IGNORED

Aldershot Match Thread

eric04

I'll start worrying if our first few league games throw up equally bad results. I am not too worried about friendlies.. hell do you remember when Tinnion was first in charge we won nearly all of them at a canter.. and then look what happened!

Spot on. I never get too worries by pre-season results, I'm more interested in getting through it unscathed, and there lies my biggest worry atm as we have a fair few knocks...

well it's not like there have been hundreds of signings by other clubs so far. I don't think we should be panicking just yet

No, its perfectly sensible for people to react in a hysterical fashion, all the players will be gone to other clubs and we wont have any and and we'll be relegated before the season starts and we're all gonna die an'that etc................................

I suspect that may be optimistic given the number of trialists and that the most exciting player we have been realistically linked with is Stead. SC's remarks read to me as "Oh shit we've it left it too late and gambled on no injuries. Now what?". Hoping to be proved wrong. :sign09:

For you to say that really worries me as I have respect for most of your comments.

TBH, if SC was going to leave things this late then he should have left Millen in charge of recruitment this summer, after all he could have always had the last say on things.

Now we are chasing shaddows again as we were after the Play Off Final defeat.

As you say, I hope we are wrong................................but I doubt it.

BCAGFC

I'll start worrying if our first few league games throw up equally bad results. I am not too worried about friendlies.. hell do you remember when Tinnion was first in charge we won nearly all of them at a canter.. and then look what happened!

The only result that really matters is the Milwall game in 2 weeks time but our players must be rock bottom on confidence atm, getting stuffed by average League 2 sides, watching established players leave for higher wages and even potential trialists knocking us back.

We have played 5 pre-season games now, so we should be getting near full fitness (barring injuries) and the only win was against a swedish amateur side.

Our pre-season planning has extremely poor and should have been sorted by the club if SC knew he wouldn't be around to plan it properly.

As all managers say, confidence is vital in professional football.

BCAGFC

The only result that really matters is the Milwall game in 2 weeks time but our players must be rock bottom on confidence atm, getting stuffed by average League 2 sides, watching established players leave for higher wages and even potential trialists knocking us back.

We have played 5 pre-season games now, so we should be getting near full fitness (barring injuries) and the only win was against a swedish amateur side.

Our pre-season planning has extremely poor and should have been sorted by the club if SC knew he wouldn't be around to plan it properly.

As all managers say, confidence is vital in professional football.

BCAGFC

Take a chill pill man. Lets just see how the season unfolds. Very early days yet.

I have to admit I am suprised by the lack of signings, so far - SC has a reputation for unearthing 'hidden gems', who by definition will not be players anyone else is chasing - that should mean they can be signed at a time of our choosing, not theirs.

That said, Ipswich had a shocking season last time out, finishing 15th, and despite having a chairman who is loaded and Keano in the hot seat have so far signed precisely one player (and not a big name at that).

The next two weeks will be critical - I will be very surprised if we don't sign three-four players during that period.:fingerscrossed:

I have to admit I am suprised by the lack of signings, so far - SC has a reputation for unearthing 'hidden gems', who by definition will not be players anyone else is chasing - that should mean they can be signed at a time of our choosing, not theirs.

That said, Ipswich had a shocking season last time out, finishing 15th, and despite having a chairman who is loaded and Keano in the hot seat have so far signed precisely one player (and not a big name at that).

The next two weeks will be critical - I will be very surprised if we don't sign three-four players during that period.:fingerscrossed:

Whilst I haven't done any extensive research, it seems to me that there has been very little transfer activity at all, by anybody. So I'm not surprised! Especially as SC said he didn't think much would happen before the last two weeks.

well it's not like there have been hundreds of signings by other clubs so far. I don't think we should be panicking just yet

I was referring to the suggestion of 6 signings including up to 3 Prem loanees . I think there will be new faces but not on that scale or of the latter type. We appear to be in the bargain market, not forgetting that SL made it clear the squad should be smaller. Nevertheless I was struck by SC's remarks which still seem to have a degree of "Oh shit" about them to me. With 2 experienced players about to leave and others injured we are at least temporarily in that very substance. Still if the overblown expectations caused by SC's appointment are being toned down that is no bad thing.

I was referring to the suggestion of 6 signings including up to 3 Prem loanees . I think there will be new faces but not on that scale or of the latter type. We appear to be in the bargain market, not forgetting that SL made it clear the squad should be smaller. Nevertheless I was struck by SC's remarks which still seem to have a degree of "Oh shit" about them to me. With 2 experienced players about to leave and others injured we are at least temporarily in that very substance. Still if the overblown expectations caused by SC's appointment are being toned down that is no bad thing.

I can't imagine there will be more than 3 signings either, SC made it clear that he needed to make sure the fit senior players were not over used at thsi stage. I certainly agree with your last statement though, although I am afraid that some people will react very badly if we struggle a lot.

Archived