IGNORED

Just Back From Aldershot

sab

not many pluses-went with a mate who was neutral and I agree with his observation that the team played like a bunch of strangers. 3-nil was a fair result. No good performances. Notable bad performance was Nyatanga who was very poor

Yes, just got home to Southampton from Aldershot 3-0 says it all. Same problems as last year.

1.Need a commanding Goalkeeper

2. Need a dominate Centre Half

3. Need a Captain

4.Need a ball winning/creative mid fielder

5.Need back up for Nicky Maynard

I am sure Steve C has worked that out by now and is working on as we speak.

agree with some but not all based on today

1.Need a commanding Goalkeeper-maybe but gerkin made a few top class saves today

2. Need a dominate Centre Half-true the pairing was awful today-no closing down at all

3. Need a Captain-no leader today and very quiet

4.Need a ball winning/creative mid fielder-hartley would be nice

5.Need back up for Nicky Maynard-we didnt seem to want to play more than one forward today in the centre

Well at least we saw some real special formation work from the red arrows. Quite a scary performance if that is all we have upfront pumping hopeful balls along the channels(especially first 30 mins) then we have a problem. Thought Sproule played well but if our midfield is Elliot Cisse Sproule and then Haynes or Albert we will not create to many chances this season. Clarkeson when he came on suggested he may provide a bit of inventiveness up front. As for right back position don't want to knock the young man Edwards thought he had a good game but gave me the impression he is not the quickest and also not the tallest. You can't lack both as a defender as you will struggle with Orr going this position is a priority even though others have played there before Skuse, Carey and Elliot you need a genuine experienced RB. Ribs Mc Allister cover the LB slot. oh and Ps Skuse is not a centre half. Saying this there are a lot a speed merchants at AG but we badly need someone in midfield to release them with some clever passing which I didn't see coming from Meesers Ellio and Cisse. Anyway still only a friendly but i am sure a win would be nice as Millwall will be fired up on 7th Aug.

Come on you reds

Very disjointed display today.

I am usually Mr optimistic, but little to cheer today. Only mitigation was Cole playing at Centre half. Albert looks lively.

I hate to see City lose any game, competitive or friendly. Even worse when we created so few chances. Even those we did, Clarkson missed. (And I was just sying to the people near me what great feet I thought he had). Oh well, bring on Yeovil and Blackpool.

At the end of the day, friendly or not...our players should be of a significant enough quality not to get turned over 3-0 by a League Two side.

It's a bit early for predictions but looking at our current squad, I think we are really going to struggle at least in the first couple of months of the season.

Coppell did well to manage expectations when he arrived but not even he could claim that so far this pre-season has been anything other than pretty poor. My expectations of us building on last seasons finish have been well and truly dashed.

Yes we probably will bring in a couple of players in but they'll take time to bed in too and from what I've read the current side are playing like strangers.

Might go down Exeter on Monday and see what the hells going on.

Ishmael Miller is said to be on his way.

The need for two defenders is clear, particularly with Bradley Orr on his way to London.

I'm not sure that the exits from our ranks have stopped with Hartley and Orr as I think offers for Skuse and Elliot may not be far away. Its lucky in a way Maynard is injured as that will cool any interest for him (unless its a ruse!! one for the cospiracy theorists)

However as Dave Jones (of the Monkees) once said...I'm a believer....Roll on Millwall

Archived