IGNORED

Argentina

grove park city

Even though the manager is as mad as a box of frogs and they haven't really played a top team what a forward line and flowing football to boot,Messi,Tevez,Aguero,Higuain a master display of attacking football against South Korea if England could produce half of this forward play it would be worth watching. Germany,Argentina,Brazil seem to be coming out the pack , Spain surely can't be that bad again Holland blow hot and cold as always ,Italy seem like France out of sorts Mexico could be dark horses pretty lively up front.Argentina are a joy to watch from a neutral point of view except if they play England of course.

Even though the manager is as mad as a box of frogs and they haven't really played a top team what a forward line and flowing football to boot,Messi,Tevez,Aguero,Higuain a master display of attacking football against South Korea if England could produce half of this forward play it would be worth watching. Germany,Argentina,Brazil seem to be coming out the pack , Spain surely can't be that bad again Holland blow hot and cold as always ,Italy seem like France out of sorts Mexico could be dark horses pretty lively up front.Argentina are a joy to watch from a neutral point of view except if they play England of course.

definitely agree, we need to be avoiding them. I think Italy and France will struggle to qualify, mexico look decent and so do uruguay as far as dark horses go. I just hope that England picks up a bit tomorrow night, If Brazil can play argentina in round 2 that would be good!

As you say ''Hand of God' is as unpredictable as they come and maybe he'll start messing with his team now they are in the last 16 .:fingerscrossed:

That said they didn't have much up against them in the first 45 today. S Korea were frightened of them and gave them far too much respect but showed that the Argies are vunerable when forced on th back foot as long as you don't leave the back door open as the Koreans did.

They did look good at tmes but you have to take into consideration the quality and attitude of the opposition. Same with the Germans.

Argentina were quality today, I know Higuain grabbed a hatrick (albeit the easiest hatrick you will ever score) but Messi was fantastic! They do look a bit wobbly at the back though and I do feel that if you can get at them you will be rewarded.

I agree about their defensive qualities.

It seems to me that this World Cup has been about solid defensive work, hence the lack of goals.

Like it or not, I think it will be a team with a solid defense that wins the WC.

I had to laugh at the Spanish manager blustering that the Swiss didn't deserve their victory - of course they did! Just goes to show that 'pretty-boy' football doesn't always win the day. It lifted my day to see the Spanish beaten - their style of football, while 'technically' good, bores the pants off me.

I had to laugh at the Spanish manager blustering that the Swiss didn't deserve their victory - of course they did! Just goes to show that 'pretty-boy' football doesn't always win the day. It lifted my day to see the Spanish beaten - their style of football, while 'technically' good, bores the pants off me.

Yeh, I thought what a disgracefull and ungracious comment that was. Grapes and sour springs to mind.

Facts are his slick pass and move style was stylish but ultimately ineffective when they got in and around the Swiss box. Well done to Switzerland.

Yeh, I thought what a disgracefull and ungracious comment that was. Grapes and sour springs to mind.

Facts are his slick pass and move style was stylish but ultimately ineffective when they got in and around the Swiss box. Well done to Switzerland.

Couldn't agree more, they stuck to a game plan and an immensely disciplined performance saw them take the 3 points. Obviously they had their fair share of luck, but sometimes that's just what you need. What did Del Bosque expect them to do play an attacking 4-4-2 and just roll over?

Archived