IGNORED

Transfers

Bcfc-Chris

First of all, David James won't sign for city. Get real, it's not going to happen. Nicky Hunt from Bolton is a good shout, and I can see this happening, but is he all that good? I know we need a right back, but everytime I've seen him he looks average. Would love to see Ryan Bertrand, exactly what we need, and I feel this could happen with the Coppell factor. That still leaves us short of a centre mid, centre back and one even possibley two strikers. As each day goes by I get more and more concerned.

Thoughts?

You really are getting worried aren't you?! Average in the prem remember so that's not a bad thing... Agree with you on Bertrand and the other positions we need, but it's all going to take a while for Coppell to build 'his' team so I would expect a season of mid table obscurity to be honest... David James would be amazing and there's obviously something in the rumour so we can dream I guess!

Yeah I am getting worried! I just look at the team, and in particular the defence, and I just don't see enough quality. If we want another mid-table season, then why bring in Coppell? I know the transfer window isn't over yet, but I have to admit I imagined a lot more from Coppell.

Very true, and I understand it will take time, but I just feel that our team has got weaker since last season!

It has undoubtedly got weaker but that's because we haven't made many signings yet! Don't worry we still have just over a month!

Inclined to agree about James. Would be happy with Hunt, but can't help feeling he would have signed by now. Must admit to a lack of knowledge on Bertrand, but most people on here seem to rate him highly.

Mostly agree with your analysis of our requirements - with the exception of a central midfielder. Personally I think a left-sided (and footed) midfielder is a matter of greater urgency.

I am beginig to wonder if we are in a mucking fuddle. Surely we must have sounded out potential targets

long ago and spoke to the player or agent and hopefully established at least who is interested in joining us and

at what price. To be scrabbling around just hours before our final pre season freindly is desparate.

I keep hearing the Coppell factor mentioned by many on the forum, well so far it has not produced,

in either player acquisitions or pre season results. I so badly want SC to be successful, but so far

I have seen nothing to convince me to trust him completely. Come on Steve crank it up.

I am beginig to wonder if we are in a mucking fuddle. Surely we must have sounded out potential targets

long ago and spoke to the player or agent and hopefully established at least who is interested in joining us and

at what price. To be scrabbling around just hours before our final pre season freindly is desparate.

I keep hearing the Coppell factor mentioned by many on the forum, well so far it has not produced,

in either player acquisitions or pre season results. I so badly want SC to be successful, but so far

I have seen nothing to convince me to trust him completely. Come on Steve crank it up.

Completely agree with you mate

I think after reading todays posts/news etc it seems that the Coppell factor is working sort of, i.e. getting STEAD down to the ground etc, but after that I think SC's work is finished. Then Colin or whoever takes over with trying to get the player to sign, and when we don't agree to their wage demands they walk.

not Coppells fault that Hartley was homesick and Orr wanted to leave... apart from that we are only weaker due to injuries

correct. But you can bet if Johnson was still here we'd have plenty of people saying it was the managers fault because he cant handle big players

they'd probably also be saying that about why we didnt get Sonko and Stead.

Archived