IGNORED

Cardiff City Player Spotted Down Ashton Gate

Keith_Lemon

Interesting, and cheers for posting mate. It's more worthwile than most of the stuff posted on here so don't listen to nobheads making inane comparisons about a made-up fan in a United shirt,

Thanks mate, just passing on to what I saw. Don't see the reason why some become sarcastic. And sorry but it was his father I pressume that was driving a black Honda CRV ( well i think it was a CRV).

Why would we be interested in him?

Exactly my reaction.

If we didn't have a plethora of promising young defenders of our own - Ribeiro, James Wilson, Joe Edwards, and now Danny Ball, then signing a promising youngster would be understandable.

It seems he has been discarded by Cardiff not in some drastic clearout due to financial reasons but simply because they don't think he'll make the grade at Championship level.

I doubt this can be the right player - if it is then it is surprising to put it mildly that City might be interested.

Being a welsh under 21 player doesn't count for a lot I am affraid, with all due respect to lewin, he's first choice at centreback for Wales but not for City.

My reaction and question was highlighted by Nogbads post perfectly. I think there may be a slight misunderstanding about today's events.

Just thought, could it be geypes, about 6-1 and always tanned?

:fastasleep:I can vividly remember going to see City play Cardiff in a cup match back in the late 70's.

They had a young lad playing out on the wing who had a blinding game for them. He would have been about 21 (I don't have the match progam anymore), just over 6 foot, and matching this exact description. Don't think he was on a long contract with them either.

Only problem with this is:-

1) Cannot remember his name for the life of me

2) Now, he would be about 53 years old

3) We has driving a Ford Consul

4) Hated the english, and would not travel to away games, as he would start fights immediately on getting off the team coach.

5) Because of 4), probably would not be seen as Ashton Gate, BUT would explain the Cardiff City tracksuit.

I will google the Cardiff City historical matchday programme website, and come back to you with a firm name.

Don't go away ..........

:fastasleep:

P.S. Let's hope we sign someone soon ........

:fastasleep:I can vividly remember going to see City play Cardiff in a cup match back in the late 70's.

They had a young lad playing out on the wing who had a blinding game for them. He would have been about 21 (I don't have the match progam anymore), just over 6 foot, and matching this exact description. Don't think he was on a long contract with them either.

Only problem with this is:-

1) Cannot remember his name for the life of me

2) Now, he would be about 53 years old

3) We has driving a Ford Consul

4) Hated the english, and would not travel to away games, as he would start fights immediately on getting off the team coach.

5) Because of 4), probably would not be seen as Ashton Gate, BUT would explain the Cardiff City tracksuit.

I will google the Cardiff City historical matchday programme website, and come back to you with a firm name.

Don't go away ..........

:fastasleep:

P.S. Let's hope we sign someone soon ........

It reads to me that you are saying this English hating fight starter of 30 years ago might be the Dad accompanying the player mentioned in the original post.

I suppose if he hasn't changed his ways and therefore thumped the first Englishman he saw on exiting his car at AG - God forbid it might even have been Colin Sexstone?ohmy.gif - then that swingeing right hook would surely have scuppered any transfer hopes for his son.

Let's hope, if it was the same man, he has mellowed sufficiently to ensure no such fracas occurred.fingerscrossed.gif

Your entitled to say what you wish. Believe me or not, i am saying what I saw. If you dont believe fine, none of my concern.

I think I can solve this for you? dancing2.gif

John Jones, an avid Cardiff City fan (About 20 years old, description is right) went to the AG shop to purchase a present for his nephew who against his wishes is a BC fan? He was dressed in a Baadiff track-suit as he seldom wears anything else! He didn't realise that his visit to the club shop would create so many rumours...surrender.gif

Archived