IGNORED

Short Sleeve Goalie Shirts

Dave Youell

Seem only to have black long sleeved ones. And Jamo only pictured in Yellow. Is the Black Home and Yellow away? I realise you mean short sleees for comfort but I think James wears long sleeved jerseys (as some keepers don't - eg Casillas/Barthez ) I heard somewhere in the rules that it states keeper should have long sleeves and not roll up sleeves so the ref can detect punches in the area....is this rubbish?

Seem only to have black long sleeved ones. And Jamo only pictured in Yellow. Is the Black Home and Yellow away? I realise you mean short sleees for comfort but I think James wears long sleeved jerseys (as some keepers don't - eg Casillas/Barthez ) I heard somewhere in the rules that it states keeper should have long sleeves and not roll up sleeves so the ref can detect punches in the area....is this rubbish?

I hope the yellow shirt goes on sale it's mint. The black one's cool but the yellow is epic.

As for short vs long sleeves I find that keepers tops should be long sleeved myself, I only wear short sleeves in the peak of summer where it becomes unbearable in long sleeves. And as for the rules, from what I know keepers can now wear long or short sleeved shirts legally provided they are of a different colour to their team, the opposition, the opposition goalie and the officials.

No, from what I understand it was originally the rule. However, with keepers now all wearing gloves it's not required anymore.

did the shop sell away goalie shirts last year anyone? heading into town tomorrow might stop by :)

Nope last year they only sold yellow and not the grey one, and this season it appears that only the black one will be sold

Archived