IGNORED

Tom Williams (merged)

BCFC_Dan

Tony Book was a committed, loyal player who didn't cause any problems, Tom Williams is exactly the opposite.

BCAGFC

Your missing the point, The point being what do think the reaction would be if Coppell signed a 30 year old non league player who had never played at a higher level.

and of course the Plymouth and Man City fans knew that he was committed and loyal when they signed him.

I think Sawyer had more potential, than this bloke. Why didn't we give him pre-season, if we are looking at players of this calibre?

because he was offered a deal at Rovers and took that. If Williams gets offered a deal by another club this week I'd expect him to go. Wouldnt you?

We could have had an experienced player like Franck Queudrue on trial rather than Tom Williams.

Let's hope it is just to make up the numbers during pre-season as has been said.

IMO, Gary Sawyer would have been a far better option than this.

BCAGFC

Didn't I read somewhere that he is on trial at Peterboro......?

was on trial with Sheffield United earlier this month and they didnt decide to offer him a deal

im open minded but every comment about him seems to say he has a bad attitude!

Beware, the guy is trouble with a big T. Was with us a few years ago and thought he was the bees knees. His attitude stank and he decided he was too good for us despite not getting in the side so was shown the door. Been to a few clubs since but never stays anywhere very long which says it all really.

Ahem!

I wouldn't panic over this people. The way i see it is a bit like the O'Flynn situation. He's probably been training with us and with just one LB on the books SC doesn't want McAllister playing every minute of every game in pre season. So let him join in for a few games to give JM a chance to build fitness and if he has a blinder then all's good we sign him or if not he keeps his fitness up and keeps himself in the shop window for someone else.

I don't think O'Flynn would have been anywhere near that plane if Nicky and Danny were fit. Possibly the same could be said for Cisse's apperance at the back in Sweden, with Louis, Ribs and Wilson out don't make Fonts and Tangs play every minute - mix it up a bit and have a look at Cisse at CB while we're at it!

I'm sure this isn't SC's answer to our LB problems, hopefully it's just a stop gap untill the Bertrand deal can be done :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

But then again, why let common sense get in the way of a good moan eh? :fastasleep:

This guy is meant to be pretty tosh isnt he

hopefully its just an Oflynn style situation, we dont weant to burn mcallister out preseason so we have brought him on board to give him a rest while we nail down Bertrand.

Optimistic i know but Bertrand would be an awesome signing

cant see what this guy will bring to the party other than some eye candy for the dolman box :laugh:

Some of the comments in this thread are laughable. If you read the article, it says Williams has asked to come and train with us and with McAllister the only senior left back at the club, it makes sense to have a look at him in a couple of games.

McAllister cannot play every single minute of pre-season.

Some posters really look at signing's in the same way as they look at designer labels. He's at Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal or perhaps even Ajax (if only we could have signed that Ajax player who was brilliant the only time we ever saw him play). it'll sound better on the forums saying he is from one of the designer clubs and not Barnet, Reading or Peterborough, After all every time in our recent history that we signed 'a so called name' it has worked like a dream.

I don't totally know the in's n outs , but I'm sure if Sawyer had been given the chance of pre-season with us to impress us. He would have jumped at it.

a firm contract offer on the table against a trial that will probably come to nothing? I know which I'd take.

Well, this has gone down well!

Seriously people need to chill out. He asked to come on board himself and I would imagine its barely even a trial!

You can be 99.9% certain he wont sign, just a bit of fitness for him with a (very) outside chance of a contract.

As mentioned, Jamie Mac cant play every minute of pre season at 32 years of age.

And those questioning Coppell, get a grip. He knows football 100x better than any wannabe managers on here and he knows the teams weaknesses.

Have a little faith!

I am going to wait until 2359 on July 31st... i think thats when the window closes.. and then i reserve the right to let rip.

Until then i have faith in our new manager to do the right thing and bring some nice tasty players in; maybe this guy is just down on his uppers and we are doing him a favour. Not sure why, but who cares, they know what they are doing.

I am going to wait until 2359 on July 31st... i think thats when the window closes.. and then i reserve the right to let rip.

Until then i have faith in our new manager to do the right thing and bring some nice tasty players in; maybe this guy is just down on his uppers and we are doing him a favour. Not sure why, but who cares, they know what they are doing.

August the 31st mate

Archived