IGNORED

Kris Boyd Signs For Borough

WellRedPhil

Kris Boyd has just signed a 2 year deal at Borough and I really think they could be a force next season. The likes of Robson and Boyd are very good at this level and I'm surprised Boyd didn't sign for the Prem tbh. Seems like Strachan has a lot of cash to spend, even though he's on a free I bet his wages are fairly hefty!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6244251,00.html

Kris Boyd has just signed a 2 year deal at Borough and I really think they could be a force next season. The likes of Robson and Boyd are very good at this level and I'm surprised Boyd didn't sign for the Prem tbh. Seems like Strachan has a lot of cash to spend, even though he's on a free I bet his wages are fairly hefty!

http://www.skysports...6244251,00.html

They have got to be favourites for the league this coming season. I'm not convinced my Strachan but this will be his first full season with his squad so gotta fancy them.

What a signing Boyd is at this level!

25k a week is huge money though, although a 2 year deal prob coincides with end of parachute payments i would presume??

Just goes to show that rather than being used to protect teams who go down against financial hardship, the parachute payments are instead used to continue to gamble on future success and maintain a huige competitive edge over the rest of the championship teams.

Boro should finish in the top two, there's definately not two better squads in the championship with newcastle and west brom now gone and boro have improved their squad from last season. Boyd isn't a gamble really for Boro as well as Steve Gibson, Boro's chairman is absolutely loaded. Remember he spent over £10m on Afonso Alves!! Boro also payed people like Viduka, Mendieta, Yakubu £50k+ a week and are still financially sound so £25k a week for Boyd wont trouble them financially at all.

:city: There are a lot of 'money' clubs in the championship that is clubs who have bigger spending power than City,we have to remember that we are punching above our weight and any season that we finish in the top half is a success.

I don't think we are punching above our wieght, our Chairman just runs our club how a football club should be run.

Considering he scored more scottish goals than Henrik Larsson, I think that is a massive buy for them.

(granted he played more seasons but majority of them were for kilmarnock)

Defo look out for them for up and coming season to do well.

From what I read about him most of those goals were against small clubs (lots of those in the Scottish prem) and he wasn't hugely rated at Rangers. £25k is well over the top.

Said it at end of last season that they were my favourites for promotion this year......loads of good ex spl players (macdonald, flood, and another ex celtic midfielder who i also think is very good) this signing is fantastic for them, i know its a weak league but think boyd could score quite a few in england as well

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6244251,00.html

i agree with this and i also think burnley will be too! i know laws isn't the best of managers but the signings he's made so far (e.g. wallace & iwelumo) have been top notch!

From what I read about him most of those goals were against small clubs (lots of those in the Scottish prem) and he wasn't hugely rated at Rangers. £25k is well over the top.

will all due respect to him, he can only score against the teams he plays against.

Larrson would have played against similar teams albeit a few years before.

will all due respect to him, he can only score against the teams he plays against.

Larrson would have played against similar teams albeit a few years before.

Not the point I was making. Think Tony Thorpe. Scored a lot but usually when the game was already won and the opponents demoralised and tired. Couldn't cut it against strong defences.

From the Rangers forum:

I was a Boyd fan when he was here, well to be honest I was a fan of his goals. His attitude was always questionable as was his work ethic and fitness overall

In a different league where goalscoring chances ara limited Kris Boyd will struggle.

Fitness-Poor

Attitude-Poor

Touch-Abysmal

By not addressing these aspects of his game indicated a lack of ambition on his part.

The guy is Rangers through and through and scores more than his share of goals.

IF he could just start hitting the net against the stronger opposition he will be a Rangers legend within the next couple of seasons.

Tony

Thorpe

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=155191&st=25

Crikey, they're not happy with him on there are they?

Particularly liked the quote that having him in the side is like having a goal start and then playing with 10 men for the rest of the match! A few of their fans seem to think that Boro are *****d next season with him and MacDonald up front. I hope they're right.

:whistle2:

Not the point I was making. Think Tony Thorpe. Scored a lot but usually when the game was already won and the opponents demoralised and tired. Couldn't cut it against strong defences.

From the Rangers forum:

Tony

Thorpe

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=155191&st=25

haha seems he will not be welcomed home with open arms should he wish to make the journey back over the border anytime soon

Kris Boyd is one of the most vile and hateful people to have ever played the game. He is so thick and so selfish it defies belief. Boro (and the only reason he is there is because it easy for him to nip back to Weegieland every so often) will hopefully fail miserably with him in the team. I wouldnt guarantee him bagging loads, his record in Scotland was impressive, but totally different league in the Championship you have to work for your goals, and Boyd is a fat waste to humanity.

The way he held his Country to ransom is an absolute disgrace.

I would guess like the last four or five seasons that any team in the championship could finish any where this season. Middlesborough have gambled with the spending but even with Boyd a proven SPL scorer I feel that will be no guarantee of promotion. Seen him play about 12 games and he did score but the marking was poor, he looked slow and I could have scored some of them. I feel he will struggle in the championship week in, week out and will find it far more competitive than the SPL. Twenty five grand a week is stupid money he will laugh all the way to the bank.

Archived