IGNORED

Man United Loanee's

James

Was in David Lloyd yesterday evening and had an interesting chat with the same "source" who confirmed the Mccombe deal to me earlier in the week (as I posted on here) and the impression I got was that we were extremely close to signing some "recognised premier league Loanees", after a bit more digging and a bit of pressure on my part :innocent06: I got the words "Man Utd" out of him/her/them.

I was going to wait and see how it panned out but I just noticed on the ever correct and infamous "Transfer Rumours" Website the extremely uneducated and amusing post reading - "Craig Cathcart and Mame Biram Diouf from man u to bristol city on season long loans"

thus seeing it worth a thread :)

Can't comment on Cathcart having never seen/noticed him playing but do remember Diof scoring a lovely goal on his Man United debut and would offer considerable strength and pace up front alongside Nicky if indeed this rumour has depth.

thoughts........?

PS. feel free to post the predictable "that website is bollocks" etc etc but as I said I have only posted this following my conversation yesterday evening and am by no means saying that the 2 names mentioned on the website which i also frequently refer to as utter tripe are players that were reffered to in our conversation (no names were mentioned before you ask!)

Latest on football rumours is Cathcart and Diouf from Man U on season long loans. Assume that this is unlikely but maybe not a bad thing if we were to change our approach by looking at this sort of deal to sign up and coming players from top prem clubs.... plenty of our rivals do.

Was in David Lloyd yesterday evening and had an interesting chat with the same "source" who confirmed the Mccombe deal to me earlier in the week (as I posted on here) and the impression I got was that we were extremely close to signing some "recognised premier league Loanees", after a bit more digging and a bit of pressure on my part :innocent06: I got the words "Man Utd" out of him/her/them.

I was going to wait and see how it panned out but I just noticed on the ever correct and infamous "Transfer Rumours" Website the extremely uneducated and amusing post reading - "Craig Cathcart and Mame Biram Diouf from man u to bristol city on season long loans"

Can't comment on Cathcart having never seen/noticed him playing but do remember Diof scoring a lovely goal on his Man United debut and would offer considerable strength and pace up front alongside Nicky if indeed this rumour has depth.

thoughts........?

PS. feel free to post the predictable "that website is bollocks" etc etc but as I said I have only posted this following my conversation yesterday evening and am by no means saying that the 2 names mentioned on the website which i also frequently refer to as utter tripe are players that were reffered to in our conversation (no names were mentioned before you ask!)

Tell you what if we manage to sign Diouf that would give a real signal of intent to the rest of the league about our promotion ambitions. He has scored 33 goals in 75 games for Molde and for an early twentie year old it isnt that bad and has scored 1 goal for utd in 5 games would be a good edition to the squad.

I think Preston will get first dibs on Man U loanees, they just brought in a kid called Matt James. Fabio de Silva (LB) wanted to go on loan to Sporting Lisbon, perhaps we could hijack that? Jonny Evans brother Cory looks good in Utd reserves in midfield with Magnus Eikrem and fellow Norwegian Josh King as a striker option. If he doesn't play much before January, Utd new signing Javier 'Chucharito' Hernandez looked a bit tasty for Mexico at the World Cup, perhaps if we are top 8 we can bring him in January to fire us to Prem... like Hull did with Frazier Campbell.

Wouldn't say Craig Cathcart was the 'commanding ball winner' we so desperately need but any Manure player has to be reasonably good.

Cathcart was on loan at Plymouth last season, did quite well but was injured IIRC and had to return to MU.

Matt James was at PNE last season, scored some stunning goals as well, he will do well with a full season at our level.

BCAGFC

If it was Diouf that would be quality

Man U wouldnt have shelled out a transfer fee for him if they didnt believe he had genuine scope to make it as a top 4 prem league striker

Think Cathcart hascome up through there youth system, i heard he did quite well at plymouth last season on loan but granted i didnt actually see him play at all

ive seen diouf play and i can tell you he's pure class!

the only problem i think he play's too much like maynard.

if he came to city who would start with him??

Thats where a player such as Keough comes in if you play him just behind the front two of Maynard and Diouf I belive that would be the best attacking line up in the league but this is all talk and i am probably getting a bit to far ahead of myself but I can dream. :pray:

Think unlikely as the northern clubs (preston, burnley) will prob have 1st dibs espec as darren is preston boss, and SAF will prob want them to stay close to their parent club.......wouldnt mind seeing an arsenal loanee tho........emmanuel-thomas looked superb last season and somehow ended spending it at doncaster

The only reason we would have a chance with these sorts of loans would be due to SC and his style of play. Could happen I guess.

Exactly what I thought, also the only reason I bothered posting!

Heres to hoping though :fingerscrossed:

Perhaps your gym buddy is trying to flush you out on here/knows it will be posted so is winding you up?

Would be nice though :-)

thoughts........?

Perhaps your gym buddy is trying to flush you out on here/knows it will be posted so is winding you up?

Would be nice though :-)

Ha would be amusing if he/she/it was!

Like I said in my last Thread - a MORE than reliable source :innocent06:

But once again let me reiterate, the 2 names included on THAT website were never mentioned in our conversation, only the words "Man Utd" so take from that what you will :city:

Was coppell managed by fergie?

Not unreasonable to think he'd loan some of his kids to us!

Ha would be amusing if he/she/it was!

Like I said in my last Thread - a MORE than reliable source :innocent06:

But once again let me reiterate, the 2 names included on THAT website were never mentioned in our conversation, only the words "Man Utd" so take from that what you will :city:

Lets face it, whether or not this rumour is true, we now have a very likeable ex-Man U player as our manager.

That tells me that if there are Man U players willing to go to the Championship on loan then BCFC stand a pretty good chance of securing their services. (Assuming Fergie and SC get on OK).

he tried to sign fraser campbell didn't he and the clubs agreed a season long loan but he chose hull instead

No not quite - the story has been embelished somewhat by Gary Johnson, espacially after he came in for some flak for not signing any loans from Premier clubs.

The first time Campbell was mentioned was when Gary was on Sky TV with Blackwell(Sheff Utd manager) commenting on some footage of Campbell scoring.

The sky pundit commented on how good a loan deal it had been for Hull and Gary came back along the lines of:

"A lot of managers though he might be available (for loan) and contacted Sir Alex but we all got an email back saying he wasn't going out on loan - and 2 weeks later he went to Hull!" Blackwell was agreeing to this.

So it was just a general email enquiry and several championship clubs were all knocked back by Man U - we didn't even speak to Fergie or the player, who anyway would have had his pick of clubs.

but at a meet the fans Q & A session Gary made it sound like he had Campbell lined up and the player reneged and went to Hull.

Typical GJ Bull Schitt .

CR

Archived