do it will just be papering the cracks as we'll get no further - we need to get rid of the old boys and the clique and start preparing for the future after this world cup. That includes the manager - get an English manager in with a younger and more hungry squad for Euro 2012.

Step forward Stuart Pearce (a true English patriot who won't put up with anything less than full commitiment to the England cause) and bring forward some youngsters with you to replace those who think their place is nailed on. Proper English management in other words.

Party political broadcast ends.

Good rant - but who have we got for the future?

darren bent, defoe and rooney young enough for next world cup, but who else is good enough for the world stage?

The way things are going the next world cup squad will be made up of CCC players!

Those horn things are a menace and are ruining the atmosphere, full stop.

I must confess I've been very disappointed with the World Cup so far - complete lack of fan chanting (audible chanting anyway) and endless empty seats at every game. What a shambles.

The thing is Cotswold red you are not allowed to say anything negative about this shambles of a competion the media in this country especially TV and Radio convince everyone what a wonderful world cup this is, they are being too politcaly correct and not saying and thing bad about South Africa or should that be Banfania Banfania.

I think there just comes a time when you have to face facts that we just don't have the quality up front that other countries are blessed with.

Argentina had Messi and Tevez up front.

We get to pick from Crouch and Heskey.

Now I said a few years back that the influx of foreigners into our game will weaken the English side.

Look at Arsenal - rarely even feature an English player now. As a result we now have sides in the Premier League with 100% foreign strikers.

Should we really wonder why we are left picking a guy who can't get in his own club side?

Nice argument- except that Spain have just as many foreigners in their league as we do, and they're favourites for the Cup.

I hate the vuvuzela horn sound. It drowns out the entire crowd, you can not hear singing, chanting, bands - all you get from start to finish is the damned horns. I like hearing our band, I like hearing the South American latino and ramba bands in the World cup. The different nations, their fans and their supporters noise makes the world cup. Instead we get nothing but match after match of those horns, they have killed the atmosphere.

Nice argument- except that Spain have just as many foreigners in their league as we do, and they're favourites for the Cup.

The Spanish players are playing outside of Spain in top leagues throughout Europe. How many English players are playing outside of England?

I hate the vuvuzela horn sound. It drowns out the entire crowd, you can not hear singing, chanting, bands - all you get from start to finish is the damned horns. I like hearing our band, I like hearing the South American latino and ramba bands in the World cup. The different nations, their fans and their supporters noise makes the world cup. Instead we get nothing but match after match of those horns, they have killed the atmosphere.

A bit like going to any Yeovil Town game!noexpression.gif

The thing is Cotswold red you are not allowed to say anything negative about this shambles of a competion the media in this country especially TV and Radio convince everyone what a wonderful world cup this is, they are being too politcaly correct and not saying and thing bad about South Africa or should that be Banfania Banfania.

er..why is it a shambles, because it's in S Africa ? Please tell me what 'bad things' the media should be reporting on.

There are empty seats but would you over the odds to watch S Korea v Greece ? I'd imagine the ticket prices were set by FIFA, and the S Africans had little say in this.

I have been in JoBurg since Tuesday, and the only negative things I have seen to date have been Green's howler and SWP's inability to use his left foot for anything except standing on. I'd be curious to know what negativity there is, or why the competition is a shambles: please enlighten me.

I do agree that the vuvuzelas do my head in: was at Serbia - Ghana today, and the shrill after the penalty was deafening.

The Spanish players are playing outside of Spain in top leagues throughout Europe. How many English players are playing outside of England?

Not very many. But quite a few did in the 1980s- did we sweep to World Cup success back then?

I'm sorry, but the 'England dont win cos the Prem's full of foreigners' argument is imo totally baseless. If the English players are good enough, they will get into the top teams, and many do. The idea that if we sent all the foreign players home and promoted the best of the Championsip we'd suddenly be world beaters makes no sense- if Maynard and co were good enough to improve the English national team then one of the big guns would have snapped them up anyway. And the likes of Man U and Arsenal have some of the best youth coaching in the world, so its not as if potential greats are slipping through the net either. English fans need to accept that we're never going to have a group of players that are good enough to just turn up and win the World Cup- while at the same time remembering that we havent had the best of luck for the past 44 years, and that we're one of several nations who given the right circumstances will probably pull it off at least once or twice in my lifetime.

Oh, and back on topic, I can't stand the bloody horns either. Give me the sound of fans chanting over URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR anyday.

