IGNORED

Two Irish Lads

Nibor

Mentioned in SC's post match interview are two young irish lads who we're trying to sign recommended by the same contact that recommended Doyle and Long. Both midfielders (left footed attacking ones please god!).

There is a lot of paperwork and they are far from done deals but if we can complete they may play some part in the game against Clevedon which won't feature senior first team players.

Obviously being recommended by the same contact doesn't make them as good - but Adamoah is looking excellent so I'm fairly excited by more young players being brought in given Coppell's track record with them.

Anyone know anything more?

Genuinly excited about everything city at the moment!

As Coppell said there is a lot of paperwork and effort involved to get these trialists over from Ireland so I doubt we would be wasting time and money on useless talet.

2 more diamonds plucked from the rough i reckon!

:city:

Source

Mystic Meg. Just kidding, I follow Wexford and found out at our match last night. We'll definitely miss him as at "our" level he's a quality player. He spent a couple weeks at Wolves this time last year but nothing came of it. Very hardworking player, can play up front too, imagine he'll impress if given a chance.

Thanks Alyosha - we're lacking a bit of creativity in the middle of midfield and we've no left sided players really.

I don't suppose he's a creative goalscoring midfielder who can play down the left as well as the middle, take set pieces and put a ball on a 20p over 50 yards is he? :)

Any clue on the other? Also a young Irish midfielder recommended by the same guy?

Thanks Alyosha - we're lacking a bit of creativity in the middle of midfield and we've no left sided players really.

I don't suppose he's a creative goalscoring midfielder who can play down the left as well as the middle, take set pieces and put a ball on a 20p over 50 yards is he? :)

Any clue on the other? Also a young Irish midfielder recommended by the same guy?

No clue on the other. As said above, the "same guy" is probably Pat Dolan as he is a friend of Mick's and would know Coppell (Dlolan's brother is a coach at Reading). Jimmy is creative and good over a dead ball, but it's hard to tell how he'll do really as this is his first real stab at professional football.

No clue on the other. As said above, the "same guy" is probably Pat Dolan as he is a friend of Mick's and would know Coppell (Dlolan's brother is a coach at Reading). Jimmy is creative and good over a dead ball, but it's hard to tell how he'll do really as this is his first real stab at professional football.

Well, given that Coppell's successfully brought players into the Championship from the same background before I think there's cause for optimism. If he does half as well as Doyle we'll have a real player. Thanks for your info.

Archived