IGNORED

Gary Sawyer Signs For The G*s!

!james

<br />Hopefully a centre half and left back have been lined up then?!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

we still need cover for both wings aswell depending on what role he wants haynes to play oh and i wouldn't say no to another keeper aswell im not being too greedy am i?

Am i the only one who thought Sawyer was distinctly average in his games for us? A good signing for them nonetheless, considering how average they are and another signing for them after the 'prolific' Will Hoskins decided to join them from Watford reserves........................

Am i the only one who thought Sawyer was distinctly average in his games for us? A good signing for them nonetheless, considering how average they are and another signing for them after the 'prolific' Will Hoskins decided to join them from Watford reserves........................

I agree he wasn't outstanding but he was far from average Imo. Decent going forward, good tackler and rarely got caught out.

Although that is based on two games.

Well, we were comparing him to jamie McAllister!

Steve is obviously going to take his time to assess the squad and Sawyer couldn't wait. Can't say he was a player that made me think we absolutely had to sign him. The fact he has not gone to a Championship club confirms that for me.

I thought he was ok too. But maybe he was just a breath of fresh air at a difficult period? And him not attracting a better club than the Gas has confirmed it, as other have said.

I do though have a twinge of concern regarding Coppell assessing players. I don't think the timing has been great. First he can't take over because of other commitments, then it has been a summer break for all. I just have a gut feeling that we are going to hear something like was said after we failed to be promoted a couple of seasons ago. Ie other teams are more advanced in their dealings as they knew which division they were in/who their manager was/contracts had been sorted etc etc.

That said, if anyone can do it Coppell is our man. But I thought that was the feeling about Copello too!

Definitely not, to me he looked OK, but nothing more, and I really could not believe some of the stuff being posted on here. His ultimate destination certainly suggests that people within the game also think that he is "distinctly average".

Maybe he likes the look of Mccallister and doesn't see left back as a priority position for change?

Considering the players arnt back in training untill tomorrow and the club has already released a statement saying that Jamie will be one of a couple who won't be fit to start full training I somewhat doubt that.

No doubt time will tell :city:

no you are not the only one, hes a league one player at best imo,

good signing for the sags thou as they are also league one at best :innocent06:

I thought he looked OK for us, nothing more, so I'd have been underwhelmed if he'd come to AG full time.

Sawyer must have a very low opinion of his own ability and career prospects if he is satisfied to sign for the stagnant gas.

He really should have taken a lead from Heffs and told them where to go.yes.gif

I thought he looked OK for us, nothing more, so I'd have been underwhelmed if he'd come to AG full time.

This. Bear in mind he had two chances to earn a contract he desperately wanted, so I expect we saw the very best of him, which was no better than average.

No doubt Coppell has somebody better in mind.

I must admit even though we only saw him twice he looked a tidy player, but it is obviously hard to reach a proper judgement after such a short amount of playing time!

I remember Tony Dinning being a very tidy player until we gave him a contract, at the end of the day a team who were being relegated didn't think he was good enough for them, so why would he be good enough to help move us up a level, afterall that's what were eventually aiming for, isn't it!

Hopefully SC has someone else in line.

Archived