IGNORED

Steve Coppell And Colin Sexstone Q And A

!james

Adam Baker is posting responses on Twitter, thought people on here might be interested in hearing the responses:

Coppell:

"I feel privileged to be here. It's the right fit at right time," manager Steve Coppell.

"Trying very hard to bring players in. Hope next week a couple of announcements." Coppell.

"I look one season at a time. Across league, teams that have built new stadiums have gone on to he successful like Reading."

"Never one particular style of play. Width in a 4-4-2 is my tradition. I'd like that but it depends on players we have. Attacking football."

On Hartley: "Don't want unhappy players." On Brad: "Wanted a new challenge."

"Asking a lot of first year pros to get involved this season. We want local youngsters wanting to play for BCFC though."

"Prem loans difficult due to World Cup year. I'm not a big fan of the loan system anyway. I'd use it, but it's not easy."

"Louis Carey is captain as far as I'm concerned. Not that I've seen him in boots yet. Lads respect him."

"Not decided on number one yet. It's close. They both had a blank canvas to work from. We still need another keeper too."

"Nicky and Danny Were main men last year and to lose both was cruel. Early stages of rehab. Asking a lot for Aug 7th."

"Cisse brought in to bolster squad. Played in defence and midfield to supplement squad. He's mainly midfielder."

"David Lee is chief scout and is bringing in computer system and structure."

"This is a massive challenge. There is a good core squad here but we don't have that depth yet. Players needed quickly."

Colin Sexstone

Colin: "Staying at AG not back on agenda. We've come so far already."

"First real serious knock back we've had and we won't throw in towel."

"Stadium is dependent on sale of Ashton Gate. In excess of £20m. Where else will money come from."

"Too big a risk to start without Ashton Gate sale. It is an enabling deal."

"All have a part to play. Write to councillors, MPs, Evening Post. Make them aware of the mistake they've made re: Sainsbury's"

"Business plan with new stadium is based on Championship football. No debt to football club. Small debt to stadium company."Adam Baker is posting responses on Twitter, thought people on here might be interested in hearing the responses:

"Biggest risk for the club is if we don't move from Ashton Gate. That's what I would worry about."

"Sainsbury's would bring 400 new jobs. The new stadium would bring about new job opportunities as well."

"Only concerned with getting new stadium. Council have asked about arena. We'd listen but without stadium there's no arena."

"Start stadium build after October and the completion date will slip a year."

"Decision this week doesn't help World Cup bid. Think we can get round it."

"Town village green report is due to come out this week. It is a big decision. It would be the biggest village green in England!"

will keep updating with more when he posts he can be found at - http://twitter.com/bean_head

some interesting responses about youngsters, goalkeepers, carey, cisse etc!

The nimby's have applied for Village green status on the site (tip) that the new ground is to be built on.

I see.

So let me get this clear... there will be a stadium, possibly some houses, a hotel and maybe an arena along with a car park for about 1k cars as well as tarmac for pathways, maybe a railway station later and all this might be called a 'village green' ?

Adam Baker is posting responses on Twitter, thought people on here might be interested in hearing the responses:

Coppell:

"I feel privileged to be here. It's the right fit at right time," manager Steve Coppell.

"Trying very hard to bring players in. Hope next week a couple of announcements." Coppell.

"I look one season at a time. Across league, teams that have built new stadiums have gone on to he successful like Reading."

"Never one particular style of play. Width in a 4-4-2 is my tradition. I'd like that but it depends on players we have. Attacking football."

On Hartley: "Don't want unhappy players." On Brad: "Wanted a new challenge."

"Asking a lot of first year pros to get involved this season. We want local youngsters wanting to play for BCFC though."

"Prem loans difficult due to World Cup year. I'm not a big fan of the loan system anyway. I'd use it, but it's not easy."

"Louis Carey is captain as far as I'm concerned. Not that I've seen him in boots yet. Lads respect him."

"Not decided on number one yet. It's close. They both had a blank canvas to work from. We still need another keeper too."

"Nicky and Danny Were main men last year and to lose both was cruel. Early stages of rehab. Asking a lot for Aug 7th."

"Cisse brought in to bolster squad. Played in defence and midfield to supplement squad. He's mainly midfielder."

"This is a massive challenge. There is a good core squad here but we don't have that depth yet. Players needed quickly."

Colin Sexstone

Colin: "Staying at AG not back on agenda. We've come so far already."

"First real serious knock back we've had and we won't throw in towel."

"Stadium is dependent on sale of Ashton Gate. In excess of £20m. Where else will money come from."

"Too big a risk to start without Ashton Gate sale. It is an enabling deal."

"All have a part to play. Write to councillors, MPs, Evening Post. Make them aware of the mistake they've made re: Sainsbury's"

"Business plan with new stadium is based on Championship football. No debt to football club. Small debt to stadium company."Adam Baker is posting responses on Twitter, thought people on here might be interested in hearing the responses:

"Biggest risk for the club is if we don't move from Ashton Gate. That's what I would worry about."

"Sainsbury's would bring 400 new jobs. The new stadium would bring about new job opportunities as well."

"Only concerned with getting new stadium. Council have asked about arena. We'd listen but without stadium there's no arena."

"Start stadium build after October and the completion date will slip a year."

"Decision this week doesn't help World Cup bid. Think we can get round it."

