IGNORED

Jay Tabb

Coach

Bristol City manager Steve Coppell is considering going back to former club Reading with a move for 26-year-old midfielder Jay Tabb. However, it may take a bid of around £1 million to prise away the former Coventry player.

Hmmm, I'm not really his greatest fan ... and do we need another central midfielder? Not impressed and certainly not for a mill.

http://www.betfairfootball.com/the-championship/leeds-united/leeds-united-preparing-500k-bid-for-striker/

Bristol City manager Steve Coppell is considering going back to former club Reading with a move for 26-year-old midfielder Jay Tabb. However, it may take a bid of around £1 million to prise away the former Coventry player.

Hmmm, I'm not really his greatest fan ... and do we need another central midfielder? Not impressed and certainly not for a mill.

http://www.betfairfo...id-for-striker/

why arent you his greatest fan? thought he was great in the middle

Im sure I remember him doing a stint on the wing at brentford with alex rhodes on the other side - I guess i'm mistaken as there's no mention of him playing out wide

I don't think you are.

I am sure he played wide left at some point in his time there and at Coventry too, unless I'm mistaken.

Guest Ciderman10

http://www.betfairfootball.com/the-championship/leeds-united/leeds-united-preparing-500k-bid-for-striker/

How can you not rate tabb? when he left coventry he was one of there best players, and hes not a hero amongst the reading fans having played very well all last season!

This would be a great signing but i cant see it happening, we can hope i supose!

Does seem to fit with Hartley off, but then they are not really the same sort of player are they?

Lita to Leeds for £500,000 :noexp:

Does seem to fit with the fact they have lost there other bad attitude forward. Almost a direct replacement but the league above.

Strange you should bring up the issue of his height, and the height of Lee Johnson.

Did anyone else notice in the pics from the final days training in Sweden little Lee in the group pics with the schoolboys....check out his feet, he is actually standing on tip toe.

Amazing.

A good player, but the height issue is relevant. We could end up with Johnson (5' 6") Campbell Ryce (5' 7") and Tabb (5' 7"). Can we afford that many small midfielders?

Okaaaay, but that's assuming that Skuse, Elliot and Cisse never play! They're all over 6ft.

I will be mightily suprised and delighted in equal measure if we sign Tabb as he is a quality player. I've rated him as a winger but my Reading mate says he's been class in centre last season.

If he's as good down the wing as he is in the middle, he will be an excellent signing. yes.gif

He was next to useless out wide if used as an out and out winger, but in the middle he is a cracking little player. The lcosest description I could suggest is Andy Hessenthaler (and not just due to the size).

I would be surprised and dissapointed if we sold him, especially for £1m, but I think we will reject any approaches unless the offer is one of those that is too good to turn down.

Yeah, Spain have got a load of short midfielders and they're rubbish aren't they?

I imagine Coppello - as his former manager - is in a pretty good position to judge whether he is any good or not.

Yeah, Spain have got a load of short midfielders and they're rubbish aren't they?

I imagine Coppello - as his former manager - is in a pretty good position to judge whether he is any good or not.

Trevor Brooking said recently that English clubs were telling youngsters that unless they were 6 foot they could forget it. More evidence if needed how backward the English game is. The obsession with physique over technique had bedevilled the game here since Victorian times. Xavi, Iniesta and Messi wouldn't have got a scholarship here.

Trevor Brooking said recently that English clubs were telling youngsters that unless they were 6 foot they could forget it. More evidence if needed how backward the English game is. The obsession with physique over technique had bedevilled the game here since Victorian times. Xavi, Iniesta and Messi wouldn't have got a scholarship here.

God, this is depressing! I sometimes can't believe the state our game is in and it seems to me to be getting worse.

Brooking is a man I admire and he clearly knows what needs to be done, but he seems quite unable to set any really meaningful change in motion, which I suppose is unsurprising given that the FA is a totally dysfunctional and toothless organisation and that all the real clout rests with the PL.

Please tell me you can see a silver lining somewhere, because I can't for the life of me see much hope if this is the level of sophistication of the people coaching the nation's best youngsters.

Archived