IGNORED

Tom Williams (merged)

BCFC_Dan

Jeez we are beginning to look a bit desperate, If GJ don't rate him why would we?

Sadly I get the same feeling, we've left things a bit late IMO.

We all know that most transfers take time and have been planned for a month or so before they go through.

BCAGFC

30 year old left back Tom Williams is on trial at City according to the official site.

He was released by Peterborough earlier in the Summer so it seems we're picking up Gary Johnson's cast-offs. Let's hope he can add something.

The guy asked if he could come and we are short with cover on left hand side. Similar situation as for O'Flynn I reckon.

'Tom has asked to come on board.....' - so we've not invited him here? All sounds a little odd to me, can't think of a reason why he would know Coppell that well from his career, and if we've not invited him then I guess it's the same as O'Flynn, a little short on bodies, so no harm in him being here for a bit.

Not the answer though. Didn't he get sent off at AG once and nearly spark a mini riot with his reaction as he made his way back to the changing rooms? May have him muddled up......

**Tommy beat me to it!**

Maybe it is more a case that we're struggling to add the couple of left sided players that we clearly lack?

Not sure it is any different from signing Gary Sawyer.

Bit of a worry, to be honest. He may turn out to be a useful one season signing but this smacks of us failing to get who we really want and being slow off the mark in strengthening in an area that we've all known we're weak in for ages.....

Blimy a Gary Johnson reject!!! :D

Well I've read often enough that people had little faith in him spotting a good player so here's to hoping so anyway!

As always a clean slate should be offered to any potential signing, unless Kitson is involved as he's forgiven anything anyway!

Isnt he the scum who tried to break Orr in two then pretend to be injured?

For Swansea years ago?

Desperado comes to mind here.

I know copple wants to save the Penny's but a peterborough cast off what is going on.

we need quality not quantity to improve the team,we don't need more midfielders or rejects,we need improvement to take us to the next level.

some views when i asked on another forum:

Agreed, avoid at all costs. Decent going forward and puts a good cross in but nowhere near good enough defensively for the Championship. And he never takes responsibility for his mistakes, he's always shouting at teammates trying to pass the blame on. And he seems to fall out with people wherever he goes hence why he's had about ten different clubs so far. All in all he's a flash **** who's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, how he's been getting trials at Championship clubs this summer is beyond me. The only Posh player I've ever actually hated.

made a mistake against Swindon in the FA Cup when he played for us, and never played again after that. Rumours were that he got bollocked by Paul Lambert and then gave some back, refusing to take the blame.

Cracking player going forward, but a horrible player to work with I bet.

he may as well not be a defender spent half his time up top leaving massive gaps when he was at us.

hmm...!

I do feel that because everything has been left late this season (although it shouldn't have been IMO) we will struggle to get any decent players and will have to make do with 2nd rate players.

I am not expecting 'stars' but Championship level players must be the norm if they are older, players like Adamoh & Akinde are worth a gamble at their age.

We have finished mid-table in the championship for the last 2 seasons, we should be able to attract better players, especially with the wages we pay.

BCAGFC

I wouldn't panic over this people. The way i see it is a bit like the O'Flynn situation. He's probably been training with us and with just one LB on the books SC doesn't want McAllister playing every minute of every game in pre season. So let him join in for a few games to give JM a chance to build fitness and if he has a blinder then all's good we sign him or if not he keeps his fitness up and keeps himself in the shop window for someone else.

I don't think O'Flynn would have been anywhere near that plane if Nicky and Danny were fit. Possibly the same could be said for Cisse's apperance at the back in Sweden, with Louis, Ribs and Wilson out don't make Fonts and Tangs play every minute - mix it up a bit and have a look at Cisse at CB while we're at it!

I'm sure this isn't SC's answer to our LB problems, hopefully it's just a stop gap untill the Bertrand deal can be done :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Is quite funny can never win over the fans.... playing a few trailiasts got nothing to loose can always cut them loose and Copell said on trialists before or maybe it was loan players that only risk is they play out of their skins for a contract to what they normally play but Copell is no fool. If it provides cover for Mcallsiter and can't get any decent LB's much rather this than waste transfer money on buying a player and not being able to oust Mcallister(who I think in a 4-4-2 will play alot better). I remember last season we had Fontatine LB and Nytanga as much as i want him to do well isn't as good as fonts and it showed.

SURELY SURELY SURELY we can do better than this??? Just look at the PFA site on players who have been released and looking for new clubs? So Tom "asked us" if he could join us???? Does that mean that if a certain Osama Bin Laden who (allegedly) is playing for Karbul 3rds gives the club a ring he will get a "Come on down!!!!!!"

If Williams had gone on trial at Horfield I would have had a small smile and probably thought with his track record he will probably struggle to earn a contract with that shower of farm field brown stuff, but us.......................

Is this really the sort of signing to boost your confidence in the lots of money most of us have already shelled out - NO.

In Coppello we trust but please lets be realistic.

If he cant cut the mustard for Gabby then I really cannot see it happening here.

WASTE OF A BUM SEAT ON THE COACH TO ANTHEA REDFEARN LAND - Should have taken a fan with their boots instead.

Anyway im off to ring 0871 222 6666 to see if I can "join them?"

If Tom can then I must have a chance!!!!!

crying.gif

Way Way back in the mid 1960's, There was a guy called Tony Book who had played at Bath City for 8 years and almost 400 games, in 1964 the Bath City manager was one Malcolm Allison, When Allison took over at Plymouth he took Tony Book with him at the age of 30 (Books first attempt at pro football), in 1966 when Allison took over at Man City he took Tony Book with him now aged 32 and Book lasted 8 seasons and 250 games in the top flight and in so doing captained Man City to a league title, an FA cup final win, a league cup final win and a european cup winners final win in fact the most successful period of Man City's history and for good measure he even won the footballer of the year once as well.

i'm not saying that in this case or the 2 of other Coppell signings will end up like this, But you never know and i'm sure in 1964 a lot of Plymouth fans could'nt believe the logic of signing a 30 year old non league footballer and I am damn sure that most Man City fans in 1966 signing a 32 year old with only 2 seasons league experience to a team of that size was greeted with very little enthusiasm.

I dread to think what Terjon will say about this one and he will be right.

I must be totally honest, I am absolutely ******* lost for words...............:disapointed2se:

uuuummm..........bring back the bloody little fat bloke,....................

Ok............4 words i have come up with,

Barrel, The, Scrapping, *******,

Can the last person to leave BCFC please turn out the light.......:disapointed2se:

I must be totally honest, I am absolutely ******* lost for words...............:disapointed2se:

uuuummm..........bring back the bloody little fat bloke,....................

Ok............4 words i have come up with,

Barrel, The, Scrapping, *******,

Can the last person to leave BCFC please turn out the light.......:disapointed2se:

We could have had an experienced player like Franck Queudrue on trial rather than Tom Williams.

Let's hope it is just to make up the numbers during pre-season as has been said.

IMO, Gary Sawyer would have been a far better option than this.

BCAGFC

Archived