IGNORED

If The Season Started Tomorrow..........

Whites

Use the squad we have now including trialist's or those who might be leaving Ashton Gate.

Mine would be

4-4-2

GK: Henderson

LB: McAllister

RB: Ribiero

CB: Fontaine

CB: Carey

LM: Adomah

RM: Campbell-Ryce

CM: Skuse ©

CM: Elliott

CF: Maynard

CF: Clarkson

SUBS:

Gerken

Nyatanga

Orr

Cisse

Williams

Akinde

Haynes

Would be tempted to play 3-5-2 but would probably stick with the above with Prince Albert and JCR hugging the touchline.

Would Give Cole the armband as i think it would add even more to his game and IMO Carey would still be that leader figure needed in the back four.

I really think Clarkson will do well if given the chance, plus i think Maynard would play of him really well.

Nice balance on the bench withTangs Orr and Cisse there along with impact subs such as Gav, Big John and Danny Haynes who could come on and offer width, which is where i think he is more of a threat.

And before you all jump on the fact LJ is not there, i am a fan of his but think Gav has more to offer from the bench.

and Yes, it is a Sunday and i am Bored!!!

Cheers,

Whites.

I'd go something like this:

Hendo

Orr (as ribs is injured and not sure for how long)-----Carey-------Fonts------Macca

------------Skuse-----------Elliott--------Cisse----

---Admoah--------Maynard-------Haynes---

4-3-3

Looks defensivly sound IMO and very quick going forward. Skuse and Elliott could easily push on in turns when going forward.

Funny, wouldn't have thought i'd go like that.

I think it's pretty inevitable we'll start the season playing Coppell's preferred formation 4-4-2. The good thing about our current squad is we have the flexibility to turn into a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 fairly easily and i'd expect that to happen both at the start of some games and change during games. I expect us to line up something like the following against Millwall;

------------------------------------------------------------Gerken----------------------------------------------------------------------

--------Orr-----------------------------------Carey-------------------Fontaine---------------------------------McAllister--------

-----------------------------------------------Skuse---------------------Elliott--------------------------------------------------------

Adomah-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Campbell-Ryce

---------------------------------------------Clarkson-----------------Maynard-------------------------------------------------------

Subs; Henderson, Nyatanga, Cisse, Williams, Sproule, Haynes, Akinde

Not in squad; Edwards, Ribeiro, Wilson, Ball, Johnson, Lennox, Jackson

Obviously there will be movement, hopefully more incomings, with a centre back, left sided player and a striker the most important in my opinion. Also wouldn't surprise me to see Orr depart unfortunately, so a replacement would be required if that happens.

I think I stick gerken in goal Maynard up front and have the rest doing a sort of circular formation , I call it the Christmas pudding formation and I'd stick skuse in there as the sixpence !

Just realised i left O'Flynn out. I would have him on the bench probably in place of Orr or Cisse.

Hendo

Orr (as ribs is injured and not sure for how long)-----Carey-------Fonts------Macca

4-3-3

Looks defensivly sound IMO and very quick going forward. Skuse and Elliott could easily push on in turns when going forward.

Gotta be honest, i do like the look of that!!!

to be honest if the season started tomorrow, we would be ****ed,

team not good enough by a mile.....

not good enough for what exactly? Have the club said we're looking for promotion? have i missed something?

Surely coppel gets a year to build his team and we go full throttle next year.

The team that's finished in the top 10 for the past 3 seasons, managing that last season despite having to sack and replace a manager isn't good enough by a mile?

The current team won't win the league but it ought to be reasonably competitive.

I'd go for this (4-2-3-1):

GK: Gerken

RB: Orr

CB: Carey

CB: Fontaine

LB: McAllister

DM: Cisse

DM: Skuse

AM: Adomah

AM: Johnson

AM: Williams

CF: Maynard

not good enough for what exactly? Have the club said we're looking for promotion? have i missed something?

Surely coppel gets a year to build his team and we go full throttle next year.

no point giving coppell the job and standing still, just aswell kept millen in charge,

for me the current squad signals relegation,

miles away from a decent team in my oppinion.

we need 3 -4 better quality player for a top 6 finish.

no point giving coppell the job and standing still, just aswell kept millen in charge,

miles away from a decent team in my oppinion.

are you robbored in disguise?!

depressing reading everyone of your posts!

Tomorrow if everyone's fit i think it would be

Gerken

Orr Carey Fontaine McAllister

Adomah Skuse Elliott Campbell-Ryce

Maynard Haynes

Bench: Henderson Cisse Nyatanga Johnson Sproule Clarkson Akinde

It looks really uninspiring to me. Ho hum.

