IGNORED

What Is Needed

TSG

In my opinion if city want to be around the play-offs we need at least 4 big name singings:

1. a goalkeeper - no offence to Deano but i think we could do better.

2. Left back - mcallister seems to have "lost it"

3. a winger - to bring more width in our play.

4. Striker - someone to suit nickys style of play.

What do you think?

In my opinion if city want to be around the play-offs we need at least 4 big name singings:

1. a goalkeeper - no offence to Deano but i think we could do better. - Coppell has already said that this is an area that needs strengthening and with only 2 Goalkeepers on our books I belive that this is probably a good assumption that we will be bringing one in :tongue: although it will have nothing to do with Deano not being up to the Job

2. Left back - mcallister seems to have "lost it" - As above...

3. a winger - to bring more width in our play - we have already brought in a winger (Albert Adomah if you havnt been paying attention :innocent06: ) but from Coppells interview I would suggest that left sided players (defensive and attacking) are also on the way as this is a noticable weakness in our squad

4. Striker - someone to suit nickys style of play. - No brainer :innocent06:

What do you think?

Don,t think McCalister has lost it. He has been Injured, played out of position and left exposed a few times by out of position team mates which is not losing it. We also need a tower of strength central defender as some of the other posters have said. Deano has also played some outstanding games for us and is as good as any keeper seen at the gate last season. As for the rest that is evident in as much as Mr Coppell has already stated this.

We also need a Commanding, No nonsense, Ball Winning Centre Half in the Shaun Taylor mould

I think this is the most important signing we have to make this summer. If we get this one right along with a bit of luck then we could break into the top 6.

1. a goalkeeper - no offence to Deano but i think we could do better.

2. Left back - mcallister seems to have "lost it"

3. a winger - to bring more width in our play.

4. Striker - someone to suit nickys style of play.

What do you think?

Agree in theory plus that ball winning centre half but that would mean an additional 5 new signings.

As mentioned in this thread, he has already stated publically the need for a goalkeeper and left sided player. It is clear, to me anyway, that with the loss of Mccombe and the ageing carey that we need that centreback. We are also quite "light" up front so a more "combative" forward would complete the set

The only issue appears to be Mr Coppels "a couple more" statement at the end of last week

I wouldn't read too much into a couple more, I think it's been said before and contradicted, I see it more of a statement of expectation management than anything else, highlighting the players you need and actually acquiring them are too entirely different things, coppells statement is remember aimed at a squad that finished 10th last season, maybe he knows how to get the best out of them without making wholesale changes let's see what the squad looks like come August 7th.

Agree in theory plus that ball winning centre half but that would mean an additional 5 new signings.

As mentioned in this thread, he has already stated publically the need for a goalkeeper and left sided player. It is clear, to me anyway, that with the loss of Mccombe and the ageing carey that we need that centreback. We are also quite "light" up front so a more "combative" forward would complete the set

The only issue appears to be Mr Coppels "a couple more" statement at the end of last week

i totaly agree but will lawnsdown approve because before the transfer window coppel said his target was cut the squad down to 23, im not sure how much we have now but if we do buy 4-5 new players that must mean some other players will have to leave.

Yea i do hope he's just playing it down with regards to signings because IMO to sustain a real push up the leauge I think we need 6 quality players. Agree with your 5 positions but i would also add a creative goalscoring central midfielder to the list. I don't see hartley being around and don't think Johnson or Williams are the men to take us forward, but going on coppells comments about the core of the squad and as you say "a couple more", I think it's going to be slowly slowly catch a monkey.

Does anyone think we should be going in for Pratley? I know florest fans think he is signing for them, but if SC is looking for 2 big powerful box to box players who better than Pratley with either Marv or Skuse in there? I believe the Florest fans think he will be signing for about 2m. Worth a cheeky bid surely?

I also think we need

GK

Ball winning CH

Cent Mid

ST to go with Nicky

Personally I would like to see:

Speroni/Westwood

Sonko/Shittu/Wes Morgan

Pratley

Keogh/Kitson/Emmanuel Thomas

I realise this is pie in the sky but would be awesome.

Does anyone think we should be going in for Pratley? I know florest fans think he is signing for them, but if SC is looking for 2 big powerful box to box players who better than Pratley with either Marv or Skuse in there? I believe the Florest fans think he will be signing for about 2m. Worth a cheeky bid surely?

Pratley would be an awesome signing. But I see Forest have agreed to sell Perch to Newcastle, so may be freeing up funds to get their man? I know Perch can play a few positions, but think (could be wrong!) he plays mainly CM for them?

Pratley would be an awesome signing. But I see Forest have agreed to sell Perch to Newcastle, so may be freeing up funds to get their man? I know Perch can play a few positions, but think (could be wrong!) he plays mainly CM for them?

Still think it's worth a cheeky bid. You never know we might get lucky. Says on SSN that Perch is a defender.

I think the current squad needs, in order of priority:

A top centre half

A left back

An experienced, reliable keeper

A left winger

An old fashioned (Brooker mould) centre forward - specifically not a giant target man.

Goalscoring/playmaking midfielder

I don't expect Steve Coppell to sign them all this summer though, he'll be rightly choosy about incoming players and it will take until the end of next summer to balance the squad out unless he's got some great foreigners/non leaguers lined up.

I'd also be moving on a few players that are still here who I don't think can help us challenge at the top to make room for these - Williams, Johnson and Sproule.

Obviously if any other players leave there'll need to be replacements, notably a creative midfielder and set piece taker becomes much more important if Hartley goes.

Archived