IGNORED

Leeds Are This Seasons Newcastle!

!james

Simon Grayson's Leeds United side will face two early screen tests with the opening two games of the league season, against Derby County and Nottingham Forest, both set for live TV coverage.

The first game of the season against Derby County will be shown live on BBC1 and will now kick off at 5.15pm on Saturday August 7.

And our second league game of the campaign, at Nottingham Forest, has now been moved to Sunday August 15 (KO 1.15pm) to accomodate the sky cameras

Both a complete joke and an insult to the teams that have struggled for ages to get any recognition from the Beeb. If West Ham had gone down it'd have been them, if Leeds hadn't have gone up it would've been Portsmouth (fair enough, they need the money) or one of the other two. The BBC cannot do a truely balanced range of games showcasing the entire league.

Well spotted

Sky still have a chance to cover a first and second live game over the opening weekend

Hopefully City v Millwall with a midday kick off

other UNOFFICIAL sources with announce this info when they find out

Cardiff City, v Leeds originally planned for Monday January 3.

Now moved to Tuesday January 4 (7.45pm)

A chance that our 3pm kick off against Cardiff could be live on sky or the BBC

Well spotted

Sky still have a chance to cover a first and second live game over the opening weekend

Hopefully City v Millwall with a midday kick off

other UNOFFICIAL sources with announce this info when they find out

Cardiff City, v Leeds originally planned for Monday January 3.

Now moved to Tuesday January 4 (7.45pm)

A chance that our 3pm kick off against Cardiff could be live on sky or the BBC

The early game on Sky on Sat the 7th is Southampton v Plymouth kick off 12.15

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/TVGamesDetail/0,,10794,00.html

I have a fiver on with a (bristol born and bred) Leeds fan that we will finish higher than them in the league.

your definitely a fiver up there then. i reckon leeds will struggle. norwich will be the team to look out for

its ridiculous that the bbc cannot be fair in there coverage

Both a complete joke and an insult to the teams that have struggled for ages to get any recognition from the Beeb. If West Ham had gone down it'd have been them, if Leeds hadn't have gone up it would've been Portsmouth (fair enough, they need the money) or one of the other two. The BBC cannot do a truely balanced range of games showcasing the entire league.

Quite right, apart from the bit about Pompey, they only need the money because they've been managed like a banana republic, which is no-ones fault but theirs.

It's a sad but true fact that the BBC's attention span in The Championship is similar to that of a goldfish. Look at the third raters they put on their truly awful Saturday night show, Claridge!

I expect we can look forward to the stunning insight of the likes of the ironically named Mark Bright on it next year....

I have a mate who is a Baggies fan and I've always held them in high regard but when they were shown live last season when they had already clinched automatic promotion that just summed it up.

Expect loads of sides like ourselves to be seen as occasional fodder for their favoured few, plus ca change, n'est-ce pas?

its ridiculous that the bbc cannot be fair in there coverage

How are the BBC not being fair in their coverage... Please read the original post again. Leeds are only playing on the BBC once. Once again the BBC gets a bashing on this forum from people who are ill informed and have ulterior motives. The BBC show live matches, we have live radio commentary through 5 live and Radio Bristol, there is a highlights show on Saturday evening and if all that weren't enough you can see highlights and goals the following week online... what more could people want?

Please stop believing the ramblings of one or two individuals who clearly have an axe to grind against the BBC and start enjoying the coverage that they produce.

How are the BBC not being fair in their coverage... Please read the original post again. Leeds are only playing on the BBC once. Once again the BBC gets a bashing on this forum from people who are ill informed and have ulterior motives. The BBC show live matches, we have live radio commentary through 5 live and Radio Bristol, there is a highlights show on Saturday evening and if all that weren't enough you can see highlights and goals the following week online... what more could people want?

Please stop believing the ramblings of one or two individuals who clearly have an axe to grind against the BBC and start enjoying the coverage that they produce.

So do you honestly believe that Newcastle weren't shown disproportionately on the BBC compared to the other sides in the division last season, then?

So do you honestly believe that Newcastle weren't shown disproportionately on the BBC compared to the other sides in the division last season, then?

not that I think this is at all fair or right but disproportionate compared to the amount of games shown or disproportionate to the fan base or home attendance?

If it was any other TV station then they would be on every week because they could sell more adverts and more people are interested in them.

Leeds United are a big time side bigger than Newcastle in terms of success they will attract most media attension in this division most City fans will put this down as one away game to go to, still ranks as the greatest result i have ever seen City achieve winning 1-0 at Elland Road in the Fa cup all those years ago. The appeal of Leeds will pump up the viewing figures with the armchair fan where as City /Millwall would get some just watching hoping for a for right old punch up and sod the result.

Leeds United are a big time side bigger than Newcastle in terms of success they will attract most media attension in this division most City fans will put this down as one away game to go to, still ranks as the greatest result i have ever seen City achieve winning 1-0 at Elland Road in the Fa cup all those years ago. The appeal of Leeds will pump up the viewing figures with the armchair fan where as City /Millwall would get some just watching hoping for a for right old punch up and sod the result.

Exactly Leeds are the biggest club in the league in terms of history honours and fan base, why some people on here get so het up that other teams are on tv more than us is laughable......we are not the biggest draw in this league

Exactly Leeds are the biggest club in the league in terms of history honours and fan base, why some people on here get so het up that other teams are on tv more than us is laughable......we are not the biggest draw in this league

i dont really pay attention to history and stuff cuz it's how the team do now that people should care about, rather than what happened years and years ago.

but if i were to name the "biggest club in terms of history honours and fan base", it would be Forest.

I have a question for NTTDS.....

when you refer to "UNOFFICIAL" sources revealing information, just who are you refering to? Because I always get the impression you are talking about the BCFC website?

If this is the case - how can you call the OFFICIAL BCFC Website UNOFFICIAL??????

i dont really pay attention to history and stuff cuz it's how the team do now that people should care about, rather than what happened years and years ago.

but if i were to name the "biggest club in terms of history honours and fan base", it would be Forest.

I don't know about that, they are very similar to me and are probably bigger than 1/2 of the clubs in prem. Leeds had a large amount of success in the 60's and 70's due to a very good manager, they have also had recent success in the 90's and early 2k's, Forest had a massive amount of success between 75 and the early 90's due to a very good manager. So it could be argued that both teams have been very successful but Leeds have a far longer successful history while forest have the larger success's.

I have been to both grounds as a neutral in the last couple of years and the feeling I got at Leeds was that the whole city was geared up for waiting till Saturday when they could watch the football, the feeling I got at Forest was that 50% of the people there would rather be elsewhere and were just attending because they would have to cut the grass and do the dishes if they didn't.

I think they are very similar when comparing there "big club stats" but for me Leeds win this one because of the experience I had when I went there.

At the end of the day Leeds are gonna struggle in the Championship. Only just scrapped promotion, there biggest asset has gone (Beckford), and are gonna feature in a televised relegation scrap. How many of you can honestly say the team that Leeds ended the season with are good enough for the championship. Still what do I know I tipped Blackpool for relegation last season and look where they are.biggrin.gif

Archived