IGNORED

Matt Hill

GrahamC

Been told he is surplus to requirements at Wolves, 28, so in his prime and a proven left back at Championship level, having played for Preston, Wolves and QPR (on loan).

Surely worth inquiring as to whether he'd want to come back?

Me too! An average Championship player?

When I was in the Williams, I can recall, he was forever getting a bollocking from Danny Wilson, and also flapper :rofl2br:

How would we know he never played Championship football for us!!

Personally I think he waould be a defensive improvement upon McAllister who could then move into midfield until such time we find an adequate winger.

IMO he would be another good addition to our squad. From my memories of him, he was positionally a good player who read the game very well and often covering round for his team mates which all good defenders have the knack of doing. Not so sure he was as bad as some are making out with the ball at his feet either.On top of that he always gave 100% and seemed like a good player to have around. If he is going, id take him all day long!!!

Personally I think he waould be a defensive improvement upon McAllister who could then move into midfield until such time we find an adequate winger.

:clapping: Well done pal, arn't you the clever one... I have seen him play several times on SKY TV etc

IMO we need to be looking at better players than Matt Hill, we've had some cracking left backs over the years, In no particular order: Martyn Scott - Mickey Bell - Jim Brennan - Darren Barnard etc

IN JOHNSON WE TRUST

Can you please update this?

Seriously guys, never look back, contrary to other posts i really dont think he would be an improvement on Mcallister who i will say again is a very competant full back at this level and has played much more football over last 3 seasons than Hill.........always felt sorry for Aaron Brown constantly looking over his shoulder tring to catch the flight of the ball from another Hill punt upfield

:clapping: Well done pal, arn't you the clever one... I have seen him play several times on SKY TV etc

IMO we need to be looking at better players than Matt Hill, we've had some cracking left backs over the years, In no particular order: Martyn Scott - Mickey Bell - Jim Brennan - Darren Barnard etc

there should be a like option on otib aka facebook, as i would very much like this post, absolutely loved martyn scott, and dont forget glen humpries.....maybe before your time

Not sure...very likeable guy and will always get a decent reception from me and I'm sure pretty much everyone else on here, however my memories like many others are of his poor distribution, he was without doubt a decent defender and would be a decent addition to the squad but not IMHO an improvement on Jamie Mac who I think gets more than his fair share of criticism.

Magicdaps.

Wasn't meant as a smart arse comment, just meant that he never had the chance to play at this level for us. We've signed many players we believed to be average and they have shone here i.e. Noble, Elliott (1st season in particular), Basso, Fontaine and I'm sure there are a few I've missed. When he did leave it didn't take him long to get into the PFA Team of The Year for this very division, which would suggest he's not average at this level, and ultimately got a move into the Premier League.

We are only Bristol City and if we believe we are above players like Matt Hill we are as delusional as the Blue Few thinking Scott Carson was on his way there!!

there should be a like option on otib aka facebook, as i would very much like this post, absolutely loved martyn scott, and dont forget glen humpries.....maybe before your time

Glen Humphries was almost after my time, rather than before TBH. Matty Hill was and is a miles better player than Humphries.

When he did leave it didn't take him long to get into the PFA Team of The Year for this very division, which would suggest he's not average at this level, and ultimately got a move into the Premier League.

We are only Bristol City and if we believe we are above players like Matt Hill we are as delusional as the Blue Few thinking Scott Carson was on his way there!!

Quite - the delusions of grandeur on here have to be seen to be believed at times. :disapointed2se:

Archived