IGNORED

City Annouce Home Friendly With Blackpool

Whites

Sorry Hollowhead won't be there to jeer you, with £25 for tickets, programme/grub money, £15 for petrol money and £5 whatever it is for bridge toll we could have a decent day out anywhere else!!

It is a tenner for a ticket (unless you are buying a family ticket for £25 which is not bad value).

Wow, playing a friendly against the team we plaued last day of season! Super!! Another pre season of excellent friendlies

who knows who Blackpool may buy between now and then ? great opportunity to give holloway some stick and a good test for our squad before the season starts - agree hardly high profile but not a bad friendly

who knows who Blackpool may buy between now and then ? great opportunity to give holloway some stick and a good test for our squad before the season starts - agree hardly high profile but not a bad friendly

I agree, it is a great yardstick for us (and them). Always good to have Holloway down the gate and it would be great if we could beat them before they start in the Prem!

Jesus...

I love this place.

Whatever the club does some people are never happy.

Most of the top prem sides go and play their friendies overseas these days so that they can sell a few more shirts and spread their name around the globe a bit further.

I view a friendly as a chance to watch my team play, maybe see the new players and etc, Blackpool were better than us last year FACT, if you want to pay £10 to watch it, go for it. If you dont stay away, nobody is making you.

The season hasnt even started yet and the moaners are out already.

My issue isnt moaning for the sake of it, its the fact that of ALL the teams that we could have potentially played pre season throughout Europe, we get Blackpool, a team we've just played and have played near every season for the last decade.

Its just not exciting.

My issue isnt moaning for the sake of it, its the fact that of ALL the teams that we could have potentially played pre season throughout Europe, we get Blackpool, a team we've just played and have played near every season for the last decade.

Its just not exciting.

But surely playing a team who did really well in the Championship next season is going to be a much better warm up for us than playing an european side. Also dont forget we have a pre season tour to Sweden, so playing any more european teams will be silly.

As we are at home for the first game of the season, I think playing against a top championship/low premier league side is a really good plan.

Sadly dont think I can make it as I will be at a wedding in East Sussex the day before.

I disagree with people saying it will be a good yard stick. We played woles last season who only just wet up and we played great and won the match. Yet look at the season we had (first 2/3rds anyway) and the season they had. Also see palace are hosting a friendly against chelsea, so it aint impossible.

I think it's a good friendly to see where the squad is at just before the season starts although disappointed if this is the only home friendly especially seeing as we've had Ajax and Antwerp( not as good but brilliant game and atmosphere)but then If we signed some players I'm excited to see then yes.. of course I'll come and I suppose the sweden tour couldn't of been cheap for the club.

Well you obviously didnt follow us in the 80's and 90's, that little shxt did and showed everything he could to prove he hated us.

Oh how he will be gloating when hes here for that friendly.

Sorry my young son, but, I attended my first game in 1968 when I suspect you were not even a glint...................

Unlike some I dont hold grudges especially when the guy himself has also admitted he was young and easily influenced when he was spouting off all that anti City bile..........

We have a bigger fan base, we are from a bigger City....we are a bigger club then Blackpool

It depends on many things really. More fans? Yes. Size of city? Yes.

Major trophies though? Blackpool have won one FA Cup- which is one more major trophy than we have won. Not saying they're a bigger club but it is all subjective.

To be fair gone are the days where we will play a high profile Premier League club in a friendly, they are more interested in cashing in at the far east instead of giving a little bit of support to the smaller clubs, no disrespect to blackpool but is either going to be clubs like that or a half decent european team. Didn't we try to get Man Utd last year to celebrate the FA cup centenary, I believe they had other commitments in the far east or somewhere (ching ching)

It depends on many things really. More fans? Yes. Size of city? Yes.

Major trophies though? Blackpool have won one FA Cup- which is one more major trophy than we have won. Not saying they're a bigger club but it is all subjective.

I see where your coming from, but we are a bigger club, as I said

Bigger City, Bigger fan base, were getting a new ground fit for International football, they will only now complete their ground because they have Premier league cash.

Archived