IGNORED

Starting Line Up

redpole

i know this is a friedly but this is embarresing :grr:

Not really - It will do us a lot of good. Coppell now knows where our weaknesses are and what needs to be done.

Better to take a tanking from decent opposition (and learn from it) than having easy games against inferior opposition.

SC probably learnt more from this drubbing than he would have done had we won 0-1.

So, for me, it was a very worthwhile exercise and the result is irrelevant because of his learning curve.

Agreed. He's now learnt that our defence is shocking at times (or most of the time) and that we need a ball winning, old fashioned centre half. Oh and someone who can score goals.....(besides Maynard)

It's NOT a weak side you are playing, you understand that don't you? They beat Galatasaray and Inter a couple of years ago and have lost 1 match out of 14 this season.

Don't remember me that match... :surrender::bored: it was 10 years ago.. Helsingborg was a good team but that Inter wasn't strong enough (and Lippi made bad choices..) ,especially in Europe... but I don't know how good Helsingborg is now.

Anyway they're the 1st team in the table in Sweden,so it is not so bad to lose against them...even because it was only the second match for BC

Hello lads.

I just got back home from the game and wanted to extend my thanks to the BCFC supporters I met during the day, great guys!

HIF controlled the game during the first half and played wonderful football, which I was surprised to see as this season has been more about collective defending and not so attack oriented. The second half was a bit slower as you would expect from a friendly game with many substitutions. I did see some potential in your side but Steve Coppel has his work cut out for him regarding the defence. I'm afraid I don't know his name but number 5 didn't have his best game today, he looked VERY awkward and it affected the entire defending effort.

I see one of my most treasured football moments was discussed here; HIF - Inter. Currently we have three players in our squad that played in those games and two more players that helped us secure the title the year before so we do have a strong side even though Henrik Larsson retired last season.

I wish you all the best for the upcoming season! Hope to see you on TV here soon! :)

Hello lads.

I just got back home from the game and wanted to extend my thanks to the BCFC supporters I met during the day, great guys!

HIF controlled the game during the first half and played wonderful football, which I was surprised to see as this season has been more about collective defending and not so attack oriented. The second half was a bit slower as you would expect from a friendly game with many substitutions. I did see some potential in your side but Steve Coppel has his work cut out for him regarding the defence. I'm afraid I don't know his name but number 5 didn't have his best game today, he looked VERY awkward and it affected the entire defending effort.

I see one of my most treasured football moments was discussed here; HIF - Inter. Currently we have three players in our squad that played in those games and two more players that helped us secure the title the year before so we do have a strong side even though Henrik Larsson retired last season.

I wish you all the best for the upcoming season! Hope to see you on TV here soon! :)

that would be Cisse i think... new signing and usually a defensive midfielder so hopefully wont play centre back next season if we bring in some new players

Hello lads.

Interesting remarks and appreciated. Hopefully we will have made many friends in Sweden come the end of the tour and a few more Swedes will be following us as their second team!

that would be Cisse i think... new signing and usually a defensive midfielder so hopefully wont play centre back next season if we bring in some new players

Given that Cisse has started both friendlies in Sweden at centre-half, i would suspect that he's been brought in primarily as a defender :w00t:

Not gonna judge the chap on the highlights of a couple of friendly games though, so i have faith he'll improve

Given that Cisse has started both friendlies in Sweden at centre-half, i would suspect that he's been brought in primarily as a defender :w00t:

Not gonna judge the chap on the highlights of a couple of friendly games though, so i have faith he'll improve

or because Nyatanga and Fontaine are the only recognised centre backs on the tour... and he wants to rotate them

Archived