IGNORED

Ashton Gate

TSG

:disapointed2se: cheers not the ateyo then?

I think the view from the Ateyo is worse than the east end personally, as im tall it might make a difference?

Block D or E from the dolman, i would say 3/4's of the way up has the best view.

As someone else said, Block E of the williams, or the bit below might have a bit of atmosphere as its millwall.

In my order it would be

East end

Dolman

Williams

Ateyo.

i sat in the williams block G last season right in the front its quite good if you just want to watch the game and you also get hear milly shouting. The funny bit is normall when GJ used shout "get on the ball"! I swear the players used literally want to tell to **** off by the way they look at him :flex:

Its a well known fact that the Williams Stand at Ashton Gate is only 2nd to The Kop at Anfield on a European night.

The William's is a riot.

Bring along one of those vuvuzelas, they love all that.

Be sure to have the ambulance services on standby for a lot of heart attacks. Most of the old boys in the Williams have been asleep since 1985.

Was forced as a kid to sit in the Williams :laugh:, just mind those posts but also stood behind the goal in what is now the east end. Never been near the Atyeo, currently in the Dolman and love it - even with the moaning sod behind and the miserable sod in front of me haha :-)

Was forced as a kid to sit in the Williams :laugh:, just mind those posts but also stood behind the goal in what is now the east end. Never been near the Atyeo, currently in the Dolman and love it - even with the moaning sod behind and the miserable sod in front of me haha :-)

It's all right. I've moved seats this year.

concerning the dolman love-in, one thing to be aware of is that as the sun sets, it makes it almost impossible to see depending on how high up the stand you are. late summer should be ok, but in spring and autumn this can lead to quite a lot of difficulty seeing.

honestly if you just wanna sit and enjoy the game, go in the middle of the williams and accept that you'll be surrounded by kids and families, along with the occasional moaners who enjoy sitting close to the dug-out. my personal favourite memory of the williams is hearing ex-winger aaron brown turn around and tell a group of kids to "**** off" after they encouraged him to get stuck in. a testament to the attitude of the modern footballer, truly.

if you want atmosphere, follow the advice of the others

concerning the dolman love-in, one thing to be aware of is that as the sun sets, it makes it almost impossible to see depending on how high up the stand you are.

True - but easily solved with shades if the sun is out. The Dolman has the best view, the real downer is the ten minutes it takes to get out at the end of the game.

East End for atmosphere. Wouldn't bother with the others personally, the Williams has less space between seat rows so if you're over 6 ft it's a chore and the Atyeo has a poor view being an end stand and doesn't benefit from any more atmosphere than the Dolman.

Archived