IGNORED

Bounce Around The Ground Chant

nebristolred

Will people be changing this to "Coppell says, bounce around the ground" or not, seeing as it was Gary Johnson's quote?

Personally, I think it would be a nice tribute to him if we kept on singing "Johnson says, bounce around the ground." You can't knock what he did to the stature of our club.

I think the song should disappear, as a mark of respect to gary.

If I was Coppel I wouldn't appreciate singing about the last manager, and If i was GJ, i'd hate to see it changed as that was a period when the fans and GJ were as one.

the newer version fo the song is acceptable though, and probably works better.

I think the song should disappear, as a mark of respect to gary.

If I was Coppel I wouldn't appreciate singing about the last manager, and If i was GJ, i'd hate to see it changed as that was a period when the fans and GJ were as one.

the newer version fo the song is acceptable though, and probably works better.

i think the song should dissapear full stop for all those apart from under 10 year olds

Will people be changing this to "Coppell says, bounce around the ground" or not, seeing as it was Gary Johnson's quote?

Personally, I think it would be a nice tribute to him if we kept on singing "Johnson says, bounce around the ground." You can't knock what he did to the stature of our club.

I think coppell will be sick of it after hearing 4400 city fans sang it for 90 minutes as his team went down 2-0 at home!!

Ah! johnson never said bounce around the ground, he said get behind your team to where the song was first sang as ''johnson said get behind the team'' at the time when people were leaving early at games.. the bounce came from the sub lads at the back of the stand where they were looking for a tune to bounce for a while to and on hearing the get behind your team bit they just changed it as it happened to johnson said bounce around the ground, although the lads have been singing a different version to the song from 2003 onwards.

Buy hey it's a good song just change the names and carry on if you like it.

as if grown men are going to give a to$$ about a group of fans attributing a chant to a former manager. sing what you like! as long as we're singing who's gonna care?!!! if a couple of thousand who have travelled a few hundred miles (and dropped a lot of money in the process) to support the team and then decide that they want to crack out the classic and enjoyable Johnson says bounce around the ground song, who is anyone to start bringing up loyalties etc. Bloody loved that song. Great fun. It's a Bristol City song, would very much enjoy singing it again.

Ah! johnson never said bounce around the ground, he said get behind your team to where the song was first sang as ''johnson said get behind the team'' at the time when people were leaving early at games.. the bounce came from the sub lads at the back of the stand where they were looking for a tune to bounce for a while to and on hearing the get behind your team bit they just changed it as it happened to johnson said bounce around the ground, although the lads have been singing a different version to the song from 2003 onwards.

I was pretty sure he did say it. I thought he said we really need the fans to bounce around the ground for a certain game or something.

I was pretty sure he did say it. I thought he said we really need the fans to bounce around the ground for a certain game or something.

He said before the Palace play off game at the gate "let's get this place bouncing" - I am 99% sure of that, feel free to correct me if im wrong though.

I'm fairly sure Johnson did say in an interview that he wanted fans up out of there seats and bouncing around the ground.

I'm fairly sure Johnson did say in an interview that he wanted fans up out of there seats and bouncing around the ground.

He definitely did!

I don't really think it's appropriate to sing Johnson says bounce around the ground when our manager is Steve Coppell and Johnson

himself is the manager of a different club...

He said before the Palace play off game at the gate "let's get this place bouncing" - I am 99% sure of that, feel free to correct me if im wrong though.

Been doing some research from other lads who tell me it's been sang as far back a 2007 and GJ picked up on it, but we made it for him he never asked directly, just picking up on what was already there. I remember now it was sang at stoke away!! April 2008 before the palace play off game,, i'm sure he played off what was already taking off.

Palace was May 2008

Stoke away April

:clapping:

Tomorrow I will write a letter to Lansdown asking him to tell Coppell to say: ''and I want to see City fans bounce around the ground'', during his next evil post interview.

That way it's justified and the City bounce lives on! And all the miserable buggers can shove it up their botty holes!

What about 'Johnson says Warnock is a ****'?

I don't think Coppell would want to be associated with that.

Maybe not.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/jan/22/match.reading

"Steve Coppell, the Reading manager, accused Warnock of inflaming the situation. "It looked to be an aggressive gesture," he said.

Archived