IGNORED

Lee Johnson

Leveller

I didn't want to say anything about him actually, but it's about time we discussed him again I think. Anyone?

On the other hand, did anyone else see Mumford & Sons at the John Peel stage at Glastonbury? My highlight of the fest.

I didn't want to say anything about him actually, but it's about time we discussed him again I think. Anyone?

On the other hand, did anyone else see Mumford & Sons at the John Peel stage at Glastonbury? My highlight of the fest.

Mumford were awesome. Band of the weekend.

I'd love to see him play a big part with Coppell, I can see SC getting the best out of little lee, especially if he allows him to play within his limitations rather than believing he is better than he really is.

should provide cover for our midfield this season and will hopefully have a good year

It will be nice to see him judged on his merits, rather then who he is related to.

He may even turn out to be a real star, he admitted how people getting on his back when he made a mistake put him off, which led to him making more mistakes. Now the pressure's off he can play his natural game.

I mentioned him in the gavin williams thread. would be great to see him be allowed to play a more advanced role (as he did in the newcastle game) where he plays a more attacking role as he is a good passer of the ball

Do you mean the West-Brom home game? or the Newcastle game at St James'?

Coppell nope.

Want to make a financial wager that he won't start against Millwall, say £500?

I'm not stupid! I don't think he will be playing the first game but I cant be sure as im not Steve Coppell and I cant believe that Coppell has made his mind up yet? I do however think he is going to play as many if not more games than he played in last season though because he is IMO a good mid table championship midfielder.

I'm not stupid! I don't think he will be playing the first game but I cant be sure as im not Steve Coppell and I cant believe that Coppell has made his mind up yet? I do however think he is going to play as many if not more games than he played in last season though because he is IMO a good mid table championship midfielder.

Lets just wait and see, as you say your not the manager and neither am I, I am going on something that I was told, which could be complete bollox or the truth, let's see what aug 7th brings.

To be honest I don't know how good a player LJ is. I leave that to those with a far greater knowledge of the game than me. However I really hope is has a really great season with us this coming campain just to stick it up those who have been on his case ever since he arrived.

Lets just wait and see, as you say your not the manager and neither am I, I am going on something that I was told, which could be complete bollox or the truth, let's see what aug 7th brings.

I agree it is just a matter of waiting to see, im a naturally curious person so if you want to let me know what you were told in a PM I would be interested to hear and I promise not to hold it against you if it is nonsense.

I'd love to see him play a big part with Coppell, I can see SC getting the best out of little lee, especially if he allows him to play within his limitations rather than believing he is better than he really is.

should provide cover for our midfield this season and will hopefully have a good year

Tea boy he is then!

It will be really interesting to see what happens in the centre of the midfield as our choices right now are Cisse Johnson Williams Hartley Skuse Elliott (perhaps even Clarkson depending on how we line up)..

When you are talking about a 22 man squad or there abouts its not to much of a stretch to think that we will be allowing players to leave.

Elliott and Skuse are worth real money and I would not be at all suprized if one of them (possibly both) is sold to a premier League Club to finance some rebuilding work at the back and another forward. I also get the impression that Hartley might be happier in Scotland and at the moment is hanging around just to see how the new regime shapes up

It also seems that we are constantly being linked with Kitson and I would suggest this is a likely target and as a former Coppell stalwart to be expected.

I personally think that Mr Coppell will try LJ and Cisse as a partnership in the middle in Sweden and take it from there, Hartley and Cisse looks ok to me on paper as long as Cisse has a good engine.

However I feel a new Centre Back is essential and at least one left pegger couple this with another forward (posibly as above) I expect to see a minimum of another three in and as many as five out by the start of the season

Exciting Times

Archived