IGNORED

At Least 6 Players Coming In!

Tins

After listening to Steve Coppell's Q and A today, he mentioned different positions he is looking to bring players in.

He mentioned:

GK - he preferably wants 3

RB - too replace Orr

CB - too replace McCombe

CM - too replace Hartley

LM - to solve the inbalance

ST - at least one

So we maybe signing 2 strickers altogether, possible a LB aswell.

He also mentioned how he has already asked about some players, and may bring some people in on loan even though he dislikes it. He mentioned Fergie about this one, so maybe some Man U youngsters. He said they will be released on loan next week as the world cup players are coming back now so the youngsters are not needed for pre-season anymore.

Im quite excited about the future now! dancing6.gifdancing2.gifdancing6.gifdancing2.gif

After listening to Steve Coppell's Q and A today, he mentioned different positions he is looking to bring players in.

He mentioned:

RB - too replace Orr

CB - too replace McCombe

CM - too replace Hartley

ST - at least one

He also mentioned how he has already asked about some players, and may bring some people in on loan even though he dislikes it. He mentioned Fergie about this one, so maybe some Man U youngsters. He said they will be released on loan next week as the world cup players are coming back now so the youngsters are not needed for pre-season anymore.

Im quite excited about the future now! dancing6.gifdancing2.gifdancing6.gifdancing2.gif

Brian Tinnion

Hope you don't mind me coming onto your thread. Just need to calm down a bit.

Chillin'.

Ahem.....

I agree, lots of new signings is 'very exciting'.

It's also very expensive - unless we pick up the next Wayne Rooney from non-league for £25K + appearance money.

Whilst the squad needed improving, we have ended up with almost a mass clearout. This could be destabalizing, and would obviously take a while for all the new faces to gel together.

Yes. things needed to change / improve, but the squad we had did get us into the play-offs, and then two 10th place finishes. A few dramas along the way, but a reasonable record and platform for development.

What are the chances of, say, 6 new players all being a success - unless we spend mega-bucks?

I am not yet saying that this is a depature from how our recent success has been achieved, but just a bit surprized.

Untill proven otherwise, though, in the two Steve's, we trust :worship2: :worship2: .

P.S. First game 7th August, right? :whistle2:

Tom Cleverley would be nice but any ManUre player has to have something about them, they wouldn't be at the club otherwise.

BCAGFC

Fergie has already said Welbeck and Cleverley will go to Premier League teams on loan so no chance of either of those

If we loaned anyone from Man Utd it would most likely be - Craig Cathcart, Corry Evans, Ritchie De Laet or Mame Biram Diouf

6 coming in ?

I was accused on panicking yesterday, it will be atleast 5 I reckon more. We will see. The lot we have at the moment aren't good enough but I won't start again.

you werent accused of it. you admitted it in your post just after you asked a load of stupid questions. did you ask Coppell the questions today?

Fergie has already said Welbeck and Cleverley will go to Premier League teams on loan so no chance of either of those

If we loaned anyone from Man Utd it would most likely be - Craig Cathcart, Corry Evans, Ritchie De Laet or Mame Biram Diouf Did he defo say premier league teams I'm sure it just said they would be going out on loan?

Brian Tinnion

Hope you don't mind me coming onto your thread. Just need to calm down a bit.

Chillin'.

Ahem.....

I agree, lots of new signings is 'very exciting'.

It's also very expensive - unless we pick up the next Wayne Rooney from non-league for £25K + appearance money.

Whilst the squad needed improving, we have ended up with almost a mass clearout. This could be destabalizing, and would obviously take a while for all the new faces to gel together.

Yes. things needed to change / improve, but the squad we had did get us into the play-offs, and then two 10th place finishes. A few dramas along the way, but a reasonable record and platform for development.

What are the chances of, say, 6 new players all being a success - unless we spend mega-bucks?

I am not yet saying that this is a depature from how our recent success has been achieved, but just a bit surprized.

Untill proven otherwise, though, in the two Steve's, we trust :worship2: :worship2: .

P.S. First game 7th August, right? :whistle2:

One experienced player has left with two more to go this week it seems. We were already a goalkeeper short. The clearout in that sense was not of our making so six coming in is not as dramatic as it sound perhaps.

He mentioned:

RB - too replace Orr

CB - too replace McCombe

CM - too replace Hartley

ST - at least one

From what SC said today I reckon he'll be looking at bringing in another six.

Not necessarily all in this transfer window but definitely by the end of January.

