IGNORED

Caskey In For Hpool

leadman

Guest bristolbred
he will be on the bench, top pen taker and could be required
He's on the bench, because the weather will be warm, and Danny Wilson needs someone to make sure the players get a drink, so they don't dehydrate!!. :P

:ph34r::):huh::)

Only the bench! That's insulting! There's no better in Division Two when Caskey is on his game.
With all due respect he came to the club without match fitness, and it shows a bit. He came to a club with a settled squad and he's got to go out of his way to make it worth Danny's while to change the team and pick him.

He may have been able to walk into your team a few years ago, but he's not able to walk into ours at the moment. I'm sure his chance will come - I hope so because I'd like to see a fit, slim and match fit Caskey pulling on a City shirt in Division One next season.

But at the moment, his job is to provide cover if needed. Simple as that.

he will be on the bench, top pen taker and could be required
I have to say, I can see the logic in this.

If we're level, deep into extra time, I would much rather get Caskey on so he's available to take a penalty, than have to watch Tommy take one after he's run himself into the ground for 120 minutes.

Guest Royal4ever

http://www.royals.org/caskey.html

On his day, he reminds you of Maradona and Gazza. Caskey is quality, but unfortunately he's had a terrible time for about 4 years, suffering from depression and laziness. There are rumours that he has a drink problem but I think there probably false.

Guest Royal4ever

Actually I think Gazza at his best was a better player than Maradona, and that's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm not saying Caskey is as good as Maradona and Gazza, but he is that type of player, he is quality, wake up.

...Tins went to pieces against H'Pool when Tommy went off and despite having a cracking left foot, he is vastly overated.

I know everyone's entitled to their opinion, but how anyone can say Tinnion is overrated, let alone VASTLY overrated, is absolutely beyond me.

He may well be past his best, but the man lives and breathes Bristol City, has been a faithful and valuable servant to the club and is one of the best players we've ever had at the club - and still is.

He doesn't deserve throwaway comments like that.

:ph34r:

i know this is a caskey thread but can anyone tell me if Miller is involved in tonights squad ? cheers :cool:
We are hoping you could tell us! :D I hope he is. Maybe the players won't know for sure themselves yet who is playing, maybe Danny doesn't know. :whistle: I would expect a place on the bench for Lee, but then I expected that on Saturday...so what do I know. :dunno:

We are hoping you could tell us! :D I hope he is. Maybe the players won't know for sure themselves yet who is playing, maybe Danny doesn't know. :whistle: I would expect a place on the bench for Lee, but then I expected that on Saturday...so what do I know. :dunno:
Well i have tried to get a hold of him on the phone but its just ringing out, dont know whether he can answer his phone if he is still at training etc. :cool:

If i find out ill let you know, and likewise if anyone knows before me :D

Well i have tried to get a hold of him on the phone but its just ringing out, dont know whether he can answer his phone if he is still at training etc. :whistle:

If i find out ill let you know, and likewise if anyone knows before me :dunno:

As far as I am aware the squad will not be told the team, till it is read out in the Dressing room, as it was on Saturday.

Spoke to Lee this morning and his nerves sound better than mine.

Although he would be dissapointed not to play a part tonight, I feel he is resigned that the Managers decision will be in his opinion, what will be best for the Club , for this occasion.

I'm sure when we get through to the final , he will be celebrating with the rest of us.

Archived