IGNORED

Aldershot Match Thread

eric04

We've got a player here on trial, first name Charlie but don't know surname. He was out during half time with the subs, someone asked Mcallister who he was and he said all he knew was his first name is Charlie and he's been here a day

Did he mention what position?

We need at least 5 signings IMO just to have a squad of players capable of staying in this division.

James Wilson & Christian Ribiero are always injured, so 10 to 20 games maximum from them and it will be asking a lot of Joe Edwards & Joe Lennox to play any significant part in our season.

John Akinde seems to have gone backwards since his Chmapionship debut against the Green Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmeeeeeeeee and I'm not convinced about Clarkson.

Hopefully 2 or 3 players will sign next week, with at least 2 or 3 quality Premier League youth loans signings the following week to make the numbers up.

We also need to get the players confidence up ASAP, can't be good getting stuffed at League 2 sides.........IT WILL TRANSLATE IN OUR LEAGUE SEASON!!!.

BCAGFC

We need at least 5 signings IMO just to have a squad of players capable of staying in this division.

James Wilson & Christian Ribiero are always injured, so 10 to 20 games maximum from them and it will be asking a lot of Joe Edwards & Joe Lennox to play any significant part in our season.

John Akinde seems to have gone backwards since his Chmapionship debut against the Green Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmeeeeeeeee and I'm not convinced about Clarkson.

Hopefully 2 or 3 players will sign next week, with at least 2 or 3 quality Premier League youth loans signings the following week to make the numbers up.

We also need to get the players confidence up ASAP, can't be good getting stuffed at League 2 sides.........IT WILL TRANSLATE IN OUR LEAGUE SEASON!!!.

BCAGFC

Lennox is a forward you mean Ball?

We've got a player here on trial, first name Charlie but don't know surname. He was out during half time with the subs, someone asked Mcallister who he was and he said all he knew was his first name is Charlie and he's been here a day

Chaplin?

Lennox is a forward you mean Ball?

I meant all of the kids really, most of them haven't made their debuts yet.

Can't expect them to go straight into the side and perform just because we have been lazy regarding bringing players in.

It was BLATANTLY obvious that we needed defenders after last season, Millen knows that, Coppell should have seen that if he really did watch all those DVDs.

And how long does it take to recover from dropping a BBQ on your foot?.

BCAGFC

Lets not start overreacting for godsake! I agree we need a commanding CB, a creative midfielder/winger and another fullback but we are not in danger of going down imo. Granted without Maynard and Haynes we are nothing but if they can get fit soon then they will be a good attacking force, I'm more worried about when they're going to return atm, so we should be looking at strikers! Hopefully we'll see a few more signings this week but it is pre-season and we must not start behaving too OTT!

I meant all of the kids really, most of them haven't made their debuts yet.

Can't expect them to go straight into the side and perform just because we have been lazy regarding bringing players in.

It was BLATANTLY obvious that we needed defenders after last season, Millen knows that, Coppell should have seen that if he really did watch all those DVDs.

And how long does it take to recover from dropping a BBQ on your foot?.

BCAGFC

Why not?

BCAGFC

I suspect that may be optimistic given the number of trialists and that the most exciting player we have been realistically linked with is Stead. SC's remarks read to me as "Oh shit we've it left it too late and gambled on no injuries. Now what?". Hoping to be proved wrong. :sign09:

That, my friends, is a p*ss poor result by any standards. Fair enough to say that we will struggle for goals without Nicky and Danny but how is our defence shipping three against Aldersh*t?

Might be something to do with the reserve back 4 we put out!! Arguably none of those four will start in defence vs Millwall.

I'll start worrying if our first few league games throw up equally bad results. I am not too worried about friendlies.. hell do you remember when Tinnion was first in charge we won nearly all of them at a canter.. and then look what happened!

I suspect that may be optimistic given the number of trialists and that the most exciting player we have been realistically linked with is Stead. SC's remarks read to me as "Oh shit we've it left it too late and gambled on no injuries. Now what?". Hoping to be proved wrong. :sign09:

well it's not like there have been hundreds of signings by other clubs so far. I don't think we should be panicking just yet

Archived