Guest oftbc

I personally feel we had the best chance in 2002 and 2006 with the golden generation of players and we didn't win it then so what chance do we have now? Our squad now is no where as good as them teams were. I just wish Capello would hurry up and realise like we did years ago Gerrard and Lampard can't play together in a midfield pairing. Rooney looked lost and isolated on his own and as usual was just chasing everything, Often leading ti him going out of position. For Man U he has been working on this and now he scores more headers because he is not chasing all over the pitch all the time and is actually where they want him and where he is more dangerous.

IMO we need to play Gerrard just behind Rooney in a supporting role. Gerrard is great in that position and is familiar with it, Heskey like Adebola did with us encourages England to play long. He does a decent enough job but I think Gerrard would do a better job and would add more of a goal threat. Gerrard also has a good friendship with Rooney and I would hope that could help form a good partnership and a level of understanding.

Joe Cole also needs to play on the left and he is the only realistic option we have there. Lamps and Carrick or Barry need to play in the centre. In defence I think Dawson should be given the chance to replace King. I think Dawson is underrated , He's not world class but is a better option than the crocked King or the ageing Carragher. As for the keeper situation what has happened to James? He really impressed me in the Cup final and he kept the score down was some great saves.

What annoys me is we come to a world cup without knowing our best 11. This is following a qualification campaign and many friendlies. Also I feel sorry for the forgotten man that is Defoe, He had a great season for Spurs last season but we just can't seem to fit him into our system whatever our system is. would have brought him on instead of Crouch as his pace would have caused a ired defence problems.

Why was Capello so angry following our goal? I went t a garden party to watch the game and it was great when e scored to hear the whole area explode into cheers.

What annoys me was everyone just think we have a given right to win every game. I did predict a draw prior to the game but went for 2-2. We always knew that would be our toughest game so I was happy with a draw. Remember they had some quality chances aswell. The USA are a good team and finished 2nd in the Confederations Cup losing 3-2 to Brazil in the final after leading 2-0 at half time. They also beat Spain in the semis which ended their 35 unbeaten streak. That competition was also held in South Africa so you could say that for them it wasn't a new experience. They also played at Rustenburg in that tournament. The Vuvuzela was also prominent in that tournament and it could be considered that the yanks are slightly used to it whilst for us it is a new experience so takes some adjusting in how the players and management may signal to each other etc. Here's a few quotes from that tournament about the Vuvuzela http://globalvoicesonline.org/2009/06/30/south-africa-to-vuvuzela-or-not-to-vuvuzela/

I think one win will see us through tbh. Ok it may be second place but it's better than being knocked out in the group stages. I would also argue that finishing second and playing the tougher teams we will see a better England side as just like City England play better against the bigger teams. They motivate us more. I think we also need to work on our ball retention. Look at Germany tonight. They knew when to press and knew when to just sit back and keep hold of the ball. Us English are so determined that we are always trying to find the quickest way to the goal. Being determined is a good thing to have but we need some patience so we can build some quality attacks instead of pumping the ball to a isolated Rooney with 3 defenders around him. We need to work the ball up the bitch and get players in dangerous positions and then deliver the killer blow.

Those horn things are a menace and are ruining the atmosphere, full stop.

I must confess I've been very disappointed with the World Cup so far - complete lack of fan chanting (audible chanting anyway) and endless empty seats at every game. What a shambles.

couldn't agree more, completely and utterly disappointed so far.

Good to see that the riot police are getting there moneys worth of fun!!!!

I found them annoying but I think we should have some respect for SA. They clearly love the things and they ingrained on their culture. Maybe South Africa hate the chanting that happens in England and would want that banned etc yet we obviously wouldn't want that if we were hosting. As hosts it is their right to have them if they want them at the grounds.

The only thing that would worry me is the noise of them- surely it can't be good to have many of them as they go to about 130 decibles.

Guest oftbc

I found them annoying but I think we should have some respect for SA. They clearly love the things and they ingrained on their culture. Maybe South Africa hate the chanting that happens in England and would want that banned etc yet we obviously wouldn't want that if we were hosting. As hosts it is their right to have them if they want them at the grounds.

The only thing that would worry me is the noise of them- surely it can't be good to have many of them as they go to about 130 decibles.

They wasn't introduced to SA until 2001 so how can they be ingrained in their culture?

They wasn't introduced to SA until 2001 so how can they be ingrained in their culture?

I haven't a clue when they were introduced but that isn't really the point.

They seem to love them and this is their turn to host so I say let them do what they want as long as it isn't illegal etc.

Archived