"Town village green report is due to come out this week. It is a big decision. It would be the biggest village green in England!"

will keep updating with more when he posts he can be found at - http://twitter.com/bean_head

some interesting responses about youngsters, goalkeepers, carey, cisse etc!

Some really interesting stuff from the Gaffer there. Bit more worried about NM and DH now but still got every confidence in Coppell having everything or everyone in place for Millwall. In Coppell I trust.

I see.

So let me get this clear... there will be a stadium, possibly some houses, a hotel and maybe an arena along with a car park for about 1k cars as well as tarmac for pathways, maybe a railway station later and all this might be called a 'village green' ?

No, if the villiage green application is approved next week then we cant build any of it.

He also said he liked old fashioned tactics such as wingers with lots of space etc and a very interesting conference it was, Coppell wasn't giving much away at all.

SC also said re loan signings from the prem. Prem managers INSIST that if they loan you a player that he must play every game iff fit. Prem league team usually pay half the wages but if the player isnt picked then all wages must be payed by the club ( ie City). So if the player isnt that good,or out of form we would still have to have him in the side.

Thats why SC doesnt like the loan system .

Coppell:

Would that be Football Manager 2011 he's bringing in then? I could do that job!!!!!

SC also said re loan signings from the prem. Prem managers INSIST that if they loan you a player that he must play every game iff fit. Prem league team usually pay half the wages but if the player isnt picked then all wages must be payed by the club ( ie City). So if the player isnt that good,or out of form we would still have to have him in the side.

that sounds like a bit of a sweeping statement; to say ALL prem managers insist on that policy. I doubt that very much frankly.

Utterly confused now. Thought City had detailed planning approval. How can this move usurp that? weird.

Planning approval has been granted

But local residents have applied to have the site designated as a"Town Green" which will mean that despite the approval no stadium or development of any kind

(inc houses) can be built.

They are trying to say that the land is actually a village green that has been used by the community for years, kids play there, etc etc.

It's actually a former rubbish dump and tip and no one ever went there or showed any interest until the Stadium plan came up.

It was considered a desparate long shot by the residents to grab at anything to stop the stadium and wasn't expected to come to anything.

But - after the events of last week - who knows what Bristol will do next. ????

I guess it depends on how far the "Merchant Venturers" have infiltrated the decision body !

Jutst got back, some very interesting comments from Coppell and I thought he spoke a lot of sense. He was honest which is always admirable, admitting we have a long way to go and there is a lack of depth to the squad. He said he hopes to sign a couple this week and identified he's looking to fill several positions. He insisted however that there is a strong core to the squad, and it was evident that the injuries picked up to key players have been hugely frustrating for Coppell. However he's admitted it's unlikely Maynard and Haynes will make the Millwall game and this is of course a big blow. Can't wait for the new season now and I'm looking forward to the new signings that will shortly follow.

Enjoyed the reggae as well ;)

But local residents have applied to have the site designated as a"Town Green" which will mean that despite the approval no stadium or development of any kind

They are trying to say that the land is actually a village green that has been used by the community for years, kids play there, etc etc.

It's actually a former rubbish dump and tip and no one ever went there or showed any interest until the Stadium plan came up.

It was considered a desparate long shot by the residents to grab at anything to stop the stadium and wasn't expected to come to anything.

I guess it depends on how far the "Merchant Venturers" have infiltrated the decision body !

thanks for the explanation Red.

Democracy heh?... not what its all cracked up to be!!

That's not quite what he said! He said that can be a stipulation and if you have a PL loan player sitting on the bench their parent club can get gnarky, but he didn't say it was it was a term in every PL loan! His point on how PL clubs can loan out players and sell them on for more profit when they've had a good season in the Championship when they would have probably let them go anyway should the loan system not be accessible in this way is a good point, as it's yet another way that they can make money.

that sounds like a bit of a sweeping statement; to say ALL prem managers insist on that policy. I doubt that very much frankly.

But the only reason they loan out is for them to get experience of a competitive league game - if the player plays the Premier club are happy to subsidise the wages, if the player isn't playing then the loaning club is penalised financially. They can't insist he plays but it amounts to the same thing.

I'm sure Ajax made the same request for Sno - because he seemed undroppable for quite some time last season.

CR

Having been to the site today, how they can make that application is a joke. The site is uneven, lots of excrement about the place, and overgrown. Should be thrown out, but of course let's not take it for granted that it will!

P.s not a dog walker, child playing, picnic, or otter in sight

That's not quite what he said! He said that can be a stipulation and if you have a PL loan player sitting on the bench their parent club can get gnarky, but he didn't say it was it was a term in every PL loan! His point on how PL clubs can loan out players and sell them on for more profit when they've had a good season in the Championship when they would have probably let them go anyway should the loan system not be accessible in this way is a good point, as it's yet another way that they can make money.

He also said they usually filter down into the championship anyway on frees or whatever but look at cardiff, they loan out Tom Heaton and turned out to be successful so they signed him. I don't see any reason why we shouldnt at least take one loan signing on.

Was any further info provided about Rosenior's no-show/u-turn/stitch-up??

Didnt hear him mentioned fella, would assume that one is dead and buried, at the end of the day he didnt want anything to do with us, good player but I guess feels that we are beneath him

Archived