IGNORED

A Chance Meeting With Tinnion

headhunter

Having read a post on this forum yesterday suggesting that Brian was returning to AG as a coach you can imagine my surprise when I bumped into him with his wife and son outside the equvalent of a Tesco Express in Elviria, Spain.

I can assure you it is not in his plans to come back but he still holds a great deal of affection for the club.

He is still running his football academy [ www.costafutbolacademy.com ] and judging by his schedule it's keeping him pretty busy. He also scouts for Everton, watching most of Malaga's home games.

As already stated on here in the past he currently lives in Coin which is inland whilst Elviria is right on the cost 8 km from Marbella; he was in the area to look at property.

We had a good chat and I did say that I felt enough water had gone under the bridge for him to make an appearance at the Gate with his held held high and being judged for the great clubman that he was and not just solely for being in charge when we lost 7-1 at Swansea!!!

A lost has happened in the 5 years since he left but let's not forget that in his one season in charge with no previous experience and a rookie assistant [Millen] he finished one point off a play off place.

Wish I was at the Gate this PM!!!

Archived