IGNORED

Maynard & Haynes

WellRedPhil

I'm becoming increasingly concerned with the injuries that Maynard and Haynes have picked up as it looks like they're not going to feature in pre-season at all! Does anyone know when they are expected back? Only noone has been very specific about these injuries when it's quite an important issue!

Coppell is quite rightly worried about the fact that we have a few injuries, but I'm just hoping they can at least feature a little in pre-season, as if they start the season having played no friendly matches whatsoever this could be very harmful to their form and fitness. I don't want the situation we had with Clarkson last season plaguing our main strike pairing, as that will be a disaster. We need Maynard fit and firing and if Haynes hasn't undertaken a proper pre-season his body will be weaker than normal and this will greatly affect his game, especially as he relies so much on his body for pace!

As i said on another thready yesterday, both have been training at david lloyd gym this week and hope to be training with the squad from Monday.

:fingerscrossed:

Yeah I'd missed that as well, hopefully they will be in full training from Monday then. If they've only been able to start using the gym this week though that suggests they have some way to go...

Archived