SC thought the core of the team was good when he arrived - it had to be to earn reasonably good successive Championship finishes - but also that the squad was unbalanced and needed urgent reinforcing in key areas.

I reckon he had 4 new players minimum in mind then but with the departures of Orr, Hartley and McCombe that core is much weaker.

He also said that of the 11/12 players who had performed so well for KM at the end of last season only 4 or 5 had been regularly available to him so far and he was particularly disappointed, when questioned, that he hadn't been able to see Carey, Haynes and Maynard in action.

I'm sure Ribeiro could be added to that list as on his form at the end of the season a place would surely be found for him in the starting X1.

6 more isn't alot really - it's not unusual for City to have that many new signings and the clearout at the end of the season was far more thorough than usual.

SC also said that all the decisions on who to release had been made prior to him taking over.

I heard that Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Ishmael Miller (WBA), Scott Carson (WBA) and Scott Sinclair (Chelsea. Carson and Miller would be fantastic purchases and youngsters Bertrand and Sinclair providing pace up front and in defence. :city:

i would run down the sreet naked if we signed them, which is very unlikely.

I heard that Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Ishmael Miller (WBA), Scott Carson (WBA) and Scott Sinclair (Chelsea. Carson and Miller would be fantastic purchases and youngsters Bertrand and Sinclair providing pace up front and in defence. :city:

Yep, Im sure WBA's number one keeper would love to play for us.

He mentioned:

RB - too replace Orr

CB - too replace McCombe

CM - too replace Hartley

ST - at least one

I'm not sure why you are any more or less excited than you were a day or two back when you were posting about your concerns with our lack of signings?

Anybody with a couple of braincells to bang together can tell we need to add to the squad, most would agree on where and it's obvious that Steve Coppell knows all this.

Nothing has changed.

The difficult still remains in finding players available, good enough, within budget, the right age, and beating off competition to get them here.

I expect by the end of August we'll have seen another four or so players in but then I thought all along that would be what would happen, so I don't get why you've gone from pessimist to optimist?

I'm not sure why you are any more or less excited than you were a day or two back when you were posting about your concerns with our lack of signings?

Anybody with a couple of braincells to bang together can tell we need to add to the squad, most would agree on where and it's obvious that Steve Coppell knows all this.

Nothing has changed.

The difficult still remains in finding players available, good enough, within budget, the right age, and beating off competition to get them here.

I expect by the end of August we'll have seen another four or so players in but then I thought all along that would be what would happen, so I don't get why you've gone from pessimist to optimist?

No, i was worried that Coppell had got players in which play in positions already covered. I also had some doubts how many signings we are going to get, i didnt think we would bring that many in. Im optimistic now because Coppell is bringing in players and that will shake the club up and be more competitive which is good. I was worried a few days ago but now after hearing him im happy.

No, i was worried that Coppell had got players in which play in positions already covered. I also had some doubts how many signings we are going to get, i didnt think we would bring that many in. Im optimistic now because Coppell is bringing in players and that will shake the club up and be more competitive which is good. I was worried a few days ago but now after hearing him im happy.

For me it was always obvious that more players would be coming in as the manager had acknowledged on day one that the squad was clearly imbalanced. He won't bring in six more players in this transfer window, and I'm sure he hasn't said he will so don't be disappointed when that doesn't happen. We'll get 3 or 4 in and he'll take his time (ie over a year) to get the right players.

from our favourite rumour site :closedeyes:

25 Jul 2010 20:29:41

Bristol City news

i have just been informed from a source within the club that Bristol City are in talks with a midfielder from manchester city

also a very experienced international goalkeeper has been approached

i also can confirm that a centre back, full back and a championship forward are close to agreeing terms with the club and should be made

public within the next couple of days

25 Jul 2010 20:10:12

Bristol City News:

Bristol City Looking to Bring in Michael Johnson From Man city.Man City Keen to offload.

Which could see Johnson on loan with a view to making the deal perm in January.

Steven Carr Also Linked to City.

For me it was always obvious that more players would be coming in as the manager had acknowledged on day one that the squad was clearly imbalanced. He won't bring in six more players in this transfer window, and I'm sure he hasn't said he will so don't be disappointed when that doesn't happen. We'll get 3 or 4 in and he'll take his time (ie over a year) to get the right players.

Today at the Question and Answer he said he wants too replace McCombe, Hartley and Orr, so thats 3, he wants a 3rd goalkeeper, 4, A left sided player to address the inbalance, 5, and at least 1 striker, 6. So he actually did say it.

Archived