IGNORED

Long Live Football!

bristolcitysweden

Dutch got what they deserved - NOTHING? Should and could have ended with 6 players? The likes of Gowy and Norman H. would have had a field day?

For once the referee was damned if he did and damned if he didnt? If he'd have referee'd it like a Premier League then the game would have probably had to be abandoned as the Dutch would not have had enough players to make a game?

Know wonder the Dutch Cup Final had to be played with no visiting fans? Their national team are like some of their supporters...................

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE

Right now this total circus has finished for another four years we can get on with MORE IMPORTANT THINGS ie BCFC - Thank God

That Final was a steaming pile of dog dung. I spend day after day proclaiming the virtues of football to my fellow Americans, only to have them tune in to that snorefest. At least the best team won, so there's that. But the Dutch looked like a prison-squad and Spain would have made Greg Louganis proud. On to The Championship, where proper football is played!

Dutch got what they deserved - NOTHING? Should and could have ended with 6 players? The likes of Gowy and Norman H. would have had a field day?

For once the referee was damned if he did and damned if he didnt? If he'd have referee'd it like a Premier League then the game would have probably had to be abandoned as the Dutch would not have had enough players to make a game?

Know wonder the Dutch Cup Final had to be played with no visiting fans? Their national team are like some of their supporters...................

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE

Right now this total circus has finished for another four years we can get on with MORE IMPORTANT THINGS ie BCFC - Thank God

Unfortunately there is a little matter of the rules of the game and if the Dutch ended the game with 6 players great, Ban then from the next world cup, I think right thinking football fans would applaud that.

Also unfortunately this world cup has allowed cheats and bad behaviour in general to become acceptable judging by some of the comments I have heard even from the puntits on TV.

To be honest if FIFA actually had the interest of football as one of core values, it would charge the Dutch FA with failing to control their players and bringing the game into disrepute and also charge Robben and Van Bommel individually and then take some form of sanctions against them for the world cup qualifiers for 2014.

and let us also not forget the behaviour of the Spanish players is also poor, Constant diving, feigning injury, questioning every decision and waving imaginary cards (which should be made a yellow card offence) i'm sorry to say the image of football after this world cup must be at an all time low.

Unfortunately there is a little matter of the rules of the game and if the Dutch ended the game with 6 players great, Ban then from the next world cup, I think right thinking football fans would applaud that.

Only one or two of the fouls for which yellows were issued could have been straight reds and they would have been harsh. There was a lot of unnecessary hyperbole on the telly about it. Van Bommell could have gone for two yellows and De Jong's boot being high could at a push be considered serious foul play.

Clearly the Dutch had an approach which was to play physically against Spain but it wasn't the blood bath the idiots commentating would have you believe. There was quite a bit of play acting on the other side.

Still, I'm glad the right team won.

Also unfortunately this world cup has allowed cheats and bad behaviour in general to become acceptable judging by some of the comments I have heard even from the puntits on TV.

I do tend to agree, I'd like to see some post match video evidence used to hand out long bans for play acting, arguing with the ref and diving in future.

I hugely hugely hugely dislike Sergio Biscuits, anyone hate the sly little git?

I just don't understand WTF his purpose is in that team?! It would be Fabregas for me 10 times out of 10! All Sergio does was foul and give the ball away (today anyway)!

I can only assume his purpose is to keep the Barca continuity in midfield..

If Cesc does head back to the Nou Camp rest assured you won't see Busquets in a Spain shirt for a LONG time.

Well deserved win though Espana,

how V.Bommell went through that competition with only 2 yellows is completely beyond me...? :dunno:

Archived