IGNORED

Stadium Name!

TSG

Lansdown  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think SL is a) too modest to want the stadoum named after him and b) too shrewd not to want to sell the naming rights.

As I have said on here before, if that happens I don't care which company wants to stump up millions for the rights, so long as it is not BRITISH GAS ! Or for that matter none of the other energy supply companies.

I reckon Adidas might be interested. The Adidas Arena has a nice alliterative appeal (look it up if you don't know)

The names going to be sold! As nice as it would be to have a traditional stadium name it would be a poor business decision not to sell-out, as much as I'd hate it money talks.

The money will obviously help the club go forward, although if we're in the prem or win the 2018 bid it'll be worth a lot more for us.

It would be nice to have a say in the name e.g. Ashton Vale Adidas Area etc...

Let's face it...the stadium will be officially named after whatever company wants to pay for it, eg The Jolly Green Giant Superdome or some other such nonsense. However, we all know that it will actually be called Ashton Vale by the majority of the supporters anyway so who really cares which organisation buys the rights?

:)

Let's face it...the stadium will be officially named after whatever company wants to pay for it, eg The Jolly Green Giant Superdome or some other such nonsense. However, we all know that it will actually be called Ashton Vale by the majority of the supporters anyway so who really cares which organisation buys the rights?

:)

This thread assumes that the new stadium will actually be built.

Let us not forget that the official club line is that this is NOT going to happen unless JS get planning permission to re-develop AG.

Whether or not this is actually true, this should galvanise us all into focussing on support for the planning appeal.

NOT that us fans need much encouragement to do that. The huge momentum is growing on many fronts.

BCC - this one is going to shake you to the core with people power.

Thought for the day. Next time we all shout Ole ! (in recognition of a lengthy period of posession) will that also be a tribute to our OTIB investigative hero ?

The only name that sounds good to me from a prestigious and major Bristol employer, which surely it must be, is Rolls Royce.

Rolls Royce Arena probably sounds better than Rolls Royce Stadium even if the former is somewhat of a misnomer for the 4 sided design.

The last thing it should be called is something like The Betfred Ground or, The Blackthorn Stadium. Gambling and drinking.. no no no.

The name of the ground is at the heart of a clubs identity in my view so cannot believe Leeds ' Elland Road is now called the Lurpack.. surely that must be a joke?.. what utter nonsense.

I would much prefer then that it is called something that will remain forever but realise the lure and need for extra funding. if that has to be the case then the name needs to be very carefully considered and i would expect nothing other than that from our chairman.

To help the finance situation, we (Lansdown & Sexstone) should think about selling naming rights of the stadium, and then name the stands after players (like AG, but different names, seeing as John Atyeo is having a statue).

To name the stadium after our chairman whilst he's still in charge would seem that he's got a big ego. However, I'm for one to give him a stand, "The Lansdown End"

Archived