IGNORED

Striker Problem Solved

Percy Parrot

well...striker's song problem anyway.

Chris Roberts- to those who weren't there on Saturday now has a very good, well sung, song that he can be proud of and he DID clap in on Saturday.

Written by Ashton Gate's finest song writer (me baby, me- not Godzilla, Wesco or Green 'Uns rubbish! :P ) it is very simple- to the tune of that song sung by ALL fans it would seem now- but started I think by Middlesborough fans. You know the "do do do do, do do do do" one?

Well it's "do do do do, Christian Roberts, do do do do, Christian Roberts"- very simple but started at Hartlepool game and very well sung for Chris (first song to really catch on I think for him) so lets get it going at Ashton Gate on Wednesday.

PS- if you weren't there on Sat- could it be heard at all on TV at any point?

When I read the headline I thought Percy had performed some sort of Frankenstein experiment, combining some the attributes of our current strike force.

Leroys pace and sheer exuberance, Roberts shot power with both feet, Millers heading ability and Peacocks...... wait it'll come to me................... jumping ability? workrate? ability to link play :ph34r: got there in the end.

A force to be reckoned with I think, how disappointed I was to find it was for a feeble song..... :huh::)

sorry- appreciate problem of telling you tune as I don't know the song title and wasn't aware it had words.

I think it is remembered for Middlesborough fans singing along to it and clapping when the teams come out at the Riverside.

Football fans everywhere (including us) now sing it with no words and many teams play it when they score. But as I said people just kind of sing "do do do do (ohh) do do do do". You WOULD recognise the tune I promise you.

People there on Sat must know the song I am on about- but can anyone describe it better?

I know the tune you mean - it was sung by the Lokeren fans in their UEFA cup game with man city earlier in the season.

I think you'll find its not insania - its that dance tune 'reach up' but i cant remember who released it - does anyone know ?

And yes - it did work well ! (at LAST we have a decent song for him)

Guest Father Dougal

On this song thread, it's curious to see that Crystal Palace fans

have adopted 'Glad all Over' sung (as I remember it) by the Dave Clark Five about 40 years ago. Very 'uncool'. Yeovil Town supporters used to sing 'Those were the Days' a Eurovision entry for Mary Hopkin sometime around 1970.

When they got to to the chorus everyone behind the goal did a sort of pogo

dance and fall on top of one another. Absolutely hysterical.

On this song thread, it's curious to see that Crystal Palace fans

have adopted 'Glad all Over' sung (as I remember it) by the Dave Clark Five about 40 years ago. Very 'uncool'. Yeovil Town supporters used to sing 'Those were the Days' a Eurovision entry for Mary Hopkin sometime around 1970.

When they got to to the chorus everyone behind the goal did a sort of pogo

dance and fall on top of one another. Absolutely hysterical.

Palace have sung Glad All Over for years now and it was copied by Blackpool, Port Vale and Yeovil after goals scored now.

Don't think it's uncool at all- it's a very good tune and sung as well by their fans as any football anthem. Having seen Palace at places like Wembley in Play-Off finals etc etc- more of their "big game fans" know and sing along to Glad All Over. Just as 35,000 Stokies sung along to Delilah at Wembley 2000.

anyone got any idea what the name of the song is that is played when a team scores. I have heard it mainly when Wolves have been playing and have scored at home!! It goes kind of like " nah nahnah nah nah, nah nahnah nah nah ". Sorry if you have no idea what tune I'm on about but if anyone does, could you help

anyone got any idea what the name of the song is that is played when a team scores. I have heard it mainly when Wolves have been playing and have scored at home!! It goes kind of like " nah nahnah nah nah, nah nahnah nah nah ". Sorry if you have no idea what tune I'm on about but if anyone does, could you help
Thats the same tune apparently. The Pigbag song I referred to earlier.

well...striker's song problem anyway.

Chris Roberts- to those who weren't there on Saturday now has a very good, well sung, song that he can be proud of and he DID clap in on Saturday.

Written by Ashton Gate's finest song writer (me baby, me- not Godzilla, Wesco or Green 'Uns rubbish! :P ) it is very simple- to the tune of that song sung by ALL fans it would seem now- but started I think by Middlesborough fans. You know the "do do do do, do do do do" one?

Well it's "do do do do, Christian Roberts, do do do do, Christian Roberts"- very simple but started at Hartlepool game and very well sung for Chris (first song to really catch on I think for him) so lets get it going at Ashton Gate on Wednesday.

PS- if you weren't there on Sat- could it be heard at all on TV at any point?

I know which one your on about, i was singing it to myself on saturday morning! Palace fans do it aswell, normally when Andy Johnson scores

Sounds like Bananarama to me! :vomit2:

So basically it is "Papa's got a brand new Pigbag" by Pigbag. OK I got it now.
I didn't know someone had covered that classic! Bloody cheek.

The original was actually recorded in Bristol and the band were formed in the City - so even more appropriate!!

Re the Wolves song, is it The Liquidator by Harry J All Stars that you are thinking off?

Using Edson's phone tunes site here is a crap version of this tune:

http://www.web2txt.co.uk/wolverampton_fc-l...gtone-4005.html

I didn't know someone had covered that classic! Bloody cheek.

The original was actually recorded in Bristol and the band were formed in the City - so even more appropriate!!

Re the Wolves song, is it The Liquidator by Harry J All Stars that you are thinking off?

Using Edson's phone tunes site here is a crap version of this tune:

http://www.web2txt.co.uk/wolverampton_fc-l...gtone-4005.html

Thats the one, I saw them livewith Andy Shepherd playing the saxaphone part, definitely a Bristol band not sure who they support though.

Guest RedwardsV1

Too the tune of that -

When the moon hits your eye

like a big pizza pie

it's amorie

Or however it goes Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.

When the ball hits the net

On One Player You can bet

Christian Roberts

Have we got one for Rouge yet?

If not (to the tune of Robin Hood or the Ryan Giggs song...)

Rougier Rougier flying down the wing

Rougier Rougier he is the king

Loved by the Reds

Feared by the rest

Rougier Rougier Rougier

:ph34r::huh::):)

Archived