IGNORED

Steve Coppell And Colin Sexstone Q And A

!james

SC also said re loan signings from the prem. Prem managers INSIST that if they loan you a player that he must play every game iff fit. Prem league team usually pay half the wages but if the player isnt picked then all wages must be payed by the club ( ie City). So if the player isnt that good,or out of form we would still have to have him in the side.

Thats why SC doesnt like the loan system .

Not that surprising really i suppose. Why bother farming a young player out unless they are getting games. Otherwise they are just bench-warming and with lower quality coaches and training facilities.

Thats supports the idea of bringing in quality loans with the intention that they will be first 11 players, like Bertrand.

No surprise Watford picked up so many good loans last season, they have pretty much no squad so the likes of Cleverly and Lansbury played nearly every game they were fit for.

He also said they usually filter down into the championship anyway on frees or whatever but look at cardiff, they loan out Tom Heaton and turned out to be successful so they signed him. I don't see any reason why we shouldnt at least take one loan signing on.

Yeah I did say that in my original post! And if a good loan becomes available, I agree it can be a good idea, but I'd rather be in the market for players rather than young loanees.

Some really interesting stuff from the Gaffer there. Bit more worried about NM and DH now but still got every confidence in Coppell having everything or everyone in place for Millwall. In Coppell I trust.

thought steve coppell was very interesting and honest,also showed a good bit of humour,totally agree in your trust of him,think we have an excellent forward thinking manager.

• Admin

Not that surprising really i suppose. Why bother farming a young player out unless they are getting games. Otherwise they are just bench-warming and with lower quality coaches and training facilities.

Thats supports the idea of bringing in quality loans with the intention that they will be first 11 players, like Bertrand.

No surprise Watford picked up so many good loans last season, they have pretty much no squad so the likes of Cleverly and Lansbury played nearly every game they were fit for.

I guess much depends on the quality of the loan we could attract. If we managed a Cleverley WE'D want him in the team every week anyway!

Archived