IGNORED

City Annouce Home Friendly With Blackpool

Whites

Personally would have preferred to have seen someone "new" ie A foreign team, not a team that we have been playing for the past few seasons in the Championship who have just managed to get to the "promised land" similar to when we played Wolves last season? It would have been nice to have seen someone similar to Ajax who played a different style of football and certainly drew the families in, perhaps some of those who had been previously undecided about attending league games at the Gate were persuaded to come more often during the league season as a result, unfortunately and with no disrespect intended to Blackpool I cannot see similar happening? Will probably get the loyal 6,000, new kit or no new kit, Holly or no Holly, SC's first home game or not SC's first home game???

As for Ian Holloway I for one will applaud the guy. Whatever anyone feels about his past allegiances to a rag tag outfit from across the City he has done a magnificent job on limited resources.

FAIR PLAY TO THE GUY I FOR ONE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH HIM EVEN IF HE DID ADDRESS ME AS A S***HEAD IN ASDA LONGWELL GREEN.

Welcome Holloway with a warm round of applause.

Then five minutes later when he still has a smile on his face, break out with a chorus of "cheer up Holloway"

Just to let him know who he is and always will be, a sad gas head bast##dcity.gif

Playing Blackpool in a friendly....fair enough, will be a good bench mark for us come the start of the season.

However, trying to sell it as a "High Profile Friendly"....well, quite frankly City, im embaressed by this claim.

Tickets go on sale to "priority members" on June 21st yadda yadda yadda

• Admin

YAWN !

I like the way the club are blaming the change in manager for the fact this was not sorted ! If the manager really does arrange these friendlies then what has happened over the last decade or more !

Otherwise the club has surely missed the boat with a potential money spinner, in bringing DECENT opposition in for a friendly !!! You can't tell me there are no foregin teams touring the UK pre-season !

And, then the best comment "we expect a large crowd" - WHY ?!??, I expect we will be asked to pay near full on match day price again. . . oh well away friendlies it is then for yet another season !!!

I don't know why the club bother. They might as well play these games behind close doors for all the thanks they get. Announce a fixture like this and they get slagged but If we got a decent Prem side they would probably only play their reserves/fringe players because they are all playing european opposition these days. Either that or we would just get those "supporters" who turn up to see the opposition not our team.

You can't blame our press officer for pointing out the dvertising these games is just another opportunity for the negs around here to slag off the club.

It is a good competitive pre-season friendly with a bit of added spice, and will be a good benchmark for the season ahead.

Rather have that, than get the run around by some out-fit that is far superior where we learn nothing.

Well done City!

Yeah, but Blackpool?!? Fair play to them for their overachievement last season, but let's not kid ourselves that this is a great tie. If we want a good competetive pre-season friendly with some added spice, then why not get the Sags down in. At least there would be a little bit of pride to add to the procedings as well, and the local derby aspect is always a leveller when it comes to ability, as shown by the paint pot cup tie the other year so although there are 2 divs between the two team, it would still be a decent benchmark,. You're also more likely to shift tickets.

Just how is this "high profile"?

They're in the Prem, but we're still a bigger CLUB than them!

Get what you're saying, but the fact is they are a bigger club right now, as they are in the Prem and we aren't. I'll not be going, and I wouldn't class it as 'high profile' in any way, but it's still a Prem club that we're playing.

according to Bristol Citys Fixture List On Their Profile Page on BBC Sport they have the following Definate Friendly Games as follows........

Wednesday, 21 July 2010Friendly MatchTorquay v Bristol City, 19:45

Saturday, 24 July 2010Friendly MatchAldershot v Bristol City, 15:00

but nothing about Blackpool vs Bristol City as of yet.

As for Ian Holloway I for one will applaud the guy. Whatever anyone feels about his past allegiances to a rag tag outfit from across the City he has done a magnificent job on limited resources.

FAIR PLAY TO THE GUY I FOR ONE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH HIM EVEN IF HE DID ADDRESS ME AS A S***HEAD IN ASDA LONGWELL GREEN.

Well you obviously didnt follow us in the 80's and 90's, that little shxt did and showed everything he could to prove he hated us.

Oh how he will be gloating when hes here for that friendly.

Get what you're saying, but the fact is they are a bigger club right now, as they are in the Prem and we aren't. I'll not be going, and I wouldn't class it as 'high profile' in any way, but it's still a Prem club that we're playing.

no they are not, they are just in a higher league, doesnt make them "bigger".

We have a bigger fan base, we are from a bigger City....we are a bigger club then Blackpool

Must admit I laughed when I read ''a high profile home friendly'' but to be fair it is a good competitive game to have. Certainly an improvement from Wycombe, Shrewsbury and Royal Antwerp in recent years.

Quite why the ticket prices will go up by £2 in 2 weeks is bit of a mystery. That's hardly going to persuade people to buy early!

I don't know why the club bother. They might as well play these games behind close doors for all the thanks they get. Announce a fixture like this and they get slagged but If we got a decent Prem side they would probably only play their reserves/fringe players because they are all playing european opposition these days. Either that or we would just get those "supporters" who turn up to see the opposition not our team.

You can't blame our press officer for pointing out the dvertising these games is just another opportunity for the negs around here to slag off the club.

Personally I think its an excellent friendly to have....what I find laughable is the fact they are trying to sell it as a "High profile friendly" and expect a "large crowd" etc.

Its not a "high profile" friendly is it.....its Blackpool, the team that for, god knows how many years....have finished below us, and after one freak season they made it to the big time. Its not "high profile"....and is almost insulting a fans intelligence by trying to say it is

Personally would have preferred to have seen someone "new" ie A foreign team, not a team that we have been playing for the past few seasons in the Championship who have just managed to get to the "promised land" similar to when we played Wolves last season? It would have been nice to have seen someone similar to Ajax who played a different style of football and certainly drew the families in, perhaps some of those who had been previously undecided about attending league games at the Gate were persuaded to come more often during the league season as a result, unfortunately and with no disrespect intended to Blackpool I cannot see similar happening? Will probably get the loyal 6,000, new kit or no new kit, Holly or no Holly, SC's first home game or not SC's first home game???

So by your logic, it's ok for somebody to call you a w****r so long as they've done something good in their job? Ok, in that case you're a....

Archived