IGNORED

Stadium Name!

TSG

Lansdown  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aston Vale Stadium would do nicely for me but i fear that the finances will require a more corporate name.

PDG

I am of the same opinion however I have it on extremely good authority that the stadium WILL NOT be called "Ashton Vale"

lansdown has said it will be sponsored a la "emirates stadium"

Was going to say SL is a business man and a very good one at that and there is a current trend where companies give you absolutely ridulous amounts of money to name a staduim/venue. Arsenal got crazy money for a combined shirt and stadium name for in excess of £100 million.

The Americans have been doing it for years. If you click on the US tour dates of any giant band to see the venues and they are all Pepsi Arena, LG stadium etc etc.

Sign Of the times.

Was going to say SL is a business man and a very good one at that and there is a current trend where companies give you absolutely ridulous amounts of money to name a staduim/venue. Arsenal got crazy money for a combined shirt and stadium name for in excess of £100 million.

The Americans have been doing it for years. If you click on the US tour dates of any giant band to see the venues and they are all Pepsi Arena, LG stadium etc etc.

Sign Of the times.

We should hold off , if we get in the Prem the naming rights would be far more lucrative.

I would hate to have to refer to our stadium by a corporate name, and if we do get one thrust upon us I would like those who agree with me to insist in calling it 'Ashton Vale'. I know that Bradford City fans never called their ground the 'Bradford & Bingley' but always its old and much loved 'Valley Parade'. Why should we have to call our stadium the 'Screwfix Direct' or 'Kwikfit Stadium' or suchlike? Do Bournemouth's fans really refer to their ground as the 'Fitness First'?It'll be situated in Ashton Vale, and 'Ashton Vale ' it should stay.

I am of the same opinion however I have it on extremely good authority that the stadium WILL NOT be called "Ashton Vale"

Archived