IGNORED

Five Live Tonight

Ison

Just had a listen to a discussion on Five Live in the car. Michael Gray, Steve Claridge and Neil Warnock all think we're in with a chance of (to quote Claridge) being the 'dark horses' this year. Watch this space!

Ahhh, now is that EXACTLY what they said. Remember, you have to get your quotes absolutely spot on in this forum, otherwise you may get shot down. :innocent06:

Thanks for the info though.

Ahhh, now is that EXACTLY what they said. Remember, you have to get your quotes absolutely spot on in this forum, otherwise you may get shot down. :innocent06:

Thanks for the info though.

Or, more accurately, remember not to confuse David Pleat for an anonymous texter, but you know, small details ;)

Or, more accurately, remember not to confuse David Pleat for an anonymous texter, but you know, small details ;)

Or, choose to read what you want and believe what you want, but don't sleight someone for pointing out something which is of interest to some people who were not aware of such an article.

Anyway, we digress.

Not sure about us being dark horses, and certainly I'd never listen to anything Claridge and Warnock spout. A Dark Horse is perhaps a team which may cause a shock or surprise, you know, totally out of leftfield, but a club with 3 consecutive top 10 finishes, which has strengthened both on and off the field in the summer should surely not be considered a "dark horse", more of a known threat.

But hey, that's Claridge for you, talking bull as usual, with no sense of what's actually happened in the real world.

Or, choose to read what you want and believe what you want, but don't sleight someone for pointing out something which is of interest to some people who were not aware of such an article.

Pointing out something of interest - like City being linked with a Premier League striker by a former pro, still involved in the game at this level, as opposed to being suggested by someone with the same knowledge and credibility as you or I. I saw Twitter/Facebook comments popping up on the back of this which turned out to be based on nothing, due entirely down to misinformation. You act as though the OP was shouted down, this is hardly the case, people such as yourself decided to mock those who decided to find out what was actually said and reported it as such.

Sorry I'll be more specific. Whoever was presenting the show went from person to person asking them who they were tipping to go up and to go down this year. Although none of them specified exactly who they thought would go up, each one gave two or three names and we were tipped to do well by all of them.

Archived