Gerken

Riberio Fontaine Carey McAllister

Skuse Cisse

Adomah Williams JCR

Maynard

Bench: Henderson, Orr, Nyantagna, Sproule, Elliot, Clarkson, Akinde/O'Flynn

similar to the Germany wc formation with Williams playing that Ozil role in the hole. Very much doubt it would ever happen but would be my formation of choice. I opted for Cisse instead of Elliot simply as I haven't seen him play yet and fancy a change from our regular midfield!! Clarkson could fill the Williams role if he came on, or just push on as an additional striker.

miles away from a decent team in my opinion.

Surely the logic of this argument is that the 3/4 we need must be the likes of Tevez and Messi?

Otherwise how do "3 or 4" players turn a relegation side into a top six one?

I do agree we need at least 3 more players, by the way.

Surely the logic of this argument is that the 3/4 we need must be the likes of Tevez and Messi?

Otherwise how do "3 or 4" players turn a relegation side into a top six one?

I do agree we need at least 3 more players, by the way.

The Helsingborg players are approximately on 1/3 to 1/4 of the sallary of our players.

Id go for something like this :

---------------------Hendo---------------------- Subs: Gerks Cisse Edwards WIlliams LJ Haynes JCR

Orr-------Fonts-----------Carey------Macca

--------Skuse©-----------Elliott-------------

Adomah------------------------------Sproule

------------Clarkson---------------------------

-------------------------Maynard---------------

or

---------------------Hendo---------------------- Subs Gerks Carey Edwards LJ Clarkson Haynes Sproule

Orr-------Fonts-----------Cisse------Macca

--------Skuse©-----------Elliott-------------

Adomah--------Williams---------------JCR

-------------------Maynard---------------------

are you robbored in disguise?!

depressing reading everyone of your posts!

Sorry james.

But I do not wear rose coloured specks,

I am a realist, we are miles away from a good side, If a new stadium & prem are to realsised then we need to stop patting ourselves on the back just for being in the ccc,

We have brought in a good manager who's teams play the type of football we like, we now need to give him the tools to do the job and the current squad is 3 - 4 quality players short of a good side,

we do have the basics but we need keys players to improve this current squad, we have 5 players at least who could be moved on to make way for better players.

Hendo

4-3-3

[/quote

If this is meant to be a team for starting tomorrow, can't see how Carey, Maynard or Haynes make the team. All are currently injured and as such have not featured in any of the preseason games.

But the stats don't bear that out do they. We have done better than anticipated over the last three seasons, and our post-Johnson form was excellent. So at the very least the squad should be good enough to push for a top 10.

I imagine SC will be a more successful manager than GJ in the long run, so give the bloke a couple of seasons. He knows exactly what he is doing and without wanting to be personal with you, you do not.

So in the words of my kids - chillax.

Well as my kids would say...............DREAM ON!

3-4-3 ??

-------------Gerken-----------

----Nytanga---Fonts---Carey----

------------Skuse----------

--------Elliot---Cisse---JCR-----

Haynes---Maynard---Adomah

Subs: Ribs, Akinde, LJ, Clarkson, Orr, Hendo

A bit wild yes, but wouldnt mind this being tested against Blackpool in warm up game maybe ? Our defence may be left open but our attack would be quick and snappy ??

If we end up getting beat 4-0 scrap it and go back to normal :laugh: Is only a friendly, a time to test things out ?

This formation works for me on FIFA 10 anyway :P

I swear terjon your only on here to get a rise out of any thing posted on here by posting completely the opposite of what anyone else posts !

If you honestly believe half the things you post I think you need a reality check !

OK, just to please you,

We don't need any new signings,

Coppell is god and we will win the league by 10 points,

Every player we have is amazing the best in this league by a country mile,

ORR the best passer of the ball i have ever seen,

Sproule the best winger in the league,

Maccalister best left back in the league,

carey has another 5 years left, we do not need to sign anyone. the trialist from barnett will answer all our problems,

we are BCFC amazing team,

Prem here we come...........

is that better............

OK, just to please you,

We don't need any new signings,

Coppell is god and we will win the league by 10 points,

Every player we have is amazing the best in this league by a country mile,

ORR the best passer of the ball i have ever seen,

Sproule the best winger in the league,

Maccalister best left back in the league,

carey has another 5 years left, we do not need to sign anyone. the trialist from barnett will answer all our problems,

we are BCFC amazing team,

Prem here we come...........

is that better............

I think we're all aware that we need new signings, but your constantly coming out with babble.

You won't be happy unless we have instant success, but this is football, and success takes time.

We don't have an unlimited amount of money to splash on big signings, we also have a new manager who will look to implement his style of play on a bunch of 30 odd lads.

They will need time to adjust.

This is a season to get our feet on the ground and a base in which to proceed from.

I for one will not be unhappy if we don't make the play offs this year.

I love bristol city, and i'm very excited for the next few seasons of coppell football.

Unfortunately,

I'm sure your the sort of nause who will be posting coppell out posts when we don't get top 6 at the end of the season.

Archived