IGNORED

John O'flynn

Glastonbury Red

Yeah I noticed this... Don't know what to make of it really, interesting one.

Interesting, but he is 27, and the highest level he seems to have played at is League 2.

Good recent goalscoring record at Barnet though.

I wouldn't be half as skeptical if he was 20 as I am knowing he's 27 - it's just that you'd expect him to have made it to a higher level already if he can.

However - if he's only been in England 2 years he may not have had the opportunity yet, he has a good record at the levels he's played at (suggesting he is capable of more), and Steve Coppell has a track record of finding diamonds in the rough.

He must be doing well if the club are taking him on tour and I guess there's little risk financially too.

Good luck to him, hope he does well.

With Maynard and Haynes not fit to travel we're very short of strikers on tour, so it makes some sense to have a longer look before deciding if he's worth offering a contract, but at 27 he's not a signing for the long term, so will have to prove to SC that he can make the step up straight away.

I wouldn't be half as skeptical if he was 20 as I am knowing he's 27 - it's just that you'd expect him to have made it to a higher level already if he can.

However - if he's only been in England 2 years he may not have had the opportunity yet, he has a good record at the levels he's played at (suggesting he is capable of more), and Steve Coppell has a track record of finding diamonds in the rough.

He must be doing well if the club are taking him on tour and I guess there's little risk financially too.

Same again.

I'm with Coppell on this one. Hope it turns out good for us.

Did Barnet offer him a contract?

Yes,

Barnet still hope to hang on to out-of-contract striker John O'Flynn, as talks continue over a new deal.

The former Peterborough Unitedspacer.gif man has impressed since joining the Bees in 2008, scoring 34 goals in just 77 appearances.

However, his stunning strike rate has not gone unnoticed, with a number of clubs, such as League Two rivals Port Vale,spacer.gif thought to be keen on luring him away from Underhill.

But new Bees manager Mark Stimsonspacer.gif told skysports.com that he still hopes to have him at his disposal next season.

He said: "We are still in talks with John O'Flynnspacer.gif to re-sign him, so he hasn't left us completely yet and I'm hoping to keep him on board.

"He has done extremely well since joining the club, so I'd love to have him here for next season."

Gillingham Keen on him aswell...

Did Barnet offer him a contract?

Yes- googled his name and also seen that Gillingham were interested in him earlier... well I don't see anything wrong with giving him a trail if impress give him a low ish salary ( compared to some mega bucks signing ) and then not working out but not loosing that much money. I tend to agree with being 27 do you wonder a little but much rather take these sorts of risks than LT. Also handy to have another striker for the sweden tour if others get injured and also think Copell said no players will be playing the full 90 until near the new season too?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6228101,00.html

charlie austin comes to mind

Archived