IGNORED

Cardiff Update

CotswoldRed

OK then, let's make the best of a bad job.

City have their new stadium plans set back.

Cardiff have a new stadium, but might not exist in 12 months time.

It'd be a trek, but how about Bristol City playing their home games in Cardiff, (well the Welsh rugby team play in red & white look you boyo). Also think of those poor Cardiff fans. Their own club folds and that new stadium is taken over by "that Bristol lot".

OK then, let's make the best of a bad job.

City have their new stadium plans set back.

Cardiff have a new stadium, but might not exist in 12 months time.

It'd be a trek, but how about Bristol City playing their home games in Cardiff, (well the Welsh rugby team play in red & white look you boyo). Also think of those poor Cardiff fans. Their own club folds and that new stadium is taken over by "that Bristol lot".

As I live between cardiff and swansea, that sounds a fabulous idea

Here we go..

CCHoldings.pdf

Thanks Tom.

Um. Gasp.

I 'm amazed the auditors let through a £25m revaluation of the stadium this year; I also note that their group loss substantially relies upon the sale of fixed assets (note 6, £7m and £6m the last couple of years) and you can only sell those once. Player sales or partial land disposals.

If you strip out the revaluation reserve their consolidated balance sheet looks awful:

Fixed Assets: £29m

Other assets: £4m

Total assets: £33m

Current liabilities: £37m

Long term liabilities: £33m

Total liabilities: £70m

Net liabilities: £37m

And those liabilities are increasing annually at a rate of knots:

Operating loss £11m

Interest payable £3m

Loss before players sales: £14m

They're bust. I can't see a way back from that, the Malaysian £6m is a drop in the ocean.

Thanks Tom.

Um. Gasp.

I 'm amazed the auditors let through a £25m revaluation of the stadium this year; I also note that their group loss substantially relies upon the sale of fixed assets (note 6, £7m and £6m the last couple of years) and you can only sell those once. Player sales or partial land disposals.

If you strip out the revaluation reserve their consolidated balance sheet looks awful:

Fixed Assets: £29m

Other assets: £4m

Total assets: £33m

Current liabilities: £37m

Long term liabilities: £33m

Total liabilities: £70m

Net liabilities: £37m

And those liabilities are increasing annually at a rate of knots:

Operating loss £11m

Interest payable £3m

Loss before players sales: £14m

They're bust. I can't see a way back from that, the Malaysian £6m is a drop in the ocean.

nice sum up Eddie. if that story of the malaysians walking away is a true one then they will have to have a fire sale of players even if someone steps into the breach. Having said that a creditor liquidation which needs 75% agreement will cost them a small fortune before they can get their hands on 10-20p in the £.. Hamman, indeed, as the largest creditor, as i understand it perhaps along with HMRC, holds the cards here. Question is.. does he have the stomach to step back in and take the club back? If he wants to try and claw back some of his cash he may have little choice.

Does anybody know how those figures compare with those of Bristol City? The Cardiff figures look frightening but how much better are City's?

Before I take too much joy in their demise I'd like to feel confident that we're a world away from that kind of trouble.

Archived