IGNORED

We Are Close To Signing A Player Or Two.....

Mclovin BS14

Looking on the site where it says brad set to leave i notice steve saying this and im just wondering who it could be?? i know it could be anyone but my money is on stead and miller :fingerscrossed: stead being the one thats close to a done deal and miller being the possible second one. But even though they are good strikers i dont think they are main priority atm it is the defence we need sorting and after brad on his way we need 2 solid defenders and quick.

Looking on the site where it says brad set to leave i notice steve saying this and im just wondering who it could be?? i know it could be anyone but my money is on stead and miller :fingerscrossed: stead being the one thats close to a done deal and miller being the possible second one. But even though they are good strikers i dont think they are main priority atm it is the defence we need sorting and after brad on his way we need 2 solid defenders and quick.

Get what your saying mclovin and would be delighted if the two names mentioned were the targets. Regarding the rest of our squad I have absolutely no doubt we will reqruit the required personel sooner or later. I know a fair number of us are getting a bit anxious with the apparent state of the squad and it seems like there will be more than the 'two or three' signings coppell mentioned before pre season but i really think things will start speeding up in the next 7 to 10 days. I for one am reserving judgment and am willing to give the time and backing coppell needs and deserves.

Get what your saying mclovin and would be delighted if the two names mentioned were the targets. Regarding the rest of our squad I have absolutely no doubt we will reqruit the required personel sooner or later. I know a fair number of us are getting a bit anxious with the apparent state of the squad and it seems like there will be more than the 'two or three' signings coppell mentioned before pre season but i really think things will start speeding up in the next 7 to 10 days. I for one will am reserving judgment and am willing to give the time and backing coppell needs and deserves.

I haven't seen them yet, but I guess there is also a different style of play to get used to. That's hard enough with your full strength team on the pitch, let alone ressies and trialists (that's the theory belonging to me, anyway).

I haven't seen them yet, but I guess there is also a different style of play to get used to. That's hard enough with your full strength team on the pitch, let alone ressies and trialists (that's the theory belonging to me, anyway).

Excellent point that man.

I wouldnt imagine budget would stretch to two strikers while there are so many other areas of team that need addressing

No doubt we need one though ASAP. Especially with Nicky M not loking like he is going to get a full preseason we need someone to take the burden off.

I would much rather have one quality striker than two mid-level ones. Between Clarkson, Akinde, Haynes, And Adomah im sure they could manage as cover for Nicy M and New Striker, at least till xmas anyway.

My Dream Shopping List

GK - Richard Wright (free but prob decent wages) - got a few decent years left and Gerks/Hendo would egt a chance if he picks up injuries

DR - Steve Finnan (free but prob big wages) - absolutely top draw full back, hes 34 now so 1 year deal perfect, allowing Ribs to be rotated in and eventually take his spot at end

DL - Ryan Bertrand (season long loan from Chelsea) - looked awesome whenever ive seen him play both for Norwich and Reading, never going to crack Chelsea 1st team yet tho

DC - Danny Shittu (transfer Bolton 0.5M?) - Was quality at this level for Watford and chips in goals, bit of a tank il admit but would compliment the nippier and better ball playing Fontaine

ML - Danny Rose (season long loan Spurs) - looks a promising youngster but with Bale/Modric/Kranjkar ahead of himn looks like he could end up on loan, good comp for JCR

ST - Ishmael Miller (transfer WBA 1.5M?) - has had injury issues but providing medical shows no concerns he is a real handful when fit, would take Kitson as alternative though if on some kind of affordable terms

thats only 2M outlay on transfers but granted somne big wages. Short term nature of loans & finnan though would limit that liability somewhat, plus we have recently offloaded quite a few senior pros so should be a bit of wage budget left

I wouldnt imagine budget would stretch to two strikers while there are so many other areas of team that need addressing

No doubt we need one though ASAP. Especially with Nicky M not loking like he is going to get a full preseason we need someone to take the burden off.

I would much rather have one quality striker than two mid-level ones. Between Clarkson, Akinde, Haynes, And Adomah im sure they could manage as cover for Nicy M and New Striker, at least till xmas anyway.

My Dream Shopping List

GK - Richard Wright (free but prob decent wages) - got a few decent years left and Gerks/Hendo would egt a chance if he picks up injuries

DR - Steve Finnan (free but prob big wages) - absolutely top draw full back, hes 34 now so 1 year deal perfect, allowing Ribs to be rotated in and eventually take his spot at end

DL - Ryan Bertrand (season long loan from Chelsea) - looked awesome whenever ive seen him play both for Norwich and Reading, never going to crack Chelsea 1st team yet tho

DC - Danny Shittu (transfer Bolton 0.5M?) - Was quality at this level for Watford and chips in goals, bit of a tank il admit but would compliment the nippier and better ball playing Fontaine

ML - Danny Rose (season long loan Spurs) - looks a promising youngster but with Bale/Modric/Kranjkar ahead of himn looks like he could end up on loan, good comp for JCR

ST - Ishmael Miller (transfer WBA 1.5M?) - has had injury issues but providing medical shows no concerns he is a real handful when fit, would take Kitson as alternative though if on some kind of affordable terms

thats only 2M outlay on transfers but granted somne big wages. Short term nature of loans & finnan though would limit that liability somewhat, plus we have recently offloaded quite a few senior pros so should be a bit of wage budget left

:city: Good call and it would not suprise me if one or two of these end up at the gate.

My Dream Shopping List

Like the sound of that!!!!!!

I'm praying for Bertrand - hoping he's one of the two we're close to signing.

I think Rose is promised to Portsmouth on loan, once their embargo is lifted.

i agree with Bertrand , think the other is Stead to be honest

Nicky Hunt and Jon Stead are close and we are in talks with David James. Credit to MATT BCFC on Ziderheads for this little nugget of info.

David James is having talks with Celtic tomorrow. Sunderland are also interested while Arsenal turned down the option. Seems highly unlikely to me.

David James is having talks with Celtic tomorrow. Sunderland are also interested while Arsenal turned down the option. Seems highly unlikely to me.

I'd agree given that they are both top flight clubs in their respective leagues, but perhaps he's keeping his options open given the location of Celtic and Sunderland? I would have thought that he had many suitors for his services, but you never know!

I'd agree given that they are both top flight clubs in their respective leagues, but perhaps he's keeping his options open given the location of Celtic and Sunderland? I would have thought that he had many suitors for his services, but you never know!

I think it's more likely it was just a poor rumour to be honest. James will get plenty of better offers.